Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Have you tried Revolut?

Revolut were offering damage cover for ? €1.60 per month. Looking on the app now it says "Coming Soon". Weird.

I rang protectyourbubble.com and they said the site had not been updated yet and their cover tops out at €1000, so I'm waiting to hear back to see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Had reservations about face ID but it absolutely works flawlessly
    Very happy with it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Had reservations about face ID but it absolutely works flawlessly
    Very happy with it so far

Like us all it works so much faster than I’ve seen in the reviews it’s just swipe up.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Really happy with FaceID so far too, I think Apple got it right and it’s just as good as TouchID.

Two questions for people on here, how do you restart the phone now? Or is it even possible anymore?

Also, anyone having any issues with the stage-light portrait mode effect? It doesn’t seem to activate for me at all which is strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

stimpson wrote: »
    Has anyone looked into insurance? Blue insurance are only insuring the 64GB and chill currently don't know if they will insure either.

Will go with the revolut screen cover for the moment, but would be good to get cover for loss or theft.

How much. Threecare chsrgung 12 pm

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »
    Really happy with FaceID so far too, I think Apple got it right and it’s just as good as TouchID.

Two questions for people on here, how do you restart the phone now? Or is it even possible anymore?

Also, anyone having any issues with the stage-light portrait mode effect? It doesn’t seem to activate for me at all which is strange.

Volume up press quickly then press volume down quickly followed up by holding the side button until the screen turns off.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

Well jealous of everyone that has gotten it today! Hoping and praying my 15th-22nd delivery is changed to the Friday before it

Same boat ... 15th-22nd. Didn't bother me at the time ..but today ..mmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

28th - 5th ... Im dying here :(

sean72 wrote: »

Same here but I couldn’t wait until then I was lucky I got one in iConnect Liffey Valley this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Volume up press quickly then press volume down quickly followed up by holding the side button until the screen turns off.

There’s also a shut down option in settings > general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Same here, so jealous, they look great.

Congrats to all who have received them today. Mine is stuck in Dublin, I'm hoping I'll have it between Monday and Wednesday at the latest.

In the meantime, I'll fondle my case !

Interested in insurance also, I suppose the options are:

1. Self insure - cover damages or theft as they arise
    2. Applecare - seems to be very expensive for what it it - anyone taking it out?
    3. Blue / Revoult, etc - again, over 2 years compared to AppleCare, its more expensive, but covers loss.

Interested what everyone else is doing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Just got an email with updated delivery window by a few days to the 24 November - 01 December. What are the chances that will move again ?

28th - 5th ... Im dying here :(

You will get it earlier than that date you might even get the one I cancelled this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Just got an email with updated delivery window by a few days to the 24 November - 01 December. What are the chances that will move again ?

Good chance, looks like production issues are solved.

what was it previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

what was it previously?

28 Nov - 4 Dec

28 Nov - 4 Dec

Cool ... I'll hope for the same ... but they are probably shortening the line for those further out dates which is fair enough ...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jacksn

DubDJ wrote: »

How does FaceID work if you are reading in bed with the lights out, does it shine a touch light on your face?

jacksn wrote: »
    How does FaceID work if you are reading in bed with the lights out, does it shine a touch light on your face?

infrared light so you don't actually see it ... but it sees you:D

Reviews say its better in the dark than in bright light as there's no light interference

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jacksn

thats mad ted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Reviews say its better in the dark than in bright light as there's no light interference

Yep - in the same way that your TV remote works in the dark :pac:

What are the speakers like guys and girls? Are they the same as the 8+ anyone tested the sound. I know with all the other features this might be a minor thing but coming from the 6+ I really can't wait for some better sounds?

Just tried it there. It's witchcraft!

What are the speakers like guys and girls? Are they the same as the 8+ anyone tested the sound. I know with all the other features this might be a minor thing but coming from the 6+ I really can't wait for some better sounds?

Speakers are ridiculously good for a phone. Stereo is much more even than the 7. There is even a bit of Bass.

stimpson wrote: »
    Just tried it there. It's witchcraft!

In the verge review they film face ID with a infrared camera ... its freaky enough looking (skip to 5min 50secs in)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Has everyone got their UPS deliveries? I'm still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭kod12

Still waiting on Nightline. On the Van since 7am

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Has everyone got their UPS deliveries? I'm still waiting!

I haven't, and its not coming today either.

What was the name of the camera app posted earlier on this thread can’t seem to find the post?

• Advertisement

Anyone have any notion of there are phones left in any bricks and mortar stores anywhere at this stage for tomorrow?

Advertisement