Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

sean72 wrote: »
    On van!

Congrats! Hope I get mine early on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Congrats! Hope I get mine early on Monday.

Same here. Now the question, do I take a sneaky day off to play with it!

I'm off but on Monday but not because I'm getting the phone. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

good luck for Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

There’s normally battery life in the iPhone when it arrives, but I wouldn’t worry too much. Could be just random, and your phone might be fine. It might of accidentally powered on when packaging it and went dead on the journey.

Talking about FaceID, I have the same thing where sometimes it prompts me for the password quicker than I’d like. Cancel usually brings me back to FaceID but it still seems a bit quick. I don’t think you need the passcode after 4 hours either, as overnight it’s left for closer to double that and I can unlock with FaceID again. I do randomly have to enter a passcode too, but I think it could be after 3 days or so of purely using FaceID. They might ask for it to make sure it’s actually you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Ooh its pretty. Also won't be taking it outside till my case arrives.

Haha, I have 3 extra days I've to use by the end of the year, but have all the days I needed to take off allocated already, so 3 to play around with. Is your phone still preparing to dispatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Automatic iCloud backup doesn’t work if your charging the phone on a wireless charger. Is that right?!

Haha, I have 3 extra days I've to use by the end of the year, but have all the days I needed to take off allocated already, so 3 to play around with. Is your phone still preparing to dispatch?

Nope, it dispatched yesterday and I was told I would get it today. When DHL tracking went live my delivery estimate had been pushed back to Monday.

Nope, it dispatched yesterday and I was told I would get it today. When DHL tracking went live my delivery estimate had been pushed back to Monday.

Ah god that's even worse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Loomis wrote: »
    Out for delivery with UPS since 7:30 this morning. Have a dental appointment at 4:30...not sure if want before or after to cheer me up :p

Arrived while I was having a root canal done...so it was nice to return home to...you know, along with the wife and child. :p
    (so arrived on 9th, with original dates of 13-20th. Pretty good from Apple tbf)

Setup was going well - the 'transfer settings from another iPhone' looked like a great feature until it failed. When I re-initiated it from the X, it no longer generated an image for the older phone's camera to pick up, so you're just left with tapping the option to do it manually. Bit weird tbh.

Didn't play with it that much last night really, left it sitting plugged in to download all my photos. Will see what it's like today after work.
    When FaceID works, it's great. But it is failing quite a lot tbh. Is there anything I can do to sort it; reset? Anything I should try during new setup to get it reading a bit better?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

mad muffin wrote: »
    Automatic iCloud backup doesn’t work if your charging the phone on a wireless charger. Is that right?!

I have no idea and would like to know if it is the case ... but this would be a *very* strange decision from Apple.

Clearly many people are going to turn to wireless charging as their primary way to charge their phone overnight (like someone in this thread who go a charger built in an Ikea bedside table). If wireless charging didn’t trigger a backup these poeple’d phones would rarely be backed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

DubDJ wrote: »
    There’s normally battery life in the iPhone when it arrives, but I wouldn’t worry too much. Could be just random, and your phone might be fine. It might of accidentally powered on when packaging it and went dead

Phone is also taking forever charge nearly two hours for 0-35%

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

nails1 wrote: »

When Apple releases their charger it will charge in minutes and will be priced only at 199 :cool:

That backup limitation (if true) could be also be resolved with the ^^

My phone just delivered! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

og2k7 wrote: »
    When Apple releases their charger it will charge in minutes and will be priced only at 199 :cool:

That backup limitation (if true) could be also be resolved with the ^^

Is this the wireless charger or a different device?

Is this the wireless charger or a different device?

Standalone device that can charge all apple devices - not sure if there is a final design but supposed to look like the one below±

apple_iphone_2017_20170912_12051.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Ordered yesterday on Vodafone, received today 11AM, pretty damn good Vodafone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Do you have an ipad charger? Charges quite fast on one :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Anyone seen any of the official Apple Silcone Cases in Dublin? Looking to pick one up today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Rew wrote: »

Just saw that. No big deal as long as it is a fairly isolated issue (Apple will just replace them).

If it becomes widespread they are in big trouble, but while it’s too early to make any call I would be surprised.

For those that had deliveries through DHL, what time did it reach the DHL Express depot?

Mine got just delivered, hopefully wont have any green lines and such

@Somedaythefire doesnt actually show on mine, all i have is:

Friday, November 10, 2017 Location Time Piece
    3 Delivered - Signed for by : DUBLIN 14:39
    1 Piece
    2 With delivery courier DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 08:30
    1 Piece
    1 Shipment picked up EAST MIDLANDS - UK 09:03

og2k7 wrote: »
    Mine got just delivered, hopefully wont have any green lines and such

@Somedaythefire doesnt actually show on mine, all i have is:

Friday, November 10, 2017 Location Time Piece
    3 Delivered - Signed for by : DUBLIN 14:39
    1 Piece
    2 With delivery courier DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 08:30
    1 Piece
    1 Shipment picked up EAST MIDLANDS - UK 09:03

Ah shame, thanks. Mine was just dispatched. DHL don't do Saturday deliveries but their depot opens in the morning and you can collect from there. Was just wondering if it would get in, in time to pop over tomorrow morning while I have some free time. I'm away from Monday evening after work so won't have it until Wednesday at the earliest even with a Monday delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

Mine just went to Dispatched. Looking forward to getting it on Monday. Space Grey, 256Gb

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

squonk wrote: »
    Mine just went to Dispatched. Looking forward to getting it on Monday. Space Grey, 256Gb

Likewise, just got my dispatch notification. Ordered around 8.20am on pre-order day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Comparison between the X and the 7+ and Samsung S8+ for the same video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

One of mine dispatched with DHL they are saying delivery by the 15th but reckon it could be a bit earlier.

• Advertisement

F34 wrote: »
    One of mine dispatched with DHL they are saying delivery by the 15th but reckon it could be a bit earlier.

you have more than one? :eek:

Advertisement