Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

sean72 wrote: »
    Did it go from processing to dispatched? Did you get an e-mail our did you just check?

It goes…

Processing

Preparing to dispatch

Dispatched

You get an email when it dispatches if you opted for an email. It will say on your order page on apples website under your delivery address.

If you have the Apple store app you get a notification when it’s dispatched.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    It will head to Germany tonight before arriving in Ireland so don't worry you'll still get it tomorrow :p:p

Weird. Do the dhl ones go on a scenic route too?

It’s in Castle Donnington GB at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

mad muffin wrote: »
    Weird. Do the dhl ones go on a scenic route too?

It’s in Castle Donnington GB at the moment.
    Mine hasn't even budged - still 13-20/11

Hopefully will get some updates tomorrow: a bit random the whole process especially coming from Apple

og2k7 wrote: »
    Mine hasn't even budged - still 13-20/11

Hopefully will get some updates tomorrow: a bit random the whole process especially coming from Apple

This was my first preorder but it does seem a bit haphazard. Not exactly what one would expect from Apple. Samsung… maybe. But not Apple. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Refurb2017

sean72 wrote: »
    Did it go from processing to dispatched? Did you get an e-mail our did you just check?

Went to preparing to dispatch I think. Got a couple of emails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Glad to hear those who got later delivery dates are shipping earlier. I was originally one of those with the later dates but picked one up in-store on launch day. I know the pain of waiting while everybody else is getting theirs so I’m rooting for you all to get it this week.

It’s worth the wait though. I’m honestly really impressed with it, after being a little put off by the price. It really is one of the more impressive devices that Apple have announced recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Just a quick portrait photo i shot today, was only a quick point and shoot but shows the potential of the camera

moggy1_zpsgbf4rhvx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

DubDJ wrote: »
    Glad to hear those who got later delivery dates are shipping earlier. I was originally one of those with the later dates but picked one up in-store on launch day. I know the pain of waiting while everybody else is getting theirs so I’m rooting for you all to get it this week.

It’s worth the wait though. I’m honestly really impressed with it, after being a little put off by the price. It really is one of the more impressive devices that Apple have announced recently.

Good to hear: i really hope it is not as fragile as some of the websites make it. As soon as we get it i will try to sell the 6s so that should help a bit with the price

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

can someone recommend to a good wireless fast charger that will charge my series 3 watch and iphone X ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Just a quick portrait photo i shot today, was only a quick point and shoot but shows the potential of the camera

moggy1_zpsgbf4rhvx.jpg

Yeah the portrait feature is really cool. Makes your photos look really “pro”! I believe it’s not new to the X though, the 7 Plus had it.

• Advertisement

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    can someone recommend to a good wireless fast charger that will charge my series 3 watch and iphone X ?

I think you’ll have to wait for apples power matt or whatever they call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dast1g

Have the opportunity to buy space grey tomorrow but he took the headphones out . I use my beats X anyway so don’t mind .

Also have option to buy silver 64GB but it’s bill where as the grey is unlocked .

What’s putting me off is the grey one was opened but that was it . Just so he could take the headphones .

I’m getting it at a good price though . Anyone that picked up silver regret not getting space grey or vice versa ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

dast1g wrote: »
    Have the opportunity to buy space grey tomorrow but he took the headphones out . I use my beats X anyway so don’t mind .

Also have option to buy silver 64GB but it’s bill where as the grey is unlocked .

What’s putting me off is the grey one was opened but that was it . Just so he could take the headphones .

I’m getting it at a good price though . Anyone that picked up silver regret not getting space grey or vice versa ?

there was a few people saying issues with screens on the silver ones a few pages back..have a looksee

Blazer wrote: »
    there was a few people saying issues with screens on the silver ones a few pages back..have a looksee

Thank you . Space grey so . Don’t mind that it was opened . Just want what’s inside anyway :P

Also ,

Anywhere in town selling iPhone X cases in store?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Also ,

Anywhere in town selling iPhone X cases in store?

:D

iConnect or CompuB.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Why would they open a new iPhone x just for the headphones??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

See, straight away that would have my spidey senses tingling:confused:

whiterebel wrote: »
    See, straight away that would have my spidey senses tingling:confused:

Meaning just above retail not 6/700 or 15/1600 for that matter 😂 , should of stated that .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Status on mine has changed to “When the hell is going to get a move on???”

• Advertisement

Meaning just above retail not 6/700 or 15/1600 for that matter 😂 , should of stated that .

Unless it’s a mate, I’d still be wary.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Ordered one from Three yesterday. 10 days for delivery they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

No word from Vodafone yet on when they’ll have stock for their online store.. Joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Ordered the 256GB Silver about 8:08am on the 27th, and got 13-20 delivery.
    Just updated to Preparing for Dispatch.
    Woot.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

FaceID update.

Right, as people will have read earlier in the post i was having serious issues with FaceID barely working 50% of the time, gave it a few days to see if it "learned" me a bit more.

Gave in a reset FaceID and the issues are gone, now it unlocks EVERYTIME. Flawless now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Arrived in Shannon this morning, now out for delivery!! Fast turnaround, very impressed.

Delivered. Now, to get back from work :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Sixtoes wrote: »
    Ordered one from Three yesterday. 10 days for delivery they say.

Seems these are getting delivered quicker than promised - My wife had 20 days and its out for delivery after 6 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Nice hopefully in stock at Argos in the next few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Odd question, but if anyone is getting it delivered by UPS, what's the weight of the package?

Advertisement