Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Marty Bird wrote: »
    What was the name of the camera app posted earlier on this thread can’t seem to find the post?

halide ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

just chanced my arm and went into liffey valley none left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

just chanced my arm and went into liffey valley none left :(

Might they get restocked tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

AidenL wrote: »
    Might they get restocked tomorrow?

no he wasn't very helpful all he said was hopefully some time next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

UPS absolute joke!!!

No attempt to contact me to verify address. Said they’d redeliver monday- I wasn’t having it! Collect in depot. Fine. Guy in depot rang- he had it. Went to collect it. Dick at desk- it’s out for delivery- shows me print out. I said it was here advised on a call. He said no - points at printout. I showed him number that called me (outbound only!)
    - I’ll check with manager.
    Arrives with parcel- so it was here I said! He didn’t like that!
    UPS awful to deal with!!!

Now I have phone! Time to play! X!
    (Typing this on my X)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

snowflaker wrote: »
    UPS absolute joke!!!

No attempt to contact me to verify address. Said they’d redeliver monday- I wasn’t having it! Collect in depot. Fine. Guy in depot rang- he had it. Went to collect it. Dick at desk- it’s out for delivery- shows me print out. I said it was here advised on a call. He said no - points at printout. I showed him number that called me (outbound only!)
    - I’ll check with manager.
    Arrives with parcel- so it was here I said! He didn’t like that!
    UPS awful to deal with!!!

Now I have phone! Time to play! X!
    (Typing this on my X)

Which UPS depot?? No sign of mine either. Was told at 4:30 that I’d have to wait till 5pm and then call back.

How did you get in touch with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Castlebel

Just returning from the Belfast Apple store where I picked up my preorder!
    Absolutely love it so far, don’t even notice the notch tbh.
    Face ID is actually faster than I am... a couple of times I’ve been staring at the screen waiting for it to open but I’d just forgotten to swipe up.
    Face ID has been great for signing into a lot of my apps first time it just scans your face and pulls the passwords from key chain!
    Used Apple Pay in Starbucks with no issues.
    My biggest worry so far is that I’ll damage or drop it. I had purchased a totalee case which I like as its so slim but I may end up getting an Apple leather case for peace of mind.

Which UPS depot?? No sign of mine either. Was told at 4:30 that I’d have to wait till 5pm and then call back.

Did you call 01 524 5446 ?

Great difficulty! Ups finglas. You have to call CS number online and they call you back within the hour

snowflaker wrote: »
    Great difficulty! Ups finglas. You have to call CS number online and they call you back within the hour

Just rang them.

To say the gentleman on the phone was ignorant is a massive under statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jacksn

Castlebel wrote: »
    My biggest worry so far is that I’ll damage or drop it.

thats my fear too wouldnt want it too wrapped up in cases either

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭qork

What cases are you guys looking at getting for the X?

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just rang them.

To say the gentleman on the phone was ignorant is a massive under statement.

You realise they probably have every tom dick and harry ringing them today demanding their new phone be delivered and expedited through the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Some in macrumors are reporting scratched screens out of the box!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anyone tried face ID outdoors? Seemed to be the sort of conditions where it may get troublesome according to a couple of preview videos.

awec wrote: »
    You realise they probably have every tom dick and harry ringing them today demanding their new phone be delivered and expedited through the system?

I do indeed.

You realise that most offices close at 5pm?

You realise that to ring at 4:30pm to be told that they would deliver before 5 and then not do so is quite disappointing?

You realise that to ring back after 5 and ask what the story was to be told that it would be delivered by 7pm, or Monday is also quite disappointing?

But no, you’re right, the people who’s job it is to answer customer queries, sure they’re entitled to be ignorant and unhelpful because people have been ringing them asking about deliveries...

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I do indeed.

You realise that most offices close at 5pm?

You realise that to ring at 4:30pm to be told that they would deliver before 5 and then not do so is quite disappointing?

You realise that to ring back after 5 and ask what the story was to be told that it would be delivered by 7pm, or Monday is also quite disappointing?

But no, you’re right, the people who’s job it is to answer customer queries, sure they’re entitled to be ignorant and unhelpful because people have been ringing them asking about deliveries...

It may be disappointing, but unless Apple paid for guaranteed delivery today then you're out of luck.

Look at it from the couriers perspective, he has probably got lots of phone calls today from people who all think their delivery is more important than everyone elses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Mine literally updated right at 6pm from 15-22nd of November to 13-20th of November.

Keep it comin' Apple!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Not as impressed as everyone else with Face ID. Mostly has been quick enough but I’m missing being able to open phone with finger without picking it up and looking at it directly. Use they in meetings and when don’t want kids to see sneaky check of the news. Not being able to add second face also already an issue for me.

Notifications are way better with Face ID. A lot of them were pointless with touch if.

Have disabled the attention requirements for Face ID to see does it make it a little more user friendly for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Looks like UPS are going to let me down, 18:35 and no sign of the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Any chance of a thread regarding delivery of new iPhones and leaving this one for a discussion on the phones merits or flaws.......getting a bit tedious seeing the courier bashing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

soundsham wrote: »
    Any chance of a thread regarding delivery of new iPhones and leaving this one for a discussion on the phones merits or flaws.......getting a bit tedious seeing the courier bashing etc

At this stage most of the deliveries will be done so it’s pointless starting a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Mine literally updated right at 6pm from 15-22nd of November to 13-20th of November.

Keep it comin' Apple!

Sadly I can’t report the same for mine.

awec wrote: »
    It may be disappointing, but unless Apple paid for guaranteed delivery today then you're out of luck.

Look at it from the couriers perspective, he has probably got lots of phone calls today from people who all think their delivery is more important than everyone elses.

It was scheduled for delivery today.

And no, I won’t look at it from the courier’s perspective thanks. I’ll look at it from the customer’s.

A delivery was scheduled.

A phone call was made and a promise of delivery was made. This promise wasn’t kept.

A second call was made and a second promise of delivery was made. This promise wasn’t kept.

The delivery now won’t be till Monday.

You keep saying about these poor unfortunate people who’s job it is to answer calls having to answer calls.

At what point did I say my delivery was more important than anyone else’s?

I’m not gonna bother entertaining your nonsensical rubbish anymore, point is, I paid a lot of money for something, it was meant to be delivered today and it wasn’t. It’s UPS’s problem, no on else.

Micky 32 wrote: »

I share your pain. Did you get the remote location message?

Micky 32 wrote: »

Same as. They’re a joke.

Rang them 3 times from 16:30 onwards. Promised a 17:00 delivery, then one by 19:00 and have now been told it will be Monday.

They’re a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

DubDJ wrote: »

At this stage most of the deliveries will be done so it’s pointless starting a new thread.
    hope so very hard to find any interesting nuggets about the phone reading through pages and pages of delivery and shipping tripe

Same as. They’re a joke.

Rang them 3 times from 16:30 onwards. Promised a 17:00 delivery, then one by 19:00 and have now been told it will be Monday.

They’re a disgrace.

I agree, that makes three of us on here. What part of the country are you in?

AidenL wrote: »
    I agree, that makes three of us on here. What part of the country are you in?

Dublin. It was on the van since 8:22am “out for delivery”. The depot is 9km from me. I could have walked there and back in that time.

The customer care is a disgrace.

• Advertisement

Very sorry to bore you, surely the delivery is an important part of the process

Getting used to it he X look at it and keep waiting for home screen to appear lol

Advertisement