Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Was comparing the screen against me S8, S8 more colourful :-/

Over saturated, unrealistic colours. Their camera is the same (although they’ve toned it down recently.)

Much prefer to have a camera and display that take and display photos as they are meant to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Anyone who had a plus model might be familiar with this already, but the “Portrait” mode is really cool. Very impressive. Makes you look like a pro photographer :pac:

Normally the camera stuff doesn’t interest me much but I think this is very nice feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

So is their much difference between the X and the 7. I'm thinking of getting it for the Wife for Xmas, only because i can get it from Littlewoods without paying anything for the year. Basically i can pay it at 100+ Euro per month without any interest.

She only got the 7 last year and i suppose that would become my new phone(an upgrade on my 5s) but it's that pinky colour one.

Not sure what to do or i could get her and Ipad mini and Apple watch for less but that might be even more pointless.
    Any suggestions are welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I found disabling the auto brightness makes a difference doesn't look as dull now, a must to do. Was playing around with the selfie photos while lying in bed last night. The selfies do look a lot better on the X over the S8. Face ID is so good i don't miss the touch ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

So is their much difference between the X and the 7.

About €600.

• Advertisement

So is their much difference between the X and the 7. I'm thinking of getting it for the Wife for Xmas, only because i can get it from Littlewoods without paying anything for the year. Basically i can pay it at 100+ Euro per month without any interest.

She only got the 7 last year and i suppose that would become my new phone(an upgrade on my 5s) but it's that pinky colour one.

Not sure what to do or i could get her and Ipad mini and Apple watch for less but that might be even more pointless.
    Any suggestions are welcomed.

Is she really into her gadgets? Wants the latest and greatest? If so, then maybe. If not, then no, I'd suggest stretching the imagination a bit...

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Sent from your iPhone 5? Jealousy is a terrible trait.

Is that really necessary? This is the kind of post that puts the more casual poster off posting in this forum and fuels the "fan-boy-ism" stuff.

For what its worth, I kinda agree with him. A few people were making tits of themselves whinging about courier services. If my 2 year old daughter was at it she'd be on the bold step.

I'd hate to be in a customer facing job around weeks like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

JoeA3 wrote: »

Is that really necessary? This is the kind of post that puts the more casual poster off posting in this forum and fuels the "fan-boy-ism" stuff.

For what its worth, I kinda agree with him.m A few people were making tits of themselves whinging about courier services. If my 2 year old daughter was at it she'd be on the bold step.

+1
    Couldn’t agree more
    Approx 50 posts yesterday when I looked in the evening
    35 about delivery’s and 15 others of various other items
    If you went back to last fri 80% of posts I’d guess are delivery related
    The thread is a waste of time regarding the iPhone x
    Reeks of tripe to find anything relative to the actual phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

JoeA3 wrote: »

For what its worth, I kinda agree with him.m A few people were making tits of themselves whinging about courier services. If my 2 year old daughter was at it she'd be on the bold step.

+1
    Couldn’t agree more
    Approx 50 posts yesterday when I looked in the evening
    35 about delivery’s and 15 others of various other items
    If you went back to last fri 80% of posts I’d guess are delivery related
    The thread is a waste of time regarding the iPhone x
    Reems of tripe to find anything relative to the actual phone

I don't mind the chat about delivery, that's fair enough and the excitement about wondering if/when it will arrive is understandable (even for grown and otherwise well adjusted adults). But some of the nasty OTT stuff posted about couriers - who are not super-human and can make some mistakes - is just stupid and embarrassing imo.

Anyway, I'm sure plenty will disagree so the flame suit is well fastened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 i.ROBERT.101

Woo... Preparing for Disparch and money has been taken from my account... still holding out hope that I get delivery before the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Woo... Preparing for Disparch and money has been taken from my account... still holding out hope that I get delivery before the weekend!

What was your delivery window?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Many people opting to buy it in the States?

What was your delivery window?

13th to 20th of November... I know I’m an optimist!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

quarryman wrote: »
    Many people opting to buy it in the States?

I was going to but decided not to in case issues arise after year 1. I had issues arise after year 1 with the 6 and the 4 that were replaced under Irish law in Ireland.

Not willing to take a chance with the X given the price.

13th to 20th of November... I know I’m an optimist!

Same as me and no movement on mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Same here! :D

Mines 15-22

I think I just…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Jeepers lads, its speaker is loud, had it on what i normally had, phone rang and scared the sh1t outta me

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭numbernine

Mine changed to preparing for dispatch this morning. 13-20 do we think it might come earlier?

numbernine wrote: »
    Mine changed to preparing for dispatch this morning. 13-20 do we think it might come earlier?

I’ve my fingers crossed it will deliver sooner.. guess we’ll know more when it goes live on the curriers website.

How long does the “preparing for dispatch” stage normally last?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Can anyone confirm if the iPhone X displays battery percentage?

It looks like they have done away with the carrier name and the the battery percentage so that they can wedge the symbols into the top right corner?

ION08 wrote: »

It looks like they have done away with the carrier name and the the battery percentage so that they can wedge the symbols into the top right corner?

It doesn't on the home screen, but if you pull down the control centre you can see the percentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

mad muffin wrote: »
    Same here! :D

Mines 15-22

I think I just…

Mine's 13-20th, and no movement.
    Do they have a strategy for how they're processing these (it doesn't seem to follow a pattern)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Friend with 15th - 22nd estimate now preparing for dispatch.

Yeah, you don't see it at first glance like the previous iPhone's. The notch is in the way - another reason to dislike the notch. But a quick swipe down from the top right corner and you see it along with the control centre.

The operator name also scrolls at the top when screen is locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

Friend with 15th - 22nd estimate now preparing for dispatch.

Why is this not happening for me .... same dates :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

It doesn't on the home screen, but if you pull down the control centre you can see the percentage.

Thanks for confirming. Have to say that kind of irks me.

All of these compromises and the fact that it doesn't even have a proper edge to edge display really disappoint me.

I will still get the phone as i prefer iOS to Android but the X is not the phone that I was hoping it would be.

It annoys the hell out of me that they even so brazenly advertise it as an "Edge to Edge" and "All screen" when it clearly isn't.

IMO the S8 blows it out of the water design-wise.

I'd say the S9 will be the phone that I was expecting the iPhone X to be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Carrier name is still there but only on the home screen. You cant see bluetooth/headphone status or do not disturb status without pulling down control centre. The do not disturb has caught me out a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

All of these compromises and the fact that it doesn't even have a proper edge to edge display really disappoint me.

I will still get the phone as i prefer iOS to Android but the X is not the phone that I was hoping it would be.

It annoys the hell out of me that they even so brazenly advertise it as an "Edge to Edge" and "All screen" when it clearly isn't.

having had an s8 and now an X i wouldnt say that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

You might have a different opinion when you use the X.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Advertisement