Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I wouldn’t get your hopes up of it shipping early tbh. They could be coming from the other side of the world so that’s why it’s changed to preparing already.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I bought the missus the 8 on launch, I don't think there will be too much regret with the X, I currently have the + and the larger screen in a smaller package will make the difference, not to mention the increased resolution, I think when you see them side by side there will be no regret

Here’s hoping! :)

For folks frustrated by the later delivery, fret not. On the positive side all the November 3rd peeps will have their phones before ours dispatched and if they have problems with the phone itself we can cancel our orders! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

My order is still on processing :P must change the address as well actually, forgot to put in the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Micky 32 wrote: »
    My Otterbox commuter case from Amazon came this morning, wasn't due until 31st, i'm all set now :-)

Which one did you go for? Got a link?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I went with the Spigen Liquid Crystal on amazon.

Picked up a 2 pack of tempered glass screen protectors too! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Lads what's your justification for spending €1180/1350 on a phone? I kinda want one and have the money, but struggling to justify it to myself. People used to look at me like I had three heads when I told them I bought my iPhone's off contract back when they were 700-ish. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Lads what's your justification for spending €1180/1350 on a phone? I kinda want one and have the money, but struggling to justify it to myself. People used to look at me like I had three heads when I told them I bought my iPhone's off contract back when they were 700-ish. :rolleyes:

How do you justify buying any smart phone for over a certain price when you could get a perfectly functional cheaper smartphone for 200 quid or less? Cos we feel like it is why sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I think it's mainly because it's a status symbol, fashion accessory. People feel better than others displaying and letting everyone around them that they have a high end device

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I didn't buy an X, but my justification for any of the previous iPhones that I've bought is that they constantly get used, and I get value for money out of them. People think nothing about spending 700-800 on a TV, which sits in a sitting room and might only be used an hour a day. Whereas, my iPhone is with my 95% of the time and is the most used electronic I have

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

In this day and age it’s a handheld computer on the go. With my work and hobbies, the functionality it provides is better than basic smart phones. Apple have made integration between my Mac, Apple Watch and iPhone so seem less that each one compliments each other by way of hand offs and transition.

That being said it is a little bit above what anyone needs so there’s the fun element too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

You don’t, you just live with the shame.

The way I see it is I use my phone more then anything else I own. The X is actually more powerful on paper compared to some MacBooks.

It’s a music collection, 4K camera, mini computer. Comparing to other phones you’re paying the premium but it’s the small things you’ll notice.

Just dawned on me I’ve no Bluetooth headsets. Has anyone invented a cable that allows you charge and/or use regular headphones with the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

It'll come with a standard lightning to headphone cable.  Splitters are available from Amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

The fcuk I couldn’t give about what other people think. I use my iPhone relentlessly making it great value for money. And it holds it value so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

faceman wrote: »
    Just dawned on me I’ve no Bluetooth headsets. Has anyone invented a cable that allows you charge and/or use regular headphones with the phone?

Yes there are a few of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I think it's mainly because it's a status symbol, fashion accessory. People feel better than others displaying and letting everyone around them that they have a high end device

It is the case for some people and it might be for you but I don’t think you are in a majority.

Most people pay more money because they think it is a better product.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Mine is now preparing to dispatch even though i don"t get until 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I went through that last year with my 7... I had it before it changed from processing..

My Vodafone order says 'Your order is due for dispatch'. Is that a step after processing?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I just realised that i entered the wrong ccv number in my order this morning, but my order says preparing for dispatch so i assume that its ok, I can't change my order now. I went to the apple chat and they said that unless I got some sort of email saying that payment had been refused I should be ok. But worst case, if my card was rejected I assume I won't be put to the back of the line would I? I assume they'll just call me and ask for updated card info??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Logged in this morning to a local store and submitted the order, unfortunately the purchase didn't go through before I lost internet connectivity. About 6 hours later in a different city I managed to log on again and was surprised to be able to complete the order, this is so unlike last year when i had to wait for at least a month before getting the 7+. 
    Is this a sign of lacklustre interest in the X?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Any taughts on wireless chargers? Inclined to stick with the apple recommended ones like the mophie or Belkin but prefer the idea of a standing one. Is there any difference between the Apple recommended ones and say something like the Samsung one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-EP-PG950BBEGWW-Wireless-Fast-Charger-Black/dp/B06XD7FRQ5/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1509122230&sr=8-5&keywords=samsung%2Bwireless%2Bcharger&th=1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

smurfjed wrote: »
    Logged in this morning to a local store and submitted the order, unfortunately the purchase didn't go through before I lost internet connectivity. About 6 hours later in a different city I managed to log on again and was surprised to be able to complete the order, this is so unlike last year when i had to wait for at least a month before getting the 7+. 

Whats your delivery ETA?

Website says 3rd Nov.

Website says 3rd Nov.

Id say you just got far enough to hold some stock till you completed, the times def shot up rapidly to multiple weeks within a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I hate all of you who are getting it next Friday! ALL OF YOU!!! :P:D

*mumbles something about having to wait 2-3 weeks cause I couldn’t get in till 7 minutes past 8am*:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

No... demand is very high.

mad muffin wrote: »
    I hate all of you who are getting it next Friday! ALL OF YOU!!! :P:D

*mumbles something about having to wait 2-3 weeks cause I couldn’t get in till 7 minutes past 8am*:pac:

Im still having a fight with Vodafone and their pos website to get a personal one :mad:

But either way will have one to play with in work Friday morning first thing (when the courier turns up) :D

Strange as I can still go online now and order one for delivery on the 3rd, plus it only cost the equivalent of 1011 Euros.

Rew wrote: »
    Im still having a fight with Vodafone and their pos website to get a personal one :mad:

But either way will have one to play with in work Friday morning first thing (when the courier turns up) :D

I can’t believe they still haven’t fixed their website. They’ve had major issue with it for ever.

• Advertisement

Strange as I can still go online now and order one for delivery on the 3rd, plus it only cost the equivalent of 1011 Euros.

From?

Advertisement