Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Saudi Arabia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Kagawa wrote: »
    I just realised that i entered the wrong ccv number in my order this morning, but my order says preparing for dispatch so i assume that its ok, I can't change my order now. I went to the apple chat and they said that unless I got some sort of email saying that payment had been refused I should be ok. But worst case, if my card was rejected I assume I won't be put to the back of the line would I? I assume they'll just call me and ask for updated card info??

I did the exact same fecking thing. Even though Apple have the exact details, before ordering they asked for verification but i put in the number of an expired card. Funny thing was the order went through. I rang them and they said it was authourised and nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

smurfjed wrote: »
    Strange as I can still go online now and order one for delivery on the 3rd, plus it only cost the equivalent of 1011 Euros.

Where? I can't see that on any device!!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I did the exact same fecking thing. Even though Apple have the exact details, before ordering they asked for verification but i put in the number of an expired card. Funny thing was the order went through. I rang them and they said it was authourised and nothing to worry about.

Same thing here, went through the chat thing online and they said that the card had been charged, but its not showing up on my credit card. When do Apple charge your card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Mr.S wrote: »
    Link?

Must be trolling here. There isn't an online store for SA. Only local resellers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I have to pick it up direct from the Vodafone shop since I'm a first time customer so I hope they text me to let me know its ready for pick up on Friday!

Kagawa wrote: »

Same thing here, went through the chat thing online and they said that the card had been charged, but its not showing up on my credit card. When do Apple charge your card?

For now it's just authorised they don't take the money until just before they post the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

For now it's just authorised they don't take the money until just before they post the phone.

Mine is showing as preparing for dispatch so maybe they have actually charged my card. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

Anyone any idea why i couldn't and still cant check out online from the apple store but i can from the app on my iphone ? Really strange went from 2 -3 weeks to 5 weeks because of this :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

mine still processing, have a feeling that I'll get it as quoted 20/11 :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

blink44 wrote: »
    Any taughts on wireless chargers? Inclined to stick with the apple recommended ones like the mophie or Belkin but prefer the idea of a standing one. Is there any difference between the Apple recommended ones and say something like the Samsung one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-EP-PG950BBEGWW-Wireless-Fast-Charger-Black/dp/B06XD7FRQ5/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1509122230&sr=8-5&keywords=samsung%2Bwireless%2Bcharger&th=1

No interest from my perspective. You can’t really use the device while it charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Didn’t take long and he won’t have it on launch day:eek:

http://www.adverts.ie/14096754

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

It wouldn't surprise me if he sells it because of up to December of deliveries!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Didn’t take long and he won’t have it on launch day:eek:

http://www.adverts.ie/14096754

Chancer :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

It wouldn't surprise me if he sells it because of up to December of deliveries!

Price is a bit much but he might sell it indeed. When the phone actually launches and gets a lot of store and media exposure, a lot more people will realise they want it and waiting times might extent to 2018.

It’s a crap thing to do but he’s not taking any risk anyway. Worst case scenario he will easily sell it for a bit more than the official price.

When the 5 was released I had one on launch weekend which I didn’t want because I changed my mind. Rather than returning it to Apple I put it up on adverts for the official sale price. It was crazy within 15 minutes there were 3 people fighting as to who made a clear offer first and should have it, with some of them PMing me to explain how crap the others were and why I should sell to them. One of them drove to collect it from me immediatly and it was sold within 30 mins of putting up the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I'm not against paying three 549 for it since I could get 350 odd for my iPhone 7 unlocked, but I know they'd ask for a 150 quid deposit odd too.

Is that all a 7 is worth? I thought I could get around €300 for a 6S locked to Three.

Is that all a 7 is worth? I thought I could get around €300 for a 6S locked to Three.

Depends on model and condition, but I’d say an unlocked 128gb 7 one in good condition can fetch 450 or maybe a bit more if it still has warranty/AppleCare.

Overall resell value is not as good as what it used to be 5 years ago and combined to higher priced it makes it much more expensive to always have the latest phone.

Up until the 4S buying a new unlocked high capacity version of the latest model each year was costing me around 300 euros on top of the selling price for the old one. Nowadays it is *much* more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Bob24 wrote: »
    Depends on model and condition, but I’d say an unlocked 128gb 7 one in good condition can fetch 450 or maybe a bit more if it still has warranty/AppleCare.

Overall resell value is not as good as what it used to be 5 years ago and combined to higher priced it makes it much more expensive to always have the latest phone.

Up until the 4S buying a new unlocked high capacity version of the latest model each year was costing me around 300 euros on top of the selling price for the old one. Nowadays it is *much* more than that.

you're really underestimating resale prices. iPhone 7 128GB are going for €530 at least on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

What's a 6S 64GB worth? Mint condition. 300 ish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Blazer wrote: »
    you're really underestimating resale prices. iPhone 7 128GB are going for €530 at least on adverts.

Yeah. I saw them going for 550 during the week.

Fair play to him, if people are dumb enough to pay it then let them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

you do realize they're about €980 new or were?
    What price do you think the iphone x is going for ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

I’m actually frustrated that I’ve to wait until Nov 7!!!

I definitely would't pay that price myself but I think calling it dumb is missing part of the story.

Imagine you want one, you are fairly comfortable financially and a few hundred euros are not that relevant to you. You would just pay that price if it was the easiest way for you to get it and you would laugh at people calling you dumb.

When do you think Apple will actually take the money for the phone mine isnt expected to ship till nov 3 - 6th dec :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

When do you think Apple will actually take the money for the phone mine isnt expected to ship till nov 3 - 6th dec :(

Shipping day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Took mine today! Damn debit card! -nevermind its back now!

snowflaker wrote: »
    Took mine today! Damn debit card!

I used a debit as well and they havent taken anything and i wish they would afraid it wont be there when they do go to get it if i have to wait 4 - 5 weeks :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Advertisement