Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Kagawa wrote: »
    Just hope I still might get it Friday,

If yours is saying the 7th, Friday is still very likely. They are just being over cautious because of your shipping address.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

FourFourFM wrote: »
    If yours is saying the 7th, Friday is still very likely. They are just being over cautious because of your shipping address.

Yep, in the past my phone always arrived a day or 2 earlier than the date it estimated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Any of you guys posting a video review when you get your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Any of you guys posting a video review when you get your phone?

All the official reviews will probably be out Wednesday anyway. YouTubers will also get review units, I usually find these video better as they’ll go into more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Anyone know if this will be available for Vodafone upgrade anytime on Nov 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

Denisoftus wrote: »

Vodafone told me on Friday that they were allowing contract free customers and those that will be contract free within 90 days to get the iPhone X. Not sure if that only applied to pre-orders though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

7 minutes unboxing and hands-on video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=261&v=ZBAygHcM6Uk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Bob24 wrote: »
    7 minutes unboxing and hands-on video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=261&v=ZBAygHcM6Uk

Is that a display unit?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Denisoftus wrote: »

I upgraded yesterday with them so guess depends on stock

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Not sure if all unboxing videos are like that, but that was one of the most boring things I’ve ever seen.

Plus the dirt on the lens was so distracting.

The unibrow thing is really no big deal. Don’t get all the hate for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPYe5343jdQ

Much better hands-on and a review of the key features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPYe5343jdQ

Much better hands-on and a review of the key features.

Much better one indeed. Face ID seems to work pretty well for him.

And all the videos I've seen tend to make to look pretty thick. Strange as it is not that thicker compared to the other ones ... Maybe the shiny chrome gives that impression.

Edit: and more Face ID from the same guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lrjYeAgDoM
    Seems seamless and reliable but a bit slow compared to Touch ID (it seems to take about a second)

Looks like the footage of the phone was shot at the same location as the other video. Probably some event organised by Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone know when do Apple take the money? Just before shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It’s been confirmed. The tables in the background are Apple Town Square (Ugh, Store) tables. Interesting that vlogger’s are getting first access and why the hell wasnt someone like MKBHD or Mr.Mobile there.

It’s been confirmed. The tables in the background are Apple Town Square (Ugh, Store) tables. Interesting that vlogger’s are getting first access and why the hell wasnt someone like MKBHD or Mr.Mobile there.

Maybe they were. Could be slower to upload than the others. Those two would be a strange choice for exclusivity.

That said, the likes of MKBHD will have review units and will be able to post better videos when the embargo is lifted this week.

Also some detailed written first impressions from a reviewer who got to use the X for a few days: https://www.wired.com/story/iphone-x-first-impression/

Apple's embargo is definitely being lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Also some first impressions from a reviewer who got to use the X for a few days: https://www.wired.com/story/iphone-x-first-impression/

Apple's embargo is definitely being lifted.

These were more of an early hands on rather than a full review. Although the wired piece could be a full review as he’s had the phone for almost a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Thanks for the links to the vids.
    Not liking the look-and-swipe to unlock, nor the different swipes to return home (have always like that button feel and touch touch feature) etc, but to be fair when you've been so used to the button maybe it's just a case of getting used to it.
    Still glad I haven't pre-rodered, but looking forward to the feedback here and getting hands on it as well before deciding.

DubDJ wrote: »
    These were more of an early hands on rather than a full review. Although the wired piece could be a full review as he’s had the phone for almost a week.

Clearly it is more detailed and he had more time to gauge the device, but I think he's right in falling short to cal lit a review.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Clearly it is more detailed and he had more time to gauge the device, but I think he's right in falling short to cal lit a review.

AFAIK they cannot release a full review until one day beforehand. Thursday you will see reviews left right and centre

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

flexcon wrote: »
    AFAIK they cannot release a full review until one day beforehand. Thursday you will see reviews left right and centre

It’s 3 to 4 days previous if you use the last few years as a barometer (which today clearly bucks that trend)

https://twitter.com/sneakymichael/status/924755049963769856

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/30/iphone-x-hands-on-videos/

Yeah, appears to be an event in NYC put on by Apple for Youtubers.

Anyone any updates on their order?

I ordered at around 08:04 on the 27th.

Got confirmation email at 08:05. 256GB Space Gray set to be delivered by Tuesday 7th by Express Delivery.

By 13:30 my order had moved onto "Preparing for Dispatch".

The charge has been "pending" on my online banking for the last few days.

No update on shipping or anything. Have been reading a few posts on Macrumors about people in the U.S. being able to figure out their tracking numbers by using their order numbers on the UPS website, but I've tried to no avail.

Just wondering if anyone has had any movement on their orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Anyone any updates on their order?

I ordered at around 08:04 on the 27th.

Got confirmation email at 08:05. 256GB Space Gray set to be delivered by Tuesday 7th by Express Delivery.

By 13:30 my order had moved onto "Preparing for Dispatch".

The charge has been "pending" on my online banking for the last few days.

No update on shipping or anything. Have been reading a few posts on Macrumors about people in the U.S. being able to figure out their tracking numbers by using their order numbers on the UPS website, but I've tried to no avail.

Just wondering if anyone has had any movement on their orders?

I’m exactly the same as you. The charge appeared on my bank account instantly but has since dropped off, I assume they’ll take the money when shipping. Il keep an eye on here and once I see people who got delivery for Friday saying it’s shipped il keep checking my own hoping il be bumped up to launch day

@The Detective - you will probably get a dispatch email Thursday evening for delivery anytime between Friday 3rd & Tuesday 7th.

blink44 wrote: »
    I’m exactly the same as you. The charge appeared on my bank account instantly but has since dropped off, I assume they’ll take the money when shipping. Il keep an eye on here and once I see people who got delivery for Friday saying it’s shipped il keep checking my own hoping il be bumped up to launch day
    @The Detective - you will probably get a dispatch email Thursday evening for delivery anytime between Friday 3rd & Tuesday 7th.

Does anyone know of anyone in Ireland who got a launch day delivery date?

I'm not overly worried about not getting it on Friday as the new COD is out that day too, but would be nice to have it for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

blink44 wrote: »

Same here, hoping for a Friday delivery too, I’m in north Cork, if I was in Dublin I’d probably have a chance, we’ll see

Advertisement