Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

For those wondering about actually getting charged, for me it's usually after the phone has shipped, probably the day after. While it's been usually the next day for me, I think once it didn't get taken until 2 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Got a shipment notification with tracking number and delivery for Friday for the X case..:D

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Got a shipment notification with tracking number and delivery for Friday for the X case..:D

I just got a shipment notification for Friday too... for the Mophie charging pad. :p

Yeah I got dispatch notification for the case too !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Yeah I got dispatch notification for the case too !

Same here but delivery changed from 3rd to 1st November on UPS website an hour later. Which is what I expect when my iPhone ships Thursday (7th to 3rd)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Here is an article about the YouTuber event and the videos that came from it https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/30/iphone-x-hands-on-videos/

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Does anyone know of anyone in Ireland who got a launch day delivery date?

I'm not overly worried about not getting it on Friday as the new COD is out that day too, but would be nice to have it for the weekend.

Fair few people got Nov 3rd delivery date, mine still says that and also still says preparing for dispatch. Money left account today, but shows as a charge on 28th.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Same here but delivery changed from 3rd to 1st November on UPS website an hour later. Which is what I expect when my iPhone ships Thursday (7th to 3rd)

Same as. Just checked, being delivered on the 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Stupid non Dublin address, means they gave me 7th, I'd give the work address but the damn thing could end up anywhere!!!
    And if the lads get it they'd hide it on me for a week just to see my head explode!!! So mum's house in the sticks on Tuesday it is!

snowflaker wrote: »
    Stupid non Dublin address, means they gave me 7th, I'd give the work address but the damn thing could end up anywhere!!!
    And if the lads get it they'd hide it on me for a week just to see my head explode!!! So mum's house in the sticks on Tuesday it is!

:D:D

I always stress when I see deliveries arrive into work and I'm not there.

• Advertisement

:D:D

I always stress when I see deliveries arrive into work and I'm not there.

Well if it comes by courier it could be deliver to a myriad of points in the building, and once they have a signature they are gone! If the lads got it and saw my name on it, they wouldn't let an opportunity pass...

For me all going to plan my phone is going to be here on the 3rd instead of the 7th, I ordered a cover too and got a date of delivery on the 2nd, just got an text from DHL that it will deliver tomorrow, so fingers and toes crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

15th - 22nd for mine... counting down the days until it arrives. Really hope it arrives the week of the 15th or the weekend before the 15th if I’m lucky.

15th - 22nd for mine... counting down the days until it arrives. Really hope it arrives the week of the 15th or the weekend before the 15th if I’m lucky.

Same here I'm still pissed after how the pre sale went hoping to get it earlier than those dates.

Same here I'm still pissed after how the pre sale went hoping to get it earlier than those dates.

Me too. I had to re-enter some of my information again even though it was already set up, so I missed it by about 1-2 minutes...oh well, at least it’s still arriving in November/before Christmas!

Me too. I had to re-enter some of my information again even though it was already set up, so I missed it by about 1-2 minutes...oh well, at least it’s still arriving in November/before Christmas!

Shipping address was it ? Was for me even after it was all set up before the sale order originally said the 3rd when the sale went through it was 15-22.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I’m the 15th to 22nd for a silver 64GB am thinking about canceling that and ordering the 256gb silver.

Shipping address was it ? Was for me even after it was all set up before the sale order originally said the 3rd when the sale went through it was 15-22.

Yup, the exact same situation. I reckon it was just to stagger so that their servers wouldn’t be flooded all at once - just a theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

I wish Apple would use DHL more, I always suffer from the UPS remote location message......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

I ordered the silver - 64 gb. I have 20 gb free on my 64 gb iPhone 6 so I should be fine.

I'm scheduled for delivery in Galway November 13-20. I couldn't order until after 08:10 so I'm happy enough with that timeframe. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Refurb2017

I ordered the silver - 64 gb. I have 20 gb free on my 64 gb iPhone 6 so I should be fine.

I'm scheduled for delivery in Galway November 13-20. I couldn't order until after 08:10 so I'm happy enough with that timeframe. :)

What status is yours appearing as? Mine is still ‘processing’ and have the same delivery date as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Refurb2017 wrote: »
    What status is yours appearing as? Mine is still ‘processing’ and have the same delivery date as you.

Same date. Still processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

Mine says 'order in progress'. Don't think there'll be any more updates this week. I ordered my iPhone 6 from apple, and once it dispatched from China it was in Ireland two days later I think, and I got it that day. Same with my MacBook. Max 3 days later. Once they dispatch they're normally quick to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭kod12

Have three given any indication as to if we will get them on Launch day?

Well my cover from apple dispatched yesterday via DHL and arrived this morning to mullingar, 2 days early than apple expected so hopefully the phone will be the same and arrive on the 3rd instead of the 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

iPhone X videos are out now. And here’s one that confirms that there is reachability. @1:49

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

mad muffin wrote: »
    confirms that there is reachability. @1:49

Thank **** for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

stimpson wrote: »
    Thank **** for that.

Indeed :D

Very easy to remember gesture too. Swipe down to bring the screen down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Not sure if this first impressions review by The Verge has been posted yet. It’s quite subjective and it’s not really a glowing review.

Comments about FaceId and the screen are concerning. I’ll wait for the full review but I may cancel my order if they’re still saying the same things about the phone.

Advertisement