Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

og2k7 wrote: »
    you have more than one? :eek:

Lol no I was just the one charged with making the orders. 1 64 and 1 256 both silver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Chose my work address for delivery so I wouldn't miss it, estimated delivery 6pm, I'll be long gone by then :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

Danbo! wrote: »
    Chose my work address for delivery so I wouldn't miss it, estimated delivery 6pm, I'll be long gone by then :(

I hope it doesn't end up in the wrong hands :eek:

I hope it doesn't end up in the wrong hands :eek:

Ah no that’ll be fine it’s more that it won’t end up in my hands til Monday now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Eir offering 64gb X for €650 for existing customers €25/m for 12 m then €45for next 12m
    Not bad unlimited mins text & 15gb
    Giving the sports channels also I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I’ve been charging my iPhone X exclusively via wireless charging (ikea charger) and I just checked the iCloud backups and the last one was overnight while the phone was charging. So it definitely does do iCloud backups while charging. My iCloud Photo Library is syncing and up to date too. So it all will sync while charging wirelessly. The ikea is only 5w too so lowered powered and again it’s fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

How do you pull the control centre up?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

How do you pull the control centre up?

Pull down from the top right

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

So writing this from the X, a couple of things:

- pulling the settings from previous iphone takes much much less time than last year
    - notch is a non issue - dont even notice it
    - lack of the home button is like it never existed
    - display is loooong
    - face id works like a charm : über smooth

Will definitely get used to it but could have been a tad bigger - coming from 7+ and theres a difference. Not a massive jump really especially when ios11 has been used before. Not saying i am disappointed or anything but its not the second coming

Gestures work really nice and smooth. Now waiting for 28k photos to copy over to photos app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

soundsham wrote: »
    Eir offering 64gb X for €650 for existing customers €25/m for 12 m then €45for next 12m
    Not bad unlimited mins text & 15gb
    Giving the sports channels also I think

Existing Home Phone & Broadband customers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Anyone getting anything from three. Their customer service is shocking. Mine says dispatched but cs says 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

adam88 wrote: »
    Anyone getting anything from three. Their customer service is shocking. Mine says dispatched but cs says 7 days

Got mine this morning from Three.

I love it, but I'm coming from a standard size 7. Screen is gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Got mine this morning from Three.

I love it, but I'm coming from a standard size 7. Screen is gorgeous.

I’m coming from a 7 Plus- and I love it!!!

adam88 wrote: »

Mine was dispatched yesterday around lunchtime. It went with the afternoon batch of deliveries and was delivered at 6.15pm this evening. When did yours change to dispatched? It should be delivered the following working day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Would there be appetite to split the thread so delivery folks could talk deliveries there and X users could talk the phone elsewhere? Feels like some of the user questions are getting lost in the delivery talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

makes a lot of sense ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Ah annoying. I was going to pop over to the DHL facility to pick up my phone today rather than wait. Just rang and they said the facility is closed today altogether. The one Saturday they close!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Loving the phone and find a lot of apps have already been updated to use the taller screen. However Ulsterbank app does not work at all yet, presumably needs an update to use faceid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

faceman wrote: »
    Would there be appetite to split the thread so delivery folks could talk deliveries there and X users could talk the phone elsewhere? Feels like some of the user questions are getting lost in the delivery talk.
    Fantastic idea
    Asked for this a week ago too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Armonline wrote: »
    Loving the phone and find a lot of apps have already been updated to use the taller screen. However Ulsterbank app does not work at all yet, presumably needs an update to use faceid.

It does work, mine didn’t work at first but when i uninstalled and re installed it worked a treat and with faceid ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Micky 32 wrote: »
    It does work, mine didn’t work at first but when i uninstalled and re installed it worked a treat and with faceid ;-)

Great worked for me, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Armonline wrote: »
    Great worked for me, thanks

Cool! Only fault the app needs to be updated for full screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong spot but has anyone bought simfree x (or other iphone) from carphonewarehouse in the uk? There customer service are saying there only unlocked to UK networks, anyone know if this is true or if it will work ok with an Irish SIM being the first used in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Has anyone found any good screen protectors in the shops anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

As feared like the iPhone 6 and 7 before it. I already have little bits of crap stuck between the screen and the stainless steel bezel.

Oh. So that’s force touch. Thought the camera and flashlight buttons on my lock screen were broken!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

mad muffin wrote: »
    As feared like the iPhone 6 and 7 before it. I already have little bits of crap stuck between the screen and the stainless steel bezel.

What case are you using ? I’m using the Apple leather one don’t notice any bits accumulating yet.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

5500 wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong spot but has anyone bought simfree x (or other iphone) from carphonewarehouse in the uk? There customer service are saying there only unlocked to UK networks, anyone know if this is true or if it will work ok with an Irish SIM being the first used in it?

I had that issue with galaxy s3 ages ago so this is entirely possible. Had to upload a different system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Elessar wrote: »
    Has anyone found any good screen protectors in the shops anywhere?

I’m using these..

http://www.techarmor.com/tech-armor-apple-iphone-x-premium-ballistic-glass-screen-protector-2-pack-world-s-clearest-screen-protector-retail-packaging.html

You can get from amazon.co.uk find them very good.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Marty Bird wrote: »
    What case are you using ? I’m using the Apple leather one don’t notice any bits accumulating yet.

I’m using it neked. Just like I did with the 7 before it, and the 6 before that.

Advertisement