Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

My DHL tracking still isn't working. Going to live chat to apple about it at 9 am.

Mine isn’t either. I knew it could take a while but thought something should happen overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

sean72 wrote: »
    Mine isn’t either. I knew it could take a while but thought something should happen overnight.

I read that they sometimes don't go live until they're picked up by DHL. I hope that they've left the Apple warehouse by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

My DHL tracking still isn't working. Going to live chat to apple about it at 9 am.

Same here, have tracking number but still says not found

I read that they sometimes don't go live until they're picked up by DHL. I hope that they've left the Apple warehouse by now!

I’ve had this happen with Apple before but I can’t remember the outcome. I know it picked up rapid speed I the end but I’m sure it wasn’t as long as this before it got picked up.

I’ve had this happen with Apple before but I can’t remember the outcome. I know it picked up rapid speed I the end but I’m sure it wasn’t as long as this before it got picked up.

If they haven't been picked up yet then they won't be delivered today. So annoying that their chat doesn't open until 9, might be too late to do anything at that stage.

Fingers crossed they're on their way, and DHL tracking is down or something. Perhaps we got the wrong numbers? IDK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

They do say that it might take up to 24 hrs to update the DHL site but what if the time between pick up and delivery is less than that :confused:

I really hope it will be tho for all us waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Even though the DHL website isn't updated, I just got a text message from them saying it's scheduled for delivery today! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rgbm1

Wahoo! got a text and the Dhl website has updated, eta end of today! :)

brettmirl wrote: »
    Even though the DHL website isn't updated, I just got a text message from them saying it's scheduled for delivery today! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When was yours dispatched?

When was yours dispatched?

Looks like we are all in the same batch: just got the text and the DHL site got updated:

Shipment information received EAST MIDLANDS - UK 09:03 - since its 8:16, I'd say this PM yesterday

• Advertisement

My delivery has been bumped to Monday.

og2k7 wrote: »
    Looks like we are all in the same batch: just got the text and the DHL site got updated:

Shipment information received EAST MIDLANDS - UK 09:03 - since its 8:16, I'd say this PM yesterday

Mine says the same thing.

Mine is saying the same but no delivery text .... I seriously need the upgrade this thing is on the blink

Mine is saying the same but no delivery text .... I seriously need the upgrade this thing is on the blink

What does it say in your estimated delivery section? Mine moved to Monday. Hoping the order gets to Shannon soon so that I might get it today. I’m in Galway so not too out of the way.

Haha

I got a second text 5 mins ago saying delivery Today - previous Message (from an hour ago) had a date 10/11) so looks like theres progress

The website has been updated to "With delivery courier" - they must be in cahoots with Elon Musk, theres no way this could move that fast :eek:

What does it say in your estimated delivery section? Mine moved to Monday. Hoping the order gets to Shannon soon so that I might get it today. I’m in Galway so not too out of the way.

Mine is still saying today but I live in the back end of nowhere so I'd say this could change. I seem to be 30-60min behind the updates everyone else is getting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Sold out already, didn't take long.
    My wife wanted to get a new phone for her mom (Nokia 3310 - she doesn't want a smartphone), so yesterday we went into Vodafone and a guy into there had just got the X.
    Peering over his shoulder as he played with it. Wife said "oh, just get it"!

They had a few physically left in stock, so got it there and then (saves me €15 a month on Spotify Premium that I was paying, so stuck with Vodafone rather than going to Eir).

First off, the home button, it's like it never existed. And that really surprises me, as I thought it's be a loss. But a after just a few mins, it's just as natural (if not even more so) to just swipe up to return home. The new interface, losing the home button, is just easy and becomes second nature very quickly.

The notch is still noticeable for me, but not that much, and I can see how others wouldn't even think about it. Obviously a number of apps need to be modified to benefit from the extra real estate, but the screen size increase is really nice.

The performance is a nice step up from the 6s. Very speedy. The screen is beautiful, pics are great, and battery life extension (compared to the 6s) is very useful for me. Also, the increased volume from the speakers is a nice bonus.

Just got to get a case now. Thinking the Nomad folio case as it would eliminate the need to carry a wallet as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Nightline will have delivered mine by the end of the day apparently.

Haha

I got a second text 5 mins ago saying delivery Today - previous Message (from an hour ago) had a date 10/11) so looks like theres progress

The website has been updated to "With delivery courier" - they must be in cahoots with Elon Musk, theres no way this could move that fast :eek:

What area of the country are you in? I am remote so thinking mine could change to Monday

What area of the country are you in? I am remote so thinking mine could change to Monday

Dublin and quite close to CC so that might be easier to deliver on time

Now hoping granny wont be out picking up kids from school when they try to deliver

• Advertisement

Friday, November 10, 2017 at 09:03
    Origin Service Area:
    EAST MIDLANDS - HINCKLEY - UK
    Destination Service Area:
    SHANNON - GALWAY - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF
    Estimated Delivery:
    Monday, November 13, 2017
    By End of Day
    1 Piece
    :(

Origin Service Area:
    Estimated Delivery:
    By End of Day
    1 Piece

Ah crap - looks like the hub is in Dublin and then they break the batches into regions

Dublin and quite close to CC so that might be easier to deliver on time

Now hoping granny wont be out picking up kids from school when they try to deliver
    Origin Service Area:
    Estimated Delivery:
    By End of Day
    1 Piece

Still no update on if its in the van and still saying today.....I know from past deliveries if its not in a van by 8am its not getting here that day....but while theres hope:cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

So aside from the grey bars on safari which seem to happen under certain conditions I do have 2 other issues with the phone although these aren’t serious.

Faceid
    Faceid works seamlessly so far but it does revert to password mode after a period of activity. It looks like it could be 4 hours.

The notch
    The notch is generally speaking no big deal until it comes to watching videos. YouTube has a zoom option which goes full screen. The default zoom ratio gives a display size about the same as a standard 6/7. There is an aspect ratio they’ve missed a trick on that would have worked well that’s just at the edge of the notch. Netflix seems the same. Perhaps future updates will address this. Either way it feels so far the screen isn’t being as fully utilised as it should be

On van!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It's here :D

It's here :D

Congrats! I just rung DHL they have my eircode ? delivery by 4 today

Congrats! I just rung DHL they have my eircode ? delivery by 4 today

Nice one, did you get a case? Mine has been sitting on the desk since Monday

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075358GB9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

Got my x in the post today. However when I tried to switch it on there was 0 battery. Had to charge for 5 mins to power on. All my other iphones had at least 50% battery new. Is this normal or a sign of a bad battery?

• Advertisement

Nice one, did you get a case? Mine has been sitting on the desk since Monday

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075358GB9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah I have a case and screen protector for a week or more .... I have also ordered a wallet case for the first time ever.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07425RS66/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076HWLX7F/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Advertisement