Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 8 + 8 Plus - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Saw that earlier today as well.
    Not surprised by it. Most people willing to spend the money on an 8 was likely to wait for the X.

I am surprised to see the 7 out selling the 8; but maybe we are getting to a new sales era with smartphones, where people will not update the typical 2yr cycle.

The sales of the X will be very interesting.

More like Apple have saturated their market the past few years with good but also similar phones that they are struggling to iterate on well enough to make people consider upgrading to the very latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lasai

kceire wrote: »
    Why wait for arnotts?
    Why not buy from Apple direct and have it within 2 days?
    fifi28 wrote: »
    Definitely recommend purchasing directly from Apple

Got One4All vouchers worth €870 from work. Apple does not accept them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Lasai wrote: »

Ah! Id say keep an eye on the likes of harvey norman, argos etc aswell as they do accept the one4all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

For anyone that ordered online will eir.ie bill pay. Do I use credit card to pay for the device or do they use my current bank details thats used for my phone bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Lasai wrote: »

Carphone Warehouse accept them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

String wrote: »
    For anyone that ordered online will eir.ie bill pay. Do I use credit card to pay for the device or do they use my current bank details thats used for my phone bill?

I’ve always used my card for upgrades or ordering online.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Used my card for online order of phone, no phone and eir don't have record of it. But payment taken rang to sort it still no joy, think i may just cancel all still in 14 days notice period to cancel i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭123scal

Hi

Has anyone got the iPhone 8 Plus? How do you find it and what is the space grey color like? Does it scratch easily ? or show finger prints easily ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Anyone having issues with auto lock not working?
    I found a fix on an apple forum.

1. Turn off passcode at Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Turn Passcode Off.

2. Restart your device.

3. Turn on passcode at Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Turn Passcode On. (Do not delete your saved finger prints.)

Seems to be working fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

kbell wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with auto lock not working?
    I found a fix on an apple forum.

1. Turn off passcode at Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Turn Passcode Off.

2. Restart your device.

3. Turn on passcode at Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Turn Passcode On. (Do not delete your saved finger prints.)

Seems to be working fine now.

Yeh, I noticed this last week. When I was checking but not unlocking my phone. The screen stayed on.

Is this what you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

123scal wrote: »
    Hi

Has anyone got the iPhone 8 Plus? How do you find it and what is the space grey color like? Does it scratch easily ? or show finger prints easily ?
    Thanks

I love mine, first time with the bigger size and I couldn't go back now. I have a 5 for work and it's TINY in my hands now.

I have a case on my phone though so I can't comment on the scratches/ fingerprints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Yeh, I noticed this last week. When I was checking but not unlocking my phone. The screen stayed on.

Is this what you mean?

Yup I had this issue too as well as the auto lock not keep kicking in when phone is left idle.

Ordered a Spigen case and screen protector only had it on a day and I dropped it, no damaged to the phone thanks god. Any one recommend a wireless charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

case for 7 plus will not fit an 8 plus correctly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

I believe the case I have is for a 7plus and it fits my 8plus perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It will fit, phone dimensions are exact the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Ordered a Spigen case and screen protector only had it on a day and I dropped it, no damaged to the phone thanks god. Any one recommend a wireless charger?

Where did you get it ? I like the look of the one with the hidden wallet.

Fits just fine. The case for mine is a 7 Plus one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

murpho999 wrote: »
    It will fit, phone dimensions are exact the same.

Technically not true. The 8 is 0.2 mm wider, longer and thicker. Most cases should still fit, but very rigid ones might be a bit tight.

From Amazon had to use Parcel Motel as they don’t deliver to Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

I have three 7+ apple cases. 2 leather and 1 silicone.
    1 leather and 1 silicon fits perfectly on 8 plus but black leather case is bit tight around ringer switch so can’t mute. Which is strange as it is perfect on 7+.

So yeah 7 plus case should fit fine in most cases , only issue might be on some around ringer switch etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I got one on ebay, it has the clear back, I've used otterboxes for the last 6 years, but I found them bilky and the rubber has always broken, so hopefully this one will last.

I can’t seem to find a plain thin hard case with a lip on the front and back to cover the camera and screen when facing down. You would imagine it’s easy to find. But nope.

Has any one got recommendations? It’s for an the 8 plus. I’m currently using This Torras no lip on the screen though. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074FTFK34/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_s9SbAbT5GVQQR

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Carnmore

I've ordered a silver iPhone 8 from Apple UK, delivery via AddressPal, but am having second thoughts about the size and colour.

I've only had an iPhone 5 and although it does seem small I was reluctant to go for the 8 plus thinking it'd be too big.

Which is the best size and colour for the 8 and would there be any issue returning the unopened / unused 8 to Apple?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Keep the 8, it's a very decent upgrade from the 5. It will take you 2-3 days to get used to the new size.

Carnmore wrote: »
    I've ordered a silver iPhone 8 from Apple UK, delivery via AddressPal, but am having second thoughts about the size and colour.

I've only had an iPhone 5 and although it does seem small I was reluctant to go for the 8 plus thinking it'd be too big.

Which is the best size and colour for the 8 and would there be any issue returning the unopened / unused 8 to Apple?

The plus does look weird. But you get used to it very quickly. Can’t imagine going smaller now. Main concern for me was fitting in pockets. Skinny jeans sitting down are the only problem 😜

Apple will take it back no problem. I once sent an iPad back. Only problem was. Box was empty when it got there. Obviously the delivers company issue. Still no way to prove it was not me. Still felt poxy when I got that call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Is it possible to remove the page with the widgets on it? Its annoying if I accidentally swipe to it

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Has anyone experience with dash mounted wireless chargers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Is it possible to remove the page with the widgets on it? Its annoying if I accidentally swipe to it

No you can remove all the widgets but you will be left with the search bar.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thinking of upgrading from a iPhone6 to an 8 Plus.

It'll be my first time getting a plus, I imagine there's no obvious issues with them?

Advertisement