Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Vodafone's order tracking thing is very confusing!

Was that an upgrade? Cant get it to work keeps crashing out

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Rew wrote: »
    I had it favourited in the iPad app and went for the least popular model :-D

I was considering less popular 64Gb, but looked at my iPhone 7 storage and had no option :(. I wonder if color make difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

So I decided to order there with a December delivery estimate. Will the money be taken from my card in December?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Was that an upgrade? Cant get it to work keeps crashing out

No new customer.

Denisoftus wrote: »
    I was considering less popular 64Gb, but looked at my iPhone 7 storage and had no option :(. I wonder if color make difference?

Silver 64 is least fav apparently. Im order that as a test device for work so dont need 256. Personal device trying to upgrade on vodafone but its totally ****ed (as usual!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

My Otterbox commuter case from Amazon came this morning, wasn't due until 31st, i'm all set now :-)

Silver 64 is least fav apparently. Im order that as a test device for work so dont need 256. Personal device trying to upgrade on vodafone but its totally ****ed (as usual!)

I'm on upgrade anytime with Vodafone, and they made it clear, that us, loyal upgrade anytime customers, will be served last (next year likely), and I can't pre-order or even order when available online. So I decided, f.. it, and got sim-free version, when contract is up, I'll switch to €40 plan or less, don't see any reason to stay at €80 in such condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I pre-ordered from Apple at 8.07 am and have a 13 - 20 November shipping estimate. I also pre-ordered from Three on upgrade and a €30 a month contract, but not until 10.23am as I could not get through on their site. Going to wait and see when I can expect delivery from Three and if it's not until December I may cancel it and go with the apple store one, otherwise I will cancel the apple store and the go with Three.

I'm on upgrade anytime with Vodafone, and they made it clear, that us, loyal upgrade anytime customers, will be served last (next year likely), and I can't pre-order or even order when available online. So I decided, f.. it, and got sim-free version, when contract is up, I'll switch to €40 plan or less, don't see any reason to stay at €80 in such condition.

Thats insane you should see the state of my account, there are about 30 upgrade orders in it but they are all phantom, they are a total ****show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Thats insane you should see the state of my account, there are about 30 upgrade orders in it but they are all phantom, they are a total ****show.

Like orders you didn't make? Mine looks like that, thought it was just an error.

ppZ79RC.png

• Advertisement

Like orders you didn't make? Mine looks like that, thought it was just an error.

Wow no I tired to make those orders but they dont actually go through, orders you didnt make are worse again!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

I ordered via the App, I received my confirmation email at 8.06, 256 Gb Silver, delivery 7th November.

I couldn't get in before that, took 30 seconds to order and pay with Apple Pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Theres still the option to go into the actual shops on the actual release day , right?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Tonio

Ordered using the app at 8:01. Order completed by 8:02. Expected delivery Nov 7th (said 'between 3rd and 6th' during the order process). Anything I ordered in the past from Apple always arrived before the estimated delivery date on the order confirmation so I'm hopeful of receiving it next Friday. Went for Space Grey 256GB.

Tonio wrote: »
    Ordered using the app at 8:01. Order completed by 8:02. Expected delivery Nov 7th (said 'between 3rd and 6th' during the order process). Anything I ordered in the past from Apple always arrived before the estimated delivery date on the order confirmation so I'm hopeful of receiving it next Friday. Went for Space Grey 256GB.

People say app didn't work until 8:11, not for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

You were definitely quick man, took me 20 sec from selecting it (1 sec after site was live) to finish the order, still I got 13-20 Nov dates :)

Not all all models had the same availability as well. 64 were much more restricted that 256 as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Bonavox wrote: »
    So I decided to order there with a December delivery estimate. Will the money be taken from my card in December?

It will be taken just before shipment. Could be in December but the delivery estimate could also change to an earlier date in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's going to a horrible wait :(

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

What are you reading?  Mine says still processing!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

My Apple wait time for reduced slightly from 13-20th.

Feeling a little bit of buyer regret. The case I ordered arrived today and looking at it side by side with the6, the increase in screen size may be insignificant. Thinking I should have went with 8+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Refurb2017

faceman wrote: »

Feeling a little bit of buyer regret. The case I ordered arrived today and looking at it side by side with the6, the increase in screen size may be insignificant. Thinking I should have went with 8+.

Could you still cancel??

Had issues as well with confirming address and security code of CC. Space Grey 64 delivery 13-20 Nov!!! Hoping I might get it sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Mine has just changed to preparing for dispatch.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Refurb2017 wrote: »

Had issues as well with confirming address and security code of CC.

I put the wrong security code when asked to verify and the order still went through!

AidenL wrote: »

What was you estimate date?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

hmm..now that its nearly here I want it..I have the 7plus so could flog that and have a few contracting days which will easily pay for it...but three are doing their offers now :D must resist!!!!

AidenL wrote: »

Mine too, Nov 3 delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Preparing for dispatch here too. It’s happening! Places people!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

I bought the missus the 8 on launch, I don't think there will be too much regret with the X, I currently have the + and the larger screen in a smaller package will make the difference, not to mention the increased resolution, I think when you see them side by side there will be no regret

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Damn mine is still showing as

Order In Progress
    Delivers 15 Nov - 22 Nov by Express Shipping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

iancairns wrote: »
    What are you reading?  Mine says still processing!
    I went through that last year with my 7... I had it before it changed from processing..

Advertisement