Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I'm going to buy it on 3 pre pay tomorrow if I can get one or I'll try Belfast on Saturday reserve and pick up is active at 6am Saturday if both fail I'll just have to wait for the one I ordered.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

wpisdu wrote: »
    Anyone going to Belfast tomorrow to pick one up?

Tomorrow in Belfast :pac:

https://twitter.com/brisance/status/926048221268402176

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Mine now says delivers tomorrow on the apple.ie site, but no tracking info on it.

I work in Cork, is it worth my while trying to see if I could collect from the depot tomorrow incase there is nobody home when they call????

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Kagawa wrote: »
    Mine now says delivers tomorrow on the apple.ie site, but no tracking info on it.

I work in Cork, is it worth my while trying to see if I could collect from the depot tomorrow incase there is nobody home when they call????

If its UPS they insist on a first attempt delivery before you can arrange for collection/redirection etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Davy wrote: »
    If its UPS they insist on a first attempt delivery before you can arrange for collection/redirection etc.

It is, thats a bit stupid isn't it!!! Damn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Kagawa wrote: »
    It is, thats a bit stupid isn't it!!! Damn

Only the sender can make the changes for security reasons.
    You can keep an eye on the tracking code, when it changes to notice left, call the local depot and arrange for collection that evening when the driver gets back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

sink wrote: »
    Just got dispatch notification from Three. Should have it tomorrow, Sweet! I didn't even order it until 10.30am last Friday. I had also ordered it at 8.07am from Apple store and it wasn't going to be delivered until 13th-20th, so I will be cancelling that one.

I called to see what the story was with my order, when i tracked it, it said ''out of stock''

the lady i spoke to said it could take up to 20 day for delivery and that I should try go to a store... so I cancelled

Within an hour people who ordered after me received their texts. I really feel this staff member misinformed me and therefore an order of 700+ was cancelled. Poor form. Really disappointed in Three. But hey maybe subconsciously i was second guessing my purchase :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

My Vodafone order seems to be dispatched, should I get a tracking number?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

digiman wrote: »
    My Vodafone order seems to be dispatched, should I get a tracking number?

It would appear it’s by standard post, no tracking number but needs signature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

kaerobe wrote: »
    I called to see what the story was with my order, when i tracked it, it said ''out of stock''

the lady i spoke to said it could take up to 20 day for delivery and that I should try go to a store... so I cancelled

Within an hour people who ordered after me received their texts. I really feel this staff member misinformed me and therefore an order of 700+ was cancelled. Poor form. Really disappointed in Three. But hey maybe subconsciously i was second guessing my purchase :L

Yeah it's been pretty poor communication from Three. Before now I didn't know if it was going to be delivered by the end of November never mind tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭kod12

kaerobe wrote: »

I was the same was told that would be up to 20 days on the live chat and was back and forth then checked again and said was dispatched. Staff hadn’t a clue I would say

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Just got my email from nightline.

Delivery in the morning!

I’m gonna wreck myself in the gym right now so i’ll fall straight asleep when I get home! Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pandanomnom

jamesoc85 wrote: »
    I ordered through Eir, I’ve yet to receive an update

I just received delivery notice for tomorrow from Eir through Nightline. Got an email about it too. This is the first correspondence I've received from them in relation to my order.
    I'm giddy with excitement now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Marty Bird wrote: »

That sort of thing just makes my teeth itch. Can't understand why it's allowed in the first place, but then again its Adverts and my opinion of that site could not be much lower.

EDIT: I couldn't resist posting a message on his ad and he's blocked me now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

My UPS info has updated to delivery Monday 6th.

Thats Wednesday 8th then knowing them ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

My delivery was UPS for 07 NOV

Checked now its TOMORROW.....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jamesieliz

I just received delivery notice for tomorrow from Eir through Nightline. Got an email about it too. This is the first correspondence I've received from them in relation to my order.
    I'm giddy with excitement now!

Same for me not a single update from Eir on my order since I placed it and now out of the blue nightline are delivering tomorrow happy days 😀
    Haven’t even ordered a case yet never mind wireless charger 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

AidenL wrote: »
    My UPS info has updated to delivery Monday 6th.

Thats Wednesday 8th then knowing them ! :D

Is your order direct from Appple? Unfortunately my delivery isn’t until the 15th but I was hoping I might get bumped up the queue

sean72 wrote: »
    Is your order direct from Appple? Unfortunately my delivery isn’t until the 15th but I was hoping I might get bumped up the queue

It is yep, but they always seem to use UPS. And they are unfailingly late in my experience.

• Advertisement

My delivery was UPS for 07 NOV

Checked now its TOMORROW.....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You lucky bugger. What part of the country are you in?

Did it update on the UPS site or apple.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

sean72 wrote: »

Mine is, was due 07, now its tomorrow

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Mine is tomorrow on Apple and UPS!

Fingers crossed. Wireless charger arrived today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

Mine is, was due 07, now its tomorrow

My tracking number isn't even registered yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

JoeA3 wrote: »
    That sort of thing just makes my teeth itch. Can't understand why it's allowed in the first place, but then again its Adverts and my opinion of that site could not be much lower.

EDIT: I couldn't resist posting a message on his ad and he's blocked me now :D

Not sure why this would bother someone. If you don't like it then don't make an offer. If someone is desperate enough to pay over the odds then good for them. Thread spoiling is a crappy thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

It’s X-mas eve!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Clem H Fandango

I got the email earlier from Vodafone that it has been shipped but the tracker tool still says order is processing ��

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Jealous of all of those for tomorrow! Mine is still 15th - 22nd :(

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

This new Camera App update for iPhone X looks incredible!
    https://blog.halide.cam/halide-1-5-a-camera-app-made-for-iphone-x-f2aed215854

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

stimpson wrote: »
    Not sure why this would bother someone. If you don't like it then don't make an offer. If someone is desperate enough to pay over the odds then good for them. Thread spoiling is a crappy thing to do.

Buzz killer.

I think what he’s attempting to do is far far crappier and if my “thread spoil” makes someone think twice about making him an offer well then I’ll be absolutely delighted.

Advertisement