Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Harcrid wrote: »
    You say that but I bet you change your mind. :-)

Every other single iphone release i've been like a child at christmas waiting for it.

This one i was only moderately excited at the keynote, and the hype inside me died as the weeks went on, i was only trying to order this morning to keep up the trend.

I think i might book a week in Vegas with the money instead! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭kod12

Available on Three now. half price contract for 6 months deal aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

kod12 wrote: »
    Available on Three now. half price contract for 6 months deal aswell

Trying to login as an existing customer, but it won't let me. I pre-ordered the sim free 256gb, which works out to €1829 if you factor in €20 a month top-up for 24 months. The Three plan of €30 for first 6 months and €60 for 18, works out at €1989 which is only a difference of €160. May go for that instead.

sink wrote: »
    Trying to login as an existing customer, but it won't let me. I pre-ordered the sim free 256gb, which works out to €1829 if you factor in €20 a month top-up for 24 months. The Three plan of €30 for first 6 months and €60 for 18, works out at €1989 which is only a difference of €160. May go for that instead.

Took me a while to get through to the page customer service chat can do it too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I have just realised, when i placed my order on Apple.ie they asked to verify the 3 digit security number on the back of the card. I entered the wrong digits. The order still went through and got my delivery date but i suspect i'll get a cancelled email soon, could kick myself :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Elessar wrote: »
    God 3 weeks? What on Earth are you going to do.

Allow me to play my little violin for you.

Edit: hint, you’ll still get it. But you’ll have 3 weeks to play out your existential angst
    No need to be so condescending. I’m a huge fan of consumer tech and love having the newest things. It’s only expected that I’d be annoyed having to wait 3 weeks to get something that everybody else will already have just because of an annoying glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Just wondering did you leave the App open at 08:01 or close it and open it every few seconds?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Castlebel

Ordered my space grey 64gb X through the Apple store app and picking it up in Belfast next Friday! Nearly had a heart attack doing it as the app didn’t come on for me until 8:05. Been soooo looking forward to this phone

Yep wouldn't work for me until 15 mins after 8. Had to reboot phone twice then type my address in "again" as it did not store but I checked before hand and everything was up to date, security code yet it asked me again.

Frustrating. But I suppose sh1t happens and it's ordered now anyway. I'll get over it , the weeks fly by anyway.

Ouch, some in the U.S have to wait 5-6 weeks, seems like they had a delay in ordering also.

I don't feel so bad now.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2017/10/27/iphone-x-now-available-pre-order-but-ready-wait/805877001/

• Advertisement

I kept force closing the app and reopening as well as refreshing the site and opening new pages to see if it would work.

Curious why not many paid with Apple Pay? For me once the site came online I got the order through in about 1 minute by checking out with Apple Pay and using TouchID to authenticate. Only issue is it cut off My address and only lists the street and county for some reason. But I can edit that before it ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 justme112

"Sold out" is referencing the delivers on quote of November 3rd. Both the Irish & UK stores have a quote of 5-6 weeks now

The account section on the app seems to have settled down a bit. Can now view all my orders.

One plus is that my estimate from earlier has changed a little. It was originally 15-20 Nov but has now changed to 13-20.
    Edit: Nevermind mine was originally 13-20 I think I was getting confused with the posts here mentioning 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

DubDJ wrote: »
    The account section on the app seems to have settled down a bit. Can now view all my orders.

One plus is that my estimate from earlier has changed a little. It was originally 15-20 Nov but has now changed to 13-20.

Was hoping mine would change too. No luck so far. Still 15-22

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Order gone to processing now and confirmed for Nov 3rd

Was hoping mine would change too. No luck so far. Still 15-22
    Ignore me, I was mistaken.

I can now edit order details though so anybody needing to change address etc can do it through the website, however I’d recommend waiting 24 hours to make sure the site is running perfectly again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I kept force closing the app and reopening as well as refreshing the site and opening new pages to see if it would work.

Curious why not many paid with Apple Pay? For me once the site came online I got the order through in about 1 minute by checking out with Apple Pay and using TouchID to authenticate. Only issue is it cut off My address and only lists the street and county for some reason. But I can edit that before it ships.

Same here and I was in around 08:07 with delivery on the 3rd I paid with ApplePay but kept getting an error to enter my shipping address again which was already saved a shipping was 15-22 on the email.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Wow.....just got an email off Eir, it would appear that one of my orders went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Processing for 15-22 of November.

• Advertisement

What case have people ordered so far any good ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I got very lucky. Store wasn’t showing on my 7 Plus or MacBook. Had a spare iPhone SE as a last resort backup and store went live on that 5 mins before the other 2. Was lucky enough to get it for latest the 7th but I’d be confident that’s launch day 3rd November they just exaggerate because of the uncertainty of my shipping area (Kerry :P)

Slipped to 5-6 weeks now so I feel like I’ve grabbed myself some gold dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

kod12 wrote: »
    What case have people ordered so far any good ones?

I am looking at Spigen with a kickstand off Amazon UK plus a tempered glass screen cover

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Vodafone's order tracking thing is very confusing!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

So what did people get after that mess?

It went live for me at 8.11. Tried app and website.
    Order a black 64GB model.
    Delivery estimate 13-20 Nov.

I paid by Apple Pay using the app so checkout was flawless for me.

Same here, 8-11, dates 13-20. Not sure how 3 Nov was even possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Quick question, if I wanted to change cards used for purchase, that would kill this order and bump me back to the end of the queue right?

Quick question, if I wanted to change cards used for purchase, that would kill this order and bump me back to the end of the queue right?

I just changed the address, and it didn’t do anything to my order. Assuming that you can change the payment method from the same page then it shouldn’t have any effect on the estimated date.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

FYI I set my address details last night and quickly selected it for the order this morning. It somehow decided to keep ‘City’ empty so my address just listed ‘santry’ inside of santry, Dublin. My original deliver date was the 7th but when I updated my address it’s now the 3rd!! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Rew wrote: »
    Order gone to processing now and confirmed for Nov 3rd

You were definitely quick man, took me 20 sec from selecting it (1 sec after site was live) to finish the order, still I got 13-20 Nov dates :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Denisoftus wrote: »
    You were definitely quick man, took me 20 sec from selecting it (1 sec after site was live) to finish the order, still I got 13-20 Nov dates :)

I had it favourited in the iPad app and went for the least popular model :-D

Advertisement