Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

AidenL wrote: »
    You lucky bugger. What part of the country are you in?

Did it update on the UPS site or apple.ie?

Am in Kildare, it update on Apple.ie and subsequently showing on UPS

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Jealous of all of those for tomorrow! Mine is still 15th - 22nd :(

Same here I’m looking at other routes to get it earlier.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Buzz killer.

I think what he’s attempting to do is far far crappier and if my “thread spoil” makes someone think twice about making him an offer well then I’ll be absolutely delighted.

Who ever buys at that price will have cupboards full of magic beans at home I’m sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Has anyone ever collector from DHL depot before? I’m wondering if I can have someone collect it on my behalf. Maybe if I ring them in advance it might be okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Same here I’m looking at other routes to get it earlier.

yeah im continually refreshing apple.ie in hopes of being bumped up. doubt it. doubt there's many other channels to pick them up either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Ok heres one.....

My Apple account says delivered on Sat and the tracking on DHL says delivered tomorrow ??? WTF !!!!
    What does that mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    Ok heres one.....

My Apple account says delivered on Sat and the tracking on DHL says delivered tomorrow ??? WTF !!!!
    What does that mean ?

Mines the same. I’d imagine the DHL estimate (who have your package and are in the business of delivering) would be the more accurate one. The Apple one is just an estimate / worst case.

I don’t think any of these couriers operate on Saturdays though so if it’s not tomorrow it’ll be Monday.

yeah im continually refreshing apple.ie in hopes of being bumped up. doubt it. doubt there's many other channels to pick them up either.

I’m looking at the pre pay route with 3 or reserve and pickup in Belfast on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Has anyone ever collector from DHL depot before? I’m wondering if I can have someone collect it on my behalf. Maybe if I ring them in advance it might be okay?

I got a text from dhl with a link. If you follow the link you have options for change of address/pickup at DHL on Demand (seems to be a parcel motel locker type setup)

stimpson wrote: »
    I got a text from dhl with a link. If you follow the link you have options for change of address/pickup at DHL on Demand (seems to be a parcel motel locker type setup)

Thank you so much.

• Advertisement

stimpson wrote: »

from my experience if u change it on the website it takes a day to update back at HQ so youll be moved to another day

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I’m looking at the pre pay route with 3 or reserve and pickup in Belfast on Saturday.

ah I'm on eir and no time to get up to belfast on sat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

I might investigate that also. if my phone arrives mid week, Id have no setup time till next weekend, if I grabbed one Saturday, I could send back the silver one coming with UPS mid week.

I might try Space Grey instead, not sure silver was the right choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭kod12

Anyone got any courier info from three yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

I'm so X-cited!!!

Are you guys calling it the iPhone eX or the iPhone 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

snowflaker wrote: »
    Are you guys calling it the iPhone eX or the iPhone 10?

10 for me.

I keep referring to it as the X (ex)

Anyone with with DHL from UK to Shannon showing anything other than “shipment information received 14:33”?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

sink wrote: »
    Yeah it's been pretty poor communication from Three. Before now I didn't know if it was going to be delivered by the end of November never mind tomorrow.
    kod12 wrote: »
    I was the same was told that would be up to 20 days on the live chat and was back and forth then checked again and said was dispatched. Staff hadn’t a clue I would say

I've been with Three since the launch of the 5. Got it on launch day from them no problems. Pre-ordered the 6 with them, and it was a shambles. Every person you spoke to gave you a different answer about deliveries, and no one seemed to actually know what was going on. Find them poor in general for communication.
    After that, went direct with Apple for the 7. Pre-ordered the X within the first 10 mins of the store coming back up last Friday, but got an estimated delivery of 13th-20th Nov. Will have to wait this year.

• Advertisement

takemymoney.jpg

This is me with the iPhone X

Anyone with with DHL from UK to Shannon showing anything other than “shipment information received 14:33”?

yep thats me thats all I have

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    yep thats me thats all I have

Is yours saying delivery tomorrow or next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

On my UPS it says it left Castle Donnington GB at 22:10.

Is yours saying delivery tomorrow or next week?

my tracking says delivery by the end of Fri 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

DHL now saying Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK 23:32 EAST MIDLANDS - UK

16ac61f5f155aea3c669cf82f258156d.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Those of you who will receive orders from Apple tomorrow, can I ask when you ordered them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Mine has now arrived in Germany, it really is getting around!

Gekko wrote: »
    Those of you who will receive orders from Apple tomorrow, can I ask when you ordered them?

Would have been within the 08:01-08:15am 27th October window I would say.

My order email came in at 08:05.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

Micky 32 wrote: »
    On my UPS it says it left Castle Donnington GB at 22:10.

Mine left at 22:12. And at 00:42 (local time I’m guessing) it checked in at Koeln, Germany... Must be taking the scenic route ffs.

Advertisement