Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Wireless charging is up and running, works with the Apple case on it
    :D

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Three said they'll have dispatched by the end of the week!

What’s your order status saying? I ordered last weekend as they said it would be delivered in 5 days, but got an email on Tuesday saying it’s out of stock and the status still says same. In theory I should have it tomorrow or Friday but not holding out much hope. Website still saying 5 days for new orders (64gb silver)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Danbo! wrote: »
    What’s your order status saying? I ordered last weekend as they said it would be delivered in 5 days, but got an email on Tuesday saying it’s out of stock and the status still says same. In theory I should have it tomorrow or Friday but not holding out much hope. Website still saying 5 days for new orders (64gb silver)

They said to me too, but I went on the live chat and called and they both said it'd be dispatched by Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

sean72 wrote: »
    How long was it before it changed to dispatched from preparing for dispatch?

Mine just changed to preparing for dispatch :D

Was about 5 or 6 hours I'd say.

Have an appointment in the morning for about an hour. Jaysus, hope I don't mss the delivery. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

How’s everyone’s screens with True Tone enabled? I just found mine way to yellow. Anyway instead of disabling it altogether, I had a look in display accommodations. Toggled colour filters to on and didn’t touch anything else. Really made a marked difference. Not as blue with True Tone off. Not as yellow with it on.

Also if your moving or deleting apps. Instead of pressing done in the upper right corner. Simply swipe up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

On the 8 I don’t notice True Tone until I turn it off, then I think everything is blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭numbernine

mad muffin wrote: »
    How’s everyone’s screens with True Tone enabled? I just found mine way to yellow. Anyway instead of disabling it altogether, I had a look in display accommodations. Toggled colour filters to on and didn’t touch anything else. Really made a marked difference. Not as blue with True Tone off. Not as yellow with it on.

Also if your moving or deleting apps. Instead of pressing done in the upper right corner. Simply swipe up.

I find mine v yellow!! Just got it today and only up and running in the last hour or so. Find it hard to get used to but turning the true tone off looks weird too!! Ahh

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭numbernine

I set my phone up from restore.. apps all transferred over but no photos?? Any ideas why?? I have icloud storage.. this never happened before?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

numbernine wrote: »
    I set my phone up from restore.. apps all transferred over but no photos?? Any ideas why?? I have icloud storage.. this never happened before?? Thanks
    You have to be plugged in and charging for iCloud photos to start syncing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

FourFourFM wrote: »
    soundsham wrote: »
    Nice hopefully in stock at Argos in the next few weeks

They have a habit of charging more than what Apple charge for things.

Same price usually
    Picked iPad Air there cheaper actually do to a mispricing preciously the sold them at older models price
    Not expecting that with iPhone x
    Have a lot of vouchers to burn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I find mine v yellow!! Just got it today and only up and running in the last hour or so. Find it hard to get used to but turning the true tone off looks weird too!! Ahh

Have you tried toggling on colour filters?

Mine restored buy they were kind of in limbo. There were there but not there. I couldn’t edit them and Live Photos from my 7 didn’t work. I rebooted the phone and then they appeared normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

Well my order has been preparing for dispatch since 5-6pm yesterday evening was hoping it would have dispatched overnight but hey ho ... hopefully today

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Well my order has been preparing for dispatch since 5-6pm yesterday evening was hoping it would have dispatched overnight but hey ho ... hopefully today

same here mate: hoping it might be delivered tomorrow

og2k7 wrote: »
    same here mate: hoping it might be delivered tomorrow

yeah for others it seems to have changed in 6 hours....fingers crossed if its not tomorrow ... Monday looms

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

mad muffin wrote: »

If only Steve Jobs was around to tell you that you were looking at it the wrong way......:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Mine arrived this morning. Originally due 13-20 Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Payment finally taken :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

I wonder if to buy now from Apple, how long 3-4 weeks would take?

Payment finally taken :eek:

Mine too! but still preparing to ship

Denisoftus wrote: »
    I wonder if to buy now from Apple, how long 3-4 weeks would take?

Well it seems to be taking 2 weeks ....ish for original orders but the timescales may be more accurate now

• Advertisement

Mine too! but still preparing to ship

Yeah mine has gone to preparing. Did you get your invoice? Seems to not be showing up for me yet.

Yeah mine has gone to preparing. Did you get your invoice? Seems to not be showing up for me yet.

Nope no invoice

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Mine is just gone to Preparing for Dispatch. I made my order around 8.20am on pre-order day.

Mine is just gone to Preparing for Dispatch. I made my order around 8.20am on pre-order day.

Looks like theres another big plane on the way.....although as we head into the afternoon I am getting less optimistic about delivery tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

64 is available on Vodafone now, definitely stock is coming back to The emerald island :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

The one I ordered about 8.10 on launch day has moved to preparing for dispatch. Presume that it will be Monday or Tuesday next week for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I don’t use True tone either too yellow but is fine with it off imo. I can safely say the X screen is nicer than my S8 screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

What was your original delivery quote ??

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

F34 wrote: »
    The one I ordered about 8.10 on launch day has moved to preparing for dispatch. Presume that it will be Monday or Tuesday next week for delivery.

Looks like a couple of us are in the same batch it seems - might be Monday, which will be a huge bummer

• Advertisement

UPS Express don't deliver on Saturday then, no?

Advertisement