Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Nearly have enough saved for my X!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Whats the best way to order, on the app or the apple.ie

I'm expecting that there will be a huge demand, not many seem to have bought the 8 based on the buzz on the launch.

I'm fearful that there could be a huge wait if your not in very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Best thing to do is have the app on your phone and website up on a laptop so you can have a backup just in case.

Looks like there’s going to be a lot of demand so I can see stock becoming limited very early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Is it cheaper to purchase from the UK site ??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    Is it cheaper to purchase from the UK site ??

Why not have a look?

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why not have a look?

I was hoping for ppl with experience from ordering there ...afterall it is the reason we are on the FORUM to communicate....

Lovely attitude u should be so proud

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I was hoping for ppl with experience from ordering there ...afterall it is the reason we are on the FORUM to communicate....

The question does come up a lot in fairness and there’s a few posts on the forum where people have done the sums.

Also since there’s an exchange rate - that’s variable on a daily basis - involved, whether it’s worth it or not may change on a daily basis

It's not an attitude but you are asking people to look stuff up for you.

To see if it's cheaper you'd have to go to the Apple UK website, check the price and then the exchange rate. Then go to Irish website and compare the price.

Asking people who have done it before is flawed because they have obviously done so as it would be cheaper and secondly the exchange rate may be completely different now.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I don't think it's cheaper any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

To answer the above, no. It works out as around €1,140 last time I checked and then adding in Parcel Motel fees (and extra insurance which is optional) it’s not really worth the savings you’d get. Probably €25 or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

am getting fed up waiting for the 27th...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

am getting fed up waiting for the 27th...

Imagine when you actually have to wait till next year because you didn’t manage to preorder it in the first two minutes. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

As a tip guys, order using the Apple Store App on your iOS device.

In the background this comes online faster than the mirror servers that cover ireland and North UK. It's only by around 1 minute, but that is going to be crucial for the pre order. Also in the App make sure you have your details saved, so when you reach checkout - you are straight through

I got this info from a inside source who works in this area and I'd trust his suggestion

Anyone who has Apple Pay set up is already ahead.

*shakes fist at BOI and Avant Card*

Ive made up my mind today... Im gona get it ...
    been thinking about it for ages and didnt want to go down the route of "bigger phone".
    Had my eye on the new SE coming out later on in the year but today the "penny dropped !!!" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

mad muffin wrote: »
    Imagine when you actually have to wait till next year because you didn’t manage to preorder it in the first two minutes. :p

Dont even go there...there will be trouble....:D
    flexcon wrote: »
    As a tip guys, order using the Apple Store App on your iOS device.

In the background this comes online faster than the mirror servers that cover ireland and North UK. It's only by around 1 minute, but that is going to be crucial for the pre order. Also in the App make sure you have your details saved, so when you reach checkout - you are straight through

I got this info from a inside source who works in this area and I'd trust his suggestion

Duly noted, App installed , info entered...digits flexed and ready

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Mr.S wrote: »
    Apple recommend this, it’s not a secret :D

That's true, although to be fair - It doesn't actually say this in such obvious stance. I'm sure it mentions it "somewhere" on the website though.

Anyone who has Apple Pay set up is already ahead.

*shakes fist at BOI and Avant Card*

Install the Boon App and add the money to that account. Then you can use Apple Pay.

No charge for first 12 months either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I will bet youtubers like ijustine and the likes won't have any problems pre ordering one 🀔

murpho999 wrote: »
    Install the Boon App and add the money to that account. Then you can use Apple Pay.

No charge for first 12 months either.

I was going to pay with my credit card. Unfortunately I can’t really transfer the money from there.

I’ll just have to pray that the iGods look favourably upon me that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

It’s going to be tough to get your hands on the X by the looks of it..

https://9to5mac.com/2017/10/12/iphone-x-production-problems/

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

I’ve decided it will be most economical to buy the phone from Apple and get a SIM free X from Apple.

ID mobile 6 months 1/2 price plans so that would be like €8 a month for my needs lol

I was going to pay with my credit card. Unfortunately I can’t really transfer the money from there.

I’ll just have to pray that the iGods look favourably upon me that day.

I think you can just top up with your credit card.

I don't think it goes through as cash, which I think you're trying to avoid but as a normal credit card transaction therefore avoiding any cash advance fees.

You really should check it.

Either way, I think the phone is going to be near impossible to get at launch so it most likely won't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I'm actually itching to get one but I'm on an Eir bill pay contract with no upgrade until June. Can't really afford to shell out 1k+ on it. Disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I'm actually itching to get one but I'm on an Eir bill pay contract with no upgrade until June. Can't really afford to shell out 1k+ on it. Disappointing.

Buying one might be a very good investment though. Due to the expected shortage, a friend of mine is gonna try buy one, and throw it up on eBay with a couple of hundred added. Reckons even at €1500 he’ll get a buyer.

I want your X!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Buying one might be a very good investment though. Due to the expected shortage, a friend of mine is gonna try buy one, and throw it up on eBay with a couple of hundred added. Reckons even at €1500 he’ll get a buyer.

I want one to use! I'd need to buy what 13 of them to flip to afford one to use lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I want one to use! I'd need to buy what 13 of them to flip to afford one to use lol

lol!

I think he’s happy to keep it if he doesn’t get a buyer. But I doubt he’ll be alone; potential short supply and expected high demand, could make it very profitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Just ordered a Otterbox commuter off Amazon , lets hope i'll get a phone to stick it in lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

christ..applecare+ is €299 for the iphone x..that's a €200 increase..they must be expecting a lot of broken phones,

Advertisement