Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Same as. They’re a joke.

Rang them 3 times from 16:30 onwards. Promised a 17:00 delivery, then one by 19:00 and have now been told it will be Monday.

They’re a disgrace.

As a matter of inteterest when they failed to deliver what did the UPS status change to on the tracking?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone know when Argos.ie will be stocking the iPhone X?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

Micky 32 wrote: »
    As a matter of inteterest when they failed to deliver what did the UPS status change to on the tracking?

It shows up as

"Delay"

"We've misrouted the package. This may cause a delay."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

UPS: We are beyond useless. We couldn’t deliver a letter to the President as his postcode doesn’t match his location...

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

I just had “Destination Scan”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Anyone notice zagg invisible shield is avaible on USA site for iPhone x and not avaible on euro site ??

https://www.zagg.com/eu/en_eu/invisibleshield/apple-iphone-x-screen-protector/

snowflaker wrote: »
    UPS: We are beyond useless. We couldn’t deliver a letter to the President as his postcode doesn’t match his location...

Just off the phone to them again.

They really don’t want to let you speak to the depot.

No out for delivery scan, so I asked for a call back from the depot so I could go collect it.

I was told that it would be definitely delivered today, when I said I was told that on Friday and wanted to speak to someone in the depot to confirm this I was reluctantly told that he’d see what he could do.

No wonder Apple are moving to a different company for deliveries, UPS are a complete sham and don’t give two s**ts about customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Speaking of shams… I still waiting Apple! Where be my X?!

I know you said 15-22 but I’m impatient :(:o:pac:

Just off the phone to them again.

They really don’t want to let you speak to the depot.

No out for delivery scan, so I asked for a call back from the depot so I could go collect it.

I was told that it would be definitely delivered today, when I said I was told that on Friday and wanted to speak to someone in the depot to confirm this I was reluctantly told that he’d see what he could do.

No wonder Apple are moving to a different company for deliveries, UPS are a complete sham and don’t give two s**ts about customers.

It gets better.

They just rang, they’ve lost my iPhone.

Good job UPS! What a bunch of wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It gets better.

They lost it?! I'd be ****ing fuming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

Those hoping to be bumped up... Still no update on my order, which was placed at 08:13 with a delivery estimate of November 13-20. I'll let you know if it changes!

They lost it?! I'd be ****ing fuming.

Yupp. Was told it wasn’t in the Dublin depot, even though that’s where it was allegedly scanned out of on Friday. They’ve now no idea where it is.

How does a company of this size employ such incompetent people?? One person saying it will definitely be delivered today, the other saying they’ve lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Refurb2017

It gets better.

No way 😡. What are they going to do???

Refurb2017 wrote: »
    No way 😡. What are they going to do???

Ring me back “within the hour”

They have 13 minutes to keep that promise. I’m not gonna hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Yupp. Was told it wasn’t in the Dublin depot, even though that’s where it was allegedly scanned out of on Friday. They’ve now no idea where it is.

How does a company of this size employ such incompetent people?? One person saying it will definitely be delivered today, the other saying they’ve lost it.

Call Apple and explain the situation. They’ll get UPS to get their act toghether and provide a clear answer. And if it’s lost they’ll create a new order for you with a priority flag so that it jumps the queue and ships immediately.

It gets better.

Does the tracking say it was scanned this morning? Mine was rescanned for delivery today.. other than that i don't know what to say to you, sorry to hear about that because i know i was looking forward to today all weekend.:o

How is everyone feelng about their X's after the weekend? My buzz was kinda killed a bit because of the failed delivery on Friday and the reviews. Seems to be only getting " ah it's ok" of a phone. Seems the cheaper Note 8 is "the" phone, better and bigger screen, faster etc.. Any opinions on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

How is everyone feelng about their X's after the weekend? My buzz was kinda killed a bit because of the failed delivery on Friday and the reviews. Seems to be only getting " ah it's ok" of a phone. Seems the cheaper Note 8 is "the" phone, better and bigger screen, faster etc.. Any opinions on this?

the problem i have had with all the samsungs i have tried (s7 edge, s8 plus) is the software

the hardware is great, the software....isnt

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Refurb2017

Ring me back “within the hour”

They have 13 minutes to keep that promise. I’m not gonna hold my breath.

Bad form. Get on to Apple if no word back. You go to the effort of getting a launch day phone and then something like this happens because of the incompetence of a courier company. I’d be fuming and so pi**ed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I really like it!!! FaceID is pretty slick tbh. Apps need to be updated badly though. Had the OS freak out on Saturday night and ended up entering SOS mode, calling the coastguard and texting my parents that I was having an emergency...... that was fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I've had the weekend with mine and I'm very happy with it, no regrets, but am I blown away by it? No! I guess it depends on your expectation levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Everyone loves the Animoji
    I’m v impressed with camera

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I’m waiting to see the full reviews of the iPhone X and the Razer Phone at nearly €500 cheaper with a better screen and huge battery life it’s very tempting, no full honest reviews of either out though.
    I’m struggling with the notch buying it is like endorsing it which I’m not sure I’m prepared to do.
    I’ll give it 2 weeks before making my mind up when I’ve all the facts. Note 8 is also a contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

I dare not take away from the fun that people might be having with their devices already, but has anyone who ordered the phone through Eir actually got anything yet? I'm supposedly waiting on a tracking number from nightline but I am doubtful. I've not even been given an invoice or receipt yet (money of course left the account within seconds, they'd hardly delay that)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

No change to shipment dates. Hmmm. Do any of the bricks and mortars in Dublin have (unlocked) stock? Might just pop in and cancel the Apple order if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

faceman wrote: »
    No change to shipment dates. Hmmm. Do any of the bricks and mortars in Dublin have (unlocked) stock? Might just pop in and cancel the Apple order if so.

None in CompuB last I checked. I-connect seem to have removed it from their site for purchase completely

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

Surely the whole point of pre-ordering from apple is to get the phone before anyone else. Makes no sense that they're allocating surplus supply to stores, when people who pre-ordered the morning orders went live are expected to wait up until December in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Same as yourself; got my pre-order in about 8:08am (definitely before 8:10) on the 27th, but have an expected delivery of 13-20th that hasn't moved either.
    Really tempted to drop into a store if I know they definitely have one in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Ikea have the Rallen wireless charger in stock again. You have to ask staff for it and pick up at the collection point. I also picked up a 3 port 3.6A USB charger thinking I could use it with the wireless charger, but it turns out not to be USB powered. Doh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

My order went through at 8.07am and I got the 15th-22nd which is a bit strange...could be down to my location. Anyhow, no update on the delivery status yet!

Advertisement