Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

My order went through at 8.07am and I got the 15th-22nd which is a bit strange...could be down to my location. Anyhow, no update on the delivery status yet!

Do you live in the shticks? I live in Laois. Ordered exactly the same time and have the same dates

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

mad muffin wrote: »
    Do you live in the shticks? I live in Laois. Ordered exactly the same time and have the same dates

I live in dublin, same time. Same dates. Editing the delivery date and changing nothing bumped me up to 13th-22nd

I live in dublin, same time. Same dates. Editing the delivery date and changing nothing bumped me up to 13th-22nd

I tried that but there was no bump in date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

How are most people getting theirs - subsidised through a carrier or sim free at full whack? I'm trying to decide whether to pony up the funds outright or allocate it over 2 years. Don't really like the idea of getting into another 2 year contract though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Are you able to edit ok?
    I tried editing (both my general Shipping Address, and Shipping Address on the order cause it looks like it dropped one of the lines when copying for 'same as Billing Address' during order process) mine in the last few days both on the website and using the Apple Store app on the phone, and it just reverts when I hit Update.
    Managed to update the general Shipping Address by using the mobile version of the website. All seemed very weird. And trying to speak with someone in customer support to quickly resolve was near impossible (their Chat feature is only supported in the US).

• Advertisement

Loomis wrote: »
    Are you able to edit ok?
    I tried editing (both my general Shipping Address, and Shipping Address on the order cause it looks like it dropped one of the lines when copying for 'same as Billing Address' during order process) mine in the last few days both on the website and using the Apple Store app on the phone, and it just reverts when I hit Update.
    Managed to update the general Shipping Address by using the mobile version of the website. All seemed very weird. And trying to speak with someone in customer support to quickly resolve was near impossible (their Chat feature is only supported in the US).

Kind of. I can't add "Additional Address Information", that just goes blank. I can add County though, however once I do it gives me the option of what I've entered or an address from their database I think. That address doesn't have the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

after a failed delivery Friday, its arrived today

Gonna be fun tonight

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

The next round of deliveries will be on the 14th. How do I know this?

I have a doctors appointment that day…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

after a failed delivery Friday, its arrived today

Gonna be fun tonight

Enjoy!

Mine has gone from Dublin to Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

shuffles03 wrote: »
    How are most people getting theirs - subsidised through a carrier or sim free at full whack? I'm trying to decide whether to pony up the funds outright or allocate it over 2 years. Don't really like the idea of getting into another 2 year contract though.

I've ordered with Three. 569 with the first six months of the contract at half price with unlimited data is good enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

My order went through at 8.07am and I got the 15th-22nd which is a bit strange...could be down to my location. Anyhow, no update on the delivery status yet!
    Still have 13-20/11 - asked of of the live agents via apple chat about the dates and she couldnt confirm anything just that it might improve if they fullfill all the earlier orders.

Just have to be patient which is difficult with the case arriving today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

I've ordered with Three. 569 with the first six months of the contract at half price with unlimited data is good enough for me.

I ordered the same abs they gave me a other 100 off. This was last Saturday week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

adam88 wrote: »
    I ordered the same abs they gave me a other 100 off. This was last Saturday week

I missed that :mad: Still I don't mind. Vodafone wanted 1100 for a bill pay X like.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

what wireless chargers do people recommend?

og2k7 wrote: »
    Still have 13-20/11 - asked of of the live agents via apple chat about the dates and she couldnt confirm anything just that it might improve if they fullfill all the earlier orders.

I actually held off, just ordered my case today. Delivering Friday, gonna be awful getting it on friday and having to possibly wait a week for the phone. I wonder if the order number has something to do with getting bumped or not.

But they fulfilled all the earlier orders lol…

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

mad muffin wrote: »
    But they fulfilled all the earlier orders lol…
    thats my thinking here exactly: I know its a first world problem, but just hate waiting. I wouldnt be surprised if they have split the orders in batches by time ordered and then mixed them up

As a side note got the Karapax screen protector (Anker's brand) as well - 5.99gbp for double pack: good value and had zero issues with their products before. Just in case someone is wondering which one to go for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Micky 32 wrote: »
    How is everyone feelng about their X's after the weekend? My buzz was kinda killed a bit because of the failed delivery on Friday and the reviews. Seems to be only getting " ah it's ok" of a phone. Seems the cheaper Note 8 is "the" phone, better and bigger screen, faster etc.. Any opinions on this?

Yeah I've been using the s8 the last few months but had some time with the X the other day, "it's grand", but not wow - as I think it's just Apple catching up, screen/form factor wise. I'd imagine a lot of reviewers have a lot of time with other phones so it's probably where the "ah it's OK" comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,709 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anyone gone through Dublin Airport and know if Dixons have it?

I'll be going out of it this weekend the weekend after might try there.

thats my thinking here exactly: I know its a first world problem, but just hate waiting. I wouldnt be surprised if they have split the orders in batches by time ordered and then mixed them up

As a side note got the Karapax screen protector (Anker's brand) as well - 5.99gbp for double pack: good value and had zero issues with their products before. Just in case someone is wondering which one to go for

If macrumors is anything to go by, I suspect all available inventory is going into American stores. The way they are all canceling in droves to collect in store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Cyrus wrote: »

There is a cheaper one, but got this version, its cheaper from Amazon.de

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B076K9QW4Y/ref=pe_3044161_185740101_TE_item

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Cyrus wrote: »

12gbp one from amazon seems fine so far for overnight charging.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B018GTIPLC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The battery performance is insane compared to what I was used to (6S).

I disconnected mine last night before going to bed. It was 100% charged. This morning (7.5 hours later) it was still at 100%. Now, at 4pm it has 86%.

Granted I am at work and I am not using it that much, but I'd have been down to 40-50% by now with the 6S.

I got this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01H7547AE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don’t know if it’s any good though, as I don’t have the phone yet.

Now that I have it, I don’t know how well the phone will stay on it. There is no rubber on the pad. Hopefully I’ll find out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

JoeA3 wrote: »

The 6s is brutal though, I sold it after a few weeks couldn't handle the battery life the 6 is a better phone, lighter and better battery. The SE has a great battery (well it had until the last update:().

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

JoeA3 wrote: »

I disconnected mine last night before going to bed. It was 100% charged. This morning (7.5 hours later) it was still at 100%. Now, at 4pm it has 86%.

Granted I am at work and I am not using it that much, but I'd have been down to 40-50% by now with the 6S.

Same with the 8 compared to my old iphone 6+. Although they do degrade over time the 8 is much better even to start with.

Good work Apple, now fix the OS issues on older devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Same with the 8 compared to my old iphone 6+. Although they do degrade over time the 8 is much better even to start with.

Good work Apple, now fix the OS issues on older devices.

Yeah, they definitely do degrade over time. I'd just be happy if I can get a full day (8am -> midnight) with reasonable usage without "charging anxiety"!

By older devices, do you mean that they get slower with the new OS? My wife's 6 is definitely noticeably slower now on iOS11. And I've an old iPad thats barely usable...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Unplugged at 7am this morn, used during the day for various things inc calls and its at at 61%, id say its at least 20-30% up on my 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Mine landed today, I’m loving it.

Sorry for those who didn’t receive them, it will be worth the wait. You can feel the quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

A little work around for those that don’t like the notch..

https://9to5mac.com/2017/11/06/how-to-remove-iphone-x-notch/

Have tried it looks well on the home screen.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Advertisement