Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Odd question, but if anyone is getting it delivered by UPS, what's the weight of the package?

The weight stamped on the box from UPS is .5kg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

soundsham wrote: »
    Nice hopefully in stock at Argos in the next few weeks

They have a habit of charging more than what Apple charge for things.

eeloe wrote: »
    FaceID update.

Right, as people will have read earlier in the post i was having serious issues with FaceID barely working 50% of the time, gave it a few days to see if it "learned" me a bit more.

Gave in a reset FaceID and the issues are gone, now it unlocks EVERYTIME. Flawless now.
    Face ID is brilliant, always unlocks before i even swipe once i look at it.:)

Seems these are getting delivered quicker than promised - My wife had 20 days and its out for delivery after 6 days.

Every iPhone i have ordered from Apple over the years always came before the estimated date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Micky 32 wrote: »
    The weight stamped on the box from UPS is .5kg

Cheers, I must be the only unlucky one in this thread that still stuck In Progress purgatory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

iCloud Keychain + Safari Autofill might be worth looking at again now that FaceID is here. I’d passed on it before but have a look at this video, I’ve enabled it now, it’s seriously impressive. Still love 1Password but this is just a great extra and it’s free and integrated throughout iOS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

Cheers, I must be the only unlucky one in this thread that still stuck In Progress purgatory.

I’m stuck there aswell. Ordered at 08:12 delivery window 14-21 no movement yet.

I’m stuck there aswell. Ordered at 08:12 delivery window 14-21 no movement yet.

good to know I'm not the only poor sod.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

I too am still waiting. Ordered at 08.11 or so and have delivery date of 15-22nd. No movement :(

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Ordered on 27th at 08:12 for delivery 13th to 20th Nov, still says processing item. Hurry up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

DubDJ wrote: »
    iCloud Keychain + Safari Autofill might be worth looking at again now that FaceID is here. I’d passed on it before but have a look at this video, I’ve enabled it now, it’s seriously impressive. Still love 1Password but this is just a great extra and it’s free and integrated throughout iOS.

Works a treat very handy to have.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

My card has been charged and moved to preparing for dispatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Works a treat very handy to have.

Pretty nice implementation indeed. It’s a shame iCloud Keychain is a bit limited compared to something like 1Password though. The later is much better to maintain your list of credentials.

My card has been charged and moved to preparing for dispatch.

oh :( I was 8:15 so hopefully I'll see movement soon if you were 8:12

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

oh :( I was 8:15 so hopefully I'll see movement soon if you were 8:12

Mine has just changed to "preparing to ship" - was at 8:13 so maybe this week then?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Bubonic

My order went through today, I had an estimate of 15th to 22nd. I ordered at 8:11

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

My order shipped with delivery tomorrow. Space grey 64gb with original dates of 13-20 Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Loomis wrote: »
    Ordered the 256GB Silver about 8:08am on the 27th, and got 13-20 delivery.
    Just updated to Preparing for Dispatch.
    Woot.

And now Dispatched. Says delivery by 9/11. :D
    It's with UPS. Hopefully don't have any of the issues some have reported on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

It's with UPS. Hopefully don't have any of the issues some have reported on the thread.

Make sure you don’t complain about it if you do. Could start a war.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

Has anyone seen any really good quality running armbands for this yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

How long was it before it changed to dispatched from preparing for dispatch?

Mine just changed to preparing for dispatch :D

My case arrived today. Jesus it's tiny!! Gonna be some adjustment coming from the plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

My case arrived today. Jesus it's tiny!! Gonna be some adjustment coming from the plus.

Yeah thought that when mine arrived. Screen is definitely thinner. It’ll be great in the hand I hope.

sean72 wrote: »
    Yeah thought that when mine arrived. Screen is definitely thinner. It’ll be great in the hand I hope.

Yeah. I got the apple leather saddle brown. It fits perfectly into my 7 Plus case with room to spare up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Once it was preparing to ship it then dispatched the same day and arrived the next day. Phone arrived this afternoon via ups. No hassle at all. The courier called me to make sure I was home.

I’m coming from the 7 and it’s definitely noticeably heavier and I also notice the thickness. It’s okay though. Not a show stopper for me. I am looking forward to Apple making its phones thinner again.

This screen is just bloody marvellous. Looking at the 7 screen now and the 7 looks so blue and washed out. True Tone, though can be overly aggressive at times in shifting the screen too far into yellow. If I turn off True Tone the screen is as blue as the 7.

Notch is a none event.

Got a thin black matte case. Mainly to hide the camera bump.

So far so good.

Have any people any dealing with Gadget insurance or mobilephoneinsurancedirect.ie. In the past i always got the apple care but this time im getting cover from either of the insurance companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Have any people any dealing with Gadget insurance or mobilephoneinsurancedirect.ie. In the past i always got the apple care but this time im getting cover from either of the insurance companies.

I went with mobilephoneinsurancedirect, in part due their comically long domain name, but also because they were the only ones to cover a 265GB X

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

What case did you get if you don't me asking? Has anyone used x-doria cases btw ?

og2k7 wrote: »
    What case did you get if you don't me asking? Has anyone used x-doria cases btw ?

Just the Apple leather one. In Saddle Brown. I love how it ages and gets darker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Three said they'll have dispatched by the end of the week!

Advertisement