Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

Charging pad was set to be delivered today.

Just checked the tracking, now showing “This package is being held for a future delivery date. / Delivery will be rescheduled”

Rang UPS, they have no reason why it’s being held. When I asked could I have the number for the depot to go and collect it, they said they don’t have phones there but will send them a message and ask them to ring me, but they couldn’t promise anything.

Bit odd no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    Just checked account... Apple charged for my phone... awaiting shipping notification now!! :eek:

What was your estimated delivery date ?? I wish they would take my money already :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Apple took my money!!!

I can haz iPhones X?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Charging pad was set to be delivered today.

Just checked the tracking, now showing “This package is being held for a future delivery date. / Delivery will be rescheduled”

Rang UPS, they have no reason why it’s being held. When I asked could I have the number for the depot to go and collect it, they said they don’t have phones there but will send them a message and ask them to ring me, but they couldn’t promise anything.

Bit odd no?

Same for me with X case.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Written review from The Verge:
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/31/16579748/apple-iphone-x-review

This is a nice comparison shot with the 8
    jbareham_171030_2099_A_0134.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I couldn't deal with that many home screens! I've got two, everything sorted neatly into folders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I went with one of the ikea wireless chargers, specifically the one you can embed in furniture. It’s only 5w but I usually charge overnight and don’t mind the slower speed for that.

Only €15 and they even sell the drill bit needed for making a big enough space to embed it. I’m hoping it all works seemlessly otherwise I’m left with a whole in the beside table. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

DubDJ wrote: »
    I went with one of the ikea wireless chargers, specifically the one you can embed in furniture. It’s only 5w but I usually charge overnight and don’t mind the slower speed for that.

Only €15 and they even sell the drill bit needed for making a big enough space to embed it. I’m hoping it all works seemlessly otherwise I’m left with a whole in the beside table. :)

Do you have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭PaulT21

faceman wrote: »
    Do you have a link?

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/wireless-charging/

Haad a look too. Wife would kill me:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Same for me with X case.

UPS rang me back, so I went over to collect it. The woman asked me was it a phone and then went off and came back and said she couldn't find it. It was eventually found. I wonder whether they have the phones sitting in there and that's what the confusion was...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

faceman wrote: »
    Do you have a link?
    The one I went with was called Rallen, comes in black or white and the drill bit (if needed) will be on the same page if you scroll down a bit. I’m going to try fit it today so I’ll let you know how it goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

I only ordered one this afternoon from Eir... they still maintain it should be delivered on Friday.

Am I being pessimistic in thinking that they are wrong and there will surely be more of a delay?

Also, what are peoples thought's on the silicone case by Apple? I got one for the 7 last year and thought it was awful, it fell apart in about 4 months

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The Apple silicone cases are crap imo. They crack and break in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

PaulT21 wrote: »
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/wireless-charging/

Haad a look too. Wife would kill me:o

Most of their wireless charging stuff is out of stock in Dublin it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Rew wrote: »

I’m still not sure what to make out of their point saying that Animojis are “probably the single best feature on the iPhone X”.

I get that advanced face analysis has a lot of potential and including hardware which can do it is a big thing. But if the specific feature which is Animojis is the single best one of the phone, to my hears it doesn’t make it sound like a great improvement over other iPhones!

Having said that I’d probably disagree with them about this being the single best feature.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Bob24 wrote: »
    I’m still not sure what to make out of their point saying that Animojis are “probably the single best feature on the iPhone X”.

I get that advanced face analysis has a lot of potential and including hardware which can do it is a big thing. But if the specific feature which is Animojis is the single best one of the phone, to my hears it doesn’t make it sound like a great improvement over other iPhones!

Having said that I’d probably disagree with them about this being the single best feature.

The video hands on the author of that review did was poor IMHO and he made a few errors along the way so wouldn't take his detailed opinion much more seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Rew wrote: »
    The video hands on the author of that review did was poor IMHO and he made a few errors along the way so wouldn't take his detailed opinion much more seriously.

Yeah Patel definitely wouldn’t be a reference for me. He’s very headline grabbing.

But still ... calling interactive emojis the best feature of a phone which Apple sees as its blueprint for future generations :-s

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Anyone holding out hope for a feck up and Eir or another carrier deliver tomorrow instead of friday?

It'd be pretty sweet, wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

whats your delivery date?

Friday 3rd Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

Any reason not to order this on PAYG from Vodafone for €1099? It's €80 cheaper than Apple directly, will it be locked to Vodafone, I'm with them anyway so doesn't bother me that much.

Do Vodafone have a 14 day cooling off period where I could send it back if I didn't like it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

digiman wrote: »
    Any reason not to order this on PAYG from Vodafone for €1099? It's €80 cheaper than Apple directly, will it be locked to Vodafone, I'm with them anyway so doesn't bother me that much.

Do Vodafone have a 14 day cooling off period where I could send it back if I didn't like it?

If you open it and use it Vodafone won’t take it back. If you buy from Apple you have 14 to return, even if you’ve opened it and used the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I’ve canceled the order I had placed for the 64 to get the 256 silver x so delivery is now the middle of December for me which kind of suits me better. I really don’t want to have to worry about running out of space on the phone. Given the cost of the X I will be keeping it for two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

mad muffin wrote: »
    If you open it and use it Vodafone won’t take it back. If you buy from Apple you have 14 to return, even if you’ve opened it and used the phone.

They don't have a choice if buying online. From their own website

Cooling-off period: If you have changed your mind, you can get a full refund on any online purchase before the expiry of the cooling off period which is 14 calendar days following receipt of your goods, or in the case of services, from the date your contract was concluded. Where both goods and services are ordered the cooling off period expires 14 calendar days following receipt of your goods. If multiple goods are ordered, in one order and delivered separately, the cooling off period expires 14 days after the date of the last delivery.

This is the questionable term of the cooling off period
    3. Diminished Value of Goods: Where you have used the products or services supplied to you to avail of mobile services before the expiry of the cooling off period you will be liable for any diminished value of the products or services.

From reading that if you don't use mobile services your ok, just keep it in airplane mode until your happy.

They don't have a choice if buying online. From their own website

Cooling-off period: If you have changed your mind, you can get a full refund on any online purchase before the expiry of the cooling off period which is 14 calendar days following receipt of your goods, or in the case of services, from the date your contract was concluded. Where both goods and services are ordered the cooling off period expires 14 calendar days following receipt of your goods. If multiple goods are ordered, in one order and delivered separately, the cooling off period expires 14 days after the date of the last delivery.

This is the questionable term of the cooling off period
    3. Diminished Value of Goods: Where you have used the products or services supplied to you to avail of mobile services before the expiry of the cooling off period you will be liable for any diminished value of the products or services.

From reading that if you don't use mobile services your ok, just keep it in airplane mode until your happy.

From past experience, once it’s unwrapped and used. It’s yours. Don’t open it, you have 14 days to return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Most of their wireless charging stuff is out of stock in Dublin it seems

Im confused.... it says you need to charge the phone in the VITAHULT cover but in the pictures it shows a phone being charged without the cover ???

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

mad muffin wrote: »
    From past experience, once it’s unwrapped and used. It’s yours. Don’t open it, you have 14 days to return it.

That's not what the law says, your required to take good care of the goods but you are allowed open them. You can be caught for diminished value but still allowed return.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

digiman wrote: »

Are there any stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    Im confused.... it says you need to charge the phone in the VITAHULT cover but in the pictures it shows a phone being charged without the cover ???

For phones that don't support wireless charging you've to use the cover. Phones that do support wireless charging don't need the cover

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

DubDJ wrote: »

Really like the look of that, I got a cheap one from amazon, but may get that instead, let's know how it works for you.

• Advertisement

I wonder if iConnect in whitewater will have stock on Friday morning?

Advertisement