Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

mad muffin wrote: »
    It should work with the X. Any Qi standard compatible charger should work, based on what Apple have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Johnmb wrote: »
    It should work with the X. Any Qi standard compatible charger should work, based on what Apple have said.

Yeah. I think I’ll order it. I like the fact that it’s kind of full length.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I clicked edit on my shipping address and updated without changing and my delivery dates changed from 15th-22nd to 13th-20th

I clicked edit on my shipping address and updated without changing and my delivery dates changed from 15th-22nd to 13th-20th

No such luck for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

May have already been answered but without having to read back 43 pages..
    Are people buying from apple.co.uk to save a 50 quid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Sixtoes wrote: »
    May have already been answered but without having to read back 43 pages..
    Are people buying from apple.co.uk to save a 50 quid?
    Considered it but then you have to get the PM cover etc, so the difference would be minimal

First time ever getting it directly from Apple/ie

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

For those buying a Qi wireless charger, one thing to keep in mind is that Apple will roll out an update soon that enables faster wireless charging. So try to buy a charger that has 7.5w of power. Apple only supports the 5w for now though. That’s only if the extra speed matters to you though.

To answer the above, a few of us were talking about buying from the UK a while back but the savings this year aren’t worth it as you’d have to add in the shipping charges etc and it wouldn’t be worth the saving. It used to be a lot cheaper buying from the UK but Apple has since adjusted UK prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It would be interesting to know if ordered now, what delivery dates would be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Headshot wrote: »
    It would be interesting to know if ordered now, what delivery dates would be
    From their website, 5-6 weeks, so still before xmas (which kinda surprises me, as I thought demand would push it into the new year).

Edit: Added the X to the checkout, and dates are 6 Dec - 13 Dec.

Was the earliest day of delivery through the .ie site the 7th?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

bookalon wrote: »
    Was the earliest day of delivery through the .ie site the 7th?

3rd of Nov was the earliest

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

From their website, 5-6 weeks, so still before xmas (which kinda surprises me, as I thought demand would push it into the new year).

Edit: Added the X to the checkout, and dates are 6 Dec - 13 Dec.

Yes and apparently some networks still have stocks for launch date or close to launch date delivery.

Availability is not as restricted as it could have been, but then it is difficult to draw any conclusions on the popularity of the phone as we don't know how many of them Apple has in stock (maybe rumours of manufacturing issues significantly slowing dow product were exagerated).

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

Bob24 wrote: »
    Yes and apparently some networks still have stocks for launch date or close to launch date delivery.

Availability is not as restricted as it could have been, but then it is difficult to draw any conclusions on the popularity of the phone as we don't know how many of them Apple has in stock (maybe rumours of manufacturing issues significantly slowing dow product were exagerated).

I think we all fell for Apples PR Machine, it’s another classic case of under promise and over deliver. Put out stories of severe supply shortages and that people better order early. Hype and demand goes up, Apple people are happy. I have no doubt that they may have had issues at some stage but I suspect they have been at full production for weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Razor Russ wrote: »
    I think we all fell for Apples PR Machine, it’s another classic case of under promise and over deliver. Put out stories of severe supply shortages and that people better order early. Hype and demand goes up, Apple people are happy. I have no doubt that they may have had issues at some stage but I suspect they have been at full production for weeks now.

That's what I think as well. But it's really just speculating until we see sales figures.

Rew wrote: »
    3rd of Nov was the earliest

I got the 7th myself at 8.04. There is talk of earlier shipping on some of the later dates, mine in “preparing for delivery” so hopefully. Payment was taken right away

• Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

bookalon wrote: »
    I got the 7th myself at 8.04. There is talk of earlier shipping on some of the later dates, mine in “preparing for delivery” so hopefully. Payment was taken right away

I got the 7th too but for a lot of people estimated on the 7th it will arrive on the 3rd. If your location was Dublin for example the same order would say the 3rd - they’re all coming in the one shipment. Unless you’re in a very remote location, prepare yourself for a Friday/Monday delivery. Tuesday the latest and unlikely.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    I got the 7th too but for a lot of people estimated on the 7th it will arrive on the 3rd. If your location was Dublin for example the same order would say the 3rd - they’re all coming in the one shipment. Unless you’re in a very remote location, prepare yourself for a Friday/Monday delivery. Tuesday the latest and unlikely.

I agree, ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Refurb2017

Mine still says processing, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Refurb2017 wrote: »

Did you buy from apple?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Refurb2017

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Did you buy from apple?

Yes, ie store!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Refurb2017 wrote: »

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Mine says preparing for dispatch and now not eligable to cancel etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Micky 32 wrote: »

You have 14 days to send it back, distance selling rules apply so your covered if you want to return it you do not have to give any reason.
    I’m not sure if you can return it once it’s opened as Apple might claim hygiene rules don’t allow a return. You’d want to check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anyone order from Three and get a delivery date?

Also DHL warehouses will want to be under guard this weekend with the amount of €1200 phones in them.

You have 14 days to send it back, distance selling rules apply so your covered if you want to return it you do not have to give any reason.
    I’m not sure if you can return it once it’s opened as Apple might claim hygiene rules don’t allow a return. You’d want to check that out.

You can open it and use it for 14 days. Apple will take it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Apple literally said not one word about shortages or lack of them. That’s all analyst speculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

As for the analyst speculation - the 3M estimate applies to physical devices that Apple had in stock prior to Fridays pre-launch.

These will be the phones delivered to customers or stores on release day. Nov. 3rd. And all that sold out in a few minutes. However Apple will know if production has ramped up or not (probably it has increased dramatically if the problems were ironed out) and have an idea how many they will produce by late November or early December.

In short you can’t tell anything with respect to demand about apple shipping all pre orders this year. You can tell that they have mastered production problems though.

Yep the November 3rd date is for dublin customers, I just check delivery on the iPhone 8, it shows 2 extra days my address compared to dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Tough to tell if it's Apple or not; I'm sure some leaks are released by Apple, but can never be sure of what's true or not.
    Probably need to wait to see their quarterly results and into the new year before there's something closer to conclusive; it could be that supply is being met or sales are not that high.

And who honestly cares? It's Apple's profit; as long as the phone is quality for the end users, that's all we (unless you have shares) should really care about.

Advertisement