Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Marty Bird wrote: »
    You might have a different opinion when you use the X.

I'm sure the phone is good to use - which is why I'm still sticking with iOS and not jumping ship to Android but I'm purely talking about the design /aesthetics of the phone being a compromise/disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ION08 wrote: »
    I'm sure the phone is good to use - which is why I'm still sticking with iOS and not jumping ship to Android but I'm purely talking about the design /aesthetics of the phone being a compromise/disappointment.

the s8 has a relatively large top and bottom bezel, the x does not,

also the facial recognition is night and day between the two

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Cyrus wrote: »
    the s8 has a relatively large top and bottom bezel, the x does not,

also the facial recognition is night and day between the two

Don’t forget about the stupid placement of the fingerprint sensor.

Loomis wrote: »
    Mine's 13-20th, and no movement.
    Do they have a strategy for how they're processing these (it doesn't seem to follow a pattern)?

You didn’t whinge loud enough. I made sure the gods of whinge heard me. In the end they were like… okay, okay. Enough with your whinging already.

Here we are dispatching your iPhone X. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Holy sh*t, late to the party! In class and checked my order, changed to preparing for dispatch :D date: 15-22nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Friend with 15th - 22nd estimate now preparing for dispatch.

I'm 13-20 and I don't have any update yet. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Thanks for confirming. Have to say that kind of irks me.

All of these compromises and the fact that it doesn't even have a proper edge to edge display really disappoint me.

I will still get the phone as i prefer iOS to Android but the X is not the phone that I was hoping it would be.

It annoys the hell out of me that they even so brazenly advertise it as an "Edge to Edge" and "All screen" when it clearly isn't.

IMO the S8 blows it out of the water design-wise.

I'd say the S9 will be the phone that I was expecting the iPhone X to be.

Have to disagree on some of the points. The X is far more premium than the S8 and a nicer looking and feel in the hand, the S8 is still a gorgeous phone though..
    Secondly i'm glad it's not edge to edge because it was a pain on the S8. When holding the edges of the screen it was sensitive and you'd end up viewing the next webpage or youtube video.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I'm 13-20 and I don't have any update yet. Lol.

Wonder if it's to do with the different SKU's. I chose silver 256gb, might be the hold up.

Wonder if it's to do with the different SKU's. I chose silver 256gb, might be the hold up.

I'm silver 64gb, I heard people say it was the least popular model, not sure if that's true though.

Fingers crossed it will update today or early tomorrow. Hoping to have it by Monday at the latest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Decided to go ahead and get an X. Chanced my arm by calling into local Vodafone store and they had one 64GB that I snapped up. That was their full allocation. Just that one phone and no one had bought it luckily for me. Loving it so far. Very premium feel to it and Face ID works great.

• Advertisement

I'm silver 64gb, I heard people say it was the least popular model, not sure if that's true though.

Fingers crossed it will update today or early tomorrow. Hoping to have it by Monday at the latest!

I'm probably clutching at straws but I've seen a few on macrumours and reddit who had their orders switch earlier today say they're space gray and I've seen a few with no movement like us saying they ordered silver.

Mine is a 64Gb silver and just prepared for dispatch this morning. Yours could be soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Silver 64gb seems to be the one Three is still saying will ship by the end of the week!

Mine is a 64Gb silver and just prepared for dispatch this morning. Yours could be soon enough!

I hope so! Fingers crossed I'll get the dispatch notification soon, sick of checking my status on the apple website. :P Have my case and screen protector at home, ready to go. :)

How long did it take from preparing to dispatch, to dispatched?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

my order which was for delivery between 13-20 November went to preparing to dispatch this morning and has just gone to dispatched and is being delivered tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

vodkatime wrote: »
    my order which was for delivery between 13-20 November went to preparing to dispatch this morning and has just gone to dispatched and is being delivered tomorrow.

super fast ! not holding my breath though I'm 28th - 5th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

I knew I wasn't the only person experiencing this!
    Yellow hue on display and weirdly apparently only happening to the Silver models (me)
    https://twitter.com/TheRealHackSpot/status/927724513105555456
    I got phone through Vodafone, do I follow up with them or go straight to Apple?
    Thanks,
    Ian

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

iancairns wrote: »
    Yellow hue on display and weirdly apparently only happening to the Silver models (me)
    Thanks,
    Ian

straight to apple....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Thanks for confirming. Have to say that kind of irks me.

All of these compromises and the fact that it doesn't even have a proper edge to edge display really disappoint me.

I will still get the phone as i prefer iOS to Android but the X is not the phone that I was hoping it would be.

It annoys the hell out of me that they even so brazenly advertise it as an "Edge to Edge" and "All screen" when it clearly isn't.

IMO the S8 blows it out of the water design-wise.

I'd say the S9 will be the phone that I was expecting the iPhone X to be.

All the S8s still have a relatively massive (compared to the X) mono-brow and chin. Why you'd fixate on the edges of the X while ignoring those I really don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

eeloe wrote: »
    Thanks,
    Ian

straight to apple....
    Thanks man. Never done before and trying to find best port of call, is it email or phone?
    Nice one!

Where is it coming from?

Thanks man. Never done before and trying to find best port of call, is it email or phone?
    Nice one!

Try turn off true tone, then restart. I had a bug on my ipad pro. If that doesn't fix, ring them up, or get them to ring you. They'll send out a box for you to put your phone in and you'll get a replacement sharpish.

Thanks,
    Ian

Which one is supposed to be the “bad” one? I prefer the look of the top one. The top one is pushing more red the bottom more green.

You can go into display accommodations and fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 i.ROBERT.101

Ahh very jealous. You order from Apple.ie? What model is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Was just on chat with them to update my shipping address on the order as the details didn't copy across during order process.
    Asked about potential for earlier delivery - currently expected 13-20. She said while she can't guarantee earlier, they'll deliver sooner if they can. "It's first come first serve so the earlier you ordered the better."
    Doesn't really add up that some with a later initial expected delivery are bumped up, so must be other reasons they're doing it but she wouldn't go into detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

I cancelled my 13-20 order in favour of Vodafone anytime upgrade, now I know I made a mistake, Vodafone is nowhere near the apple availability, so annoying how they treat customers with 1 year left on a contract, I was in store on the 3rd and they had phones to sell, just refused it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Sent from your iPhone 5? Jealousy is a terrible trait.
    6s.
    Poor assumptions is a terrible trait, but you might grow out of it.
    Delighted that everyone got their X. Their money, their lives, their choice. When I get a chance to try one, I hope it’s as good as described and I may get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Thanks,
    Ian

Your contract of sale is with Vodafone so you need to go through them.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement

My status has changed to dispatched!!!!! My date is 15-22nd. Looks like it’ll be here this weekend fingers crossed

Advertisement