Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

To the posters who got the Ikea integrated charger pads, were they simple to fit? Is the charger flush with the furniture surface?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Rew wrote: »
    Ha, no sign of DHL here in central dub but UPS have been and gone!

delivered 30 mins ago via UPS, software out of date so couldn't load my ready to go backup to it. Updating to 11.1 now, impressive hardware. getting surprisingly hot at top left on back already.

side by side with 7, it's like night and day with the screen size, I need to look at getting reading glasses for low light, this might put it off for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Mr.S wrote: »
    Anyone try using ApplePay yet? Is authenticating awkward or does the phone regnognize your face from far away and low down @ till level?

Used it this morning I found it quicker then Touch ID really really smooth.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Would the 10w charger for the ipad air charge the phone quicker?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

copacetic wrote: »
    delivered 30 mins ago via UPS

Still no DHL, id be raging if I hadn't gotten my Voda one from An Post at 10am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Micky 32 wrote: »

Yes.

Yeah the difference between the iPad charger and the €90 apple fast charger is only a couple of percent in the difference it’s like 33% with apple fast charger and 27% with the iPad charger after 30 mins so not a big difference.

Yes and the USB-C adapters for the 13" and 15" MacBook Pros charge it even faster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

1yqiho.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I'm finding that it's charging realllllyyyy slowly! I have it plugged into the USB on my mac and it's on 80% for the last half hour. Now it probably still is doing some photos restore which is possibly hitting the battery. Or is USB not strong enough to power them now?

• Advertisement

Pics of smashed ones already

7ac0a9e159fca7a6a1da105b0e0a8f2d.jpg

Cool so i won't need to take out the charger out the box i'll just use my ipad charger :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I'm finding that it's charging realllllyyyy slowly! I have it plugged into the USB on my mac and it's on 80% for the last half hour. Now it probably still is doing some photos restore which is possibly hitting the battery. Or is USB not strong enough to power them now?

Charging from computer USB's is always much slower than using a plug.

JoeA3 wrote: »

Phone batteries charge on a curve not a straight line so gets slower near the end.

Joe it's normal to be slow charging via usb on the laptop/pc

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Rew wrote: »
    Pics of smashed ones already

7ac0a9e159fca7a6a1da105b0e0a8f2d.jpg
    That didn't take long

I think i will get the applecare as soon as i have it in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

faceman wrote: »
    To the posters who got the Ikea integrated charger pads, were they simple to fit? Is the charger flush with the furniture surface?
    Yeah I fit one and it’s fine. Just tested charging the X with it and no problems at all. I posted some photos a few pages back if you’re interested, post number #960.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

didn't take long? there are people buying them and literally opening them and smashing them in front of the queue. They video it and get Youtube revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

didn't take long? there are people buying them and literally opening them and smashing them in front of the queue. They video it and get Youtube revenue.

And we can thank those people for increasing AppleCare+ excess fees :-s

Cool so i won't need to take out the charger out the box i'll just use my ipad charger :-)

I’m doing that since the 4s always adds to the resale value.

• Advertisement

Joe it's normal to be slow charging via usb on the laptop/pc

Yeah I know, I would expect the USB to be a little slower but it charged my 6S very quickly! That said, the 6S lost the charge almost as quickly.....

Marty Bird wrote: »
    I’m doing that since the 4s always adds to the resale value.

I haven't used the supplied 3-pin plug in years, but I always end up using the lightning cable sooner or later.

Both in hand now, both colours are very nice

Fast charging now with a 61W USB C adapater. It’s impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭kod12

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Fast charging now with a 61W USB C adapater. It’s impressive.

where would be the best place to pick up one of them. anyone know any good portable chargers too?

kod12 wrote: »
    where would be the best place to pick up one of them. anyone know any good portable chargers too?

If you have a 13” or 15” MacBook Pro 2016 or 2017 you could swap them out there.

If not - Apple online store and places have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

You'd imagine it's easier to just keep the 1000+ they're spending on the phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

og2k7 wrote: »
    That didn't take long

I think i will get the applecare as soon as i have it in hand

Has anyone looked into insurance? Blue insurance are only insuring the 64GB and chill currently don't know if they will insure either.

Will go with the revolut screen cover for the moment, but would be good to get cover for loss or theft.

kod12 wrote: »

https://9to5mac.com/2017/10/02/whats-the-best-fast-charger-for-iphone-8-and-iphone-x/

Some cheaper models

• Advertisement

stimpson wrote: »
    Has anyone looked into insurance? Blue insurance are only insuring the 64GB and chill currently don't know if they will insure either.

Will go with the revolut screen cover for the moment, but would be good to get cover for loss or theft.

Have you tried Revolut?

Advertisement