Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

UPS Express don't deliver on Saturday then, no?

No deliveries on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Mine is just gone to Preparing for Dispatch. I made my order around 8.20am on pre-order day.

Just noticed mine is gone the same. Ordered the 128gb space grey at 08.14

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

I ordered mine a couple of days after preorder but I just walked into iConnect and bought one just there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Denisoftus wrote: »
    64 is available on Vodafone now, definitely stock is coming back to The emerald island :)

I was checking that today.

Vodafone (I'm a customer) is charging €600 for the phone and then €55 a month for 15G of data (with Spotify or SS Mobile).

Eir (I'm a broadband customer) are charging €650 for the phone, then €35 a month for 12 months (€55 a month for the final 12 months) with 30G of data (with Eir Sports and HayU).

Eir seems far more tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

brettmirl wrote: »
    Just noticed mine is gone the same. Ordered the 128gb space grey at 08.14

128GB???:eek::eek: where did you find it?

• Advertisement

I was checking that today.

Vodafone (I'm a customer) is charging €600 for the phone and then €55 a month for 15G of data (with Spotify or SS Mobile).

Eir (I'm a broadband customer) are charging €650 for the phone, then €35 a month for 12 months (€55 a month for the final 12 months) with 30G of data (with Eir Sports and HayU).

Eir seems far more tempting.

If you happy with Eir coverage, then yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

If you happy with Eir coverage, then yes.
    Not advised?
    Thought they had improved significantly. Based in Cork region.
    Saw their coverage for 3G and 4G which seems good, https://www.eir.ie/ourmobilenetwork/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Just got an email from Three, order dispatched, delivery tomorrow. 64gb silver, ordered on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

128GB???:eek::eek: where did you find it?

Directly from Apple the morning they went on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Apple.china?

There is no 128GB version.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

What was your original delivery quote ??

The delivery estimate is 13th - 20th November.

I suspect it will ship tomorrow and arrive next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Out for delivery with UPS since 7:30 this morning. Have a dental appointment at 4:30...not sure if want before or after to cheer me up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It's either 64gb or 256gb so you need to check the order.

No 128gb being made.

murpho999 wrote: »
    It's either 64gb or 256gb so you need to check the order.

No 128gb being made.

a special order? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Refurb2017

Other half was going to take the old 7 off me but now wants the X!
    Going to sell the 7, any of you sell a 7 what did you sell for? 128gb perfect condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

My card has been charged and moved to preparing for dispatch.

did yours arrive today?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Refurb2017 wrote: »
    Going to sell the 7, any of you sell a 7 what did you sell for? 128gb perfect condition.

https://www.apple.com/ie/iphone/trade-up/

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

All that are in the "preparing for dispatch" status: we wont be getting anything until Monday 100% - Looks that the delivery is being dealt with in batches per area within these time frames

nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

og2k7 wrote: »
    All that are in the "preparing for dispatch" status: we wont be getting anything until Monday 100% - Looks that the delivery is being dealt with in batches per area within these time frames

nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

Why take away all hope:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Ah lads.. I thought I was gonna be able to hold out until January for one.. but saw it as I walked past Three in Dundrum last night, practically fell over myself trying to get to it! :) Anyway, I had a quick play around with it and honestly I know January is not an option now.. It's beautiful. I got past the home button in about 30 seconds.. the gestures really work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I lasted exactly 24hrs with a case on it lol. Who wants to cover this glorious glass and stainless steel construction with a bit of plastic.:D

Besides. It’s so grippy being all polished and such.

mad muffin wrote: »
    I lasted exactly 24hrs with a case on it lol. Who wants to cover this glorious glass and stainless steel construction with a bit of plastic.:D

Besides. It’s so grippy being all polished and such.

I do, the back of it for sure, mine falls many times during lifetime generally on the back and case saves it all the time :)

I do, the back of it for sure, mine falls many times during lifetime generally on the back and case saves it all the time :)

I have to say. I’ve never dropped my iPhones. Never had them in a case. They lived neked as the day they were born.

The only one that gave any greed was the black iPhone 7. That was as one slippery bugger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I have to say. I’ve never dropped my iPhones. Never had them in a case. They lived neked as the day they were born.

The only one that gave any greed was the black iPhone 7. That was as one slippery bugger.

Same, no cases and never dropped one, until the 7+. Dropped from my pocket, saved by the earphones about 6inches from the ground, then the earphones gave way about 0.5secs later and bang, screen in smithereens. Expensive drop. Still going no case tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Yeah I generally never go with a case, but I had to get one for the 7+. Jet black was so slippery. Had a peel case at first and it was great. Minimal and barely there. Eventually got rid of it, because it had started to gape because it was so tiny. Had microscratches because dust and other stuff got in under the case

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Three have dispatched my phone! Doesn't say which courier they used though.

Does Vodafone send email when they dispatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I took mine out of the case to show to the lads in the office this morning. Almost immediately I nearly dropped it. Case went straight back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dast1g

Refurb2017 wrote: »

Sold mine yesterday . Factory unlocked . For 550€

• Advertisement

stimpson wrote: »
    I took mine out of the case to show to the lads in the office this morning. Almost immediately I nearly dropped it. Case went straight back on.

Lol :D

Another reason I can’t use a case on the X. It makes it just this side of too wide. Without the case it’s fine. And this was a slim case too.

24hrs later and my screen isn’t nearly as yellow as it was. I’ve turned off colour filters now.

Advertisement