Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 8 + 8 Plus - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I’ve been using that case. A small bit of dust can get it in there but they’re really good cases. A quick clean of the back and don’t touch the inside of the case and it’s fine though. Doesn’t add much bulk and really solid.
    gustavo, there is a lip for screen protection? Does it hinder the control Centre access (slide up from bottom) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

dodzy wrote: »
    gustavo, there is a lip for screen protection? Does it hinder the control Centre access (slide up from bottom) ?

There is a lip for lying it face down but it doesn’t hinder use at all. I have an Orzly screen protector on mine and don’t have any issues with the case catching it in use or putting it on/taking it off either.

Cheers lad, I'm loving this phone by the way. The camera is very impressive.

dodzy wrote: »
    Cheers lad, I'm loving this phone by the way. The camera is very impressive.
    I don't know if it's just my 8 Plus but I find it quite grainy in low light, more so than the Galaxy S7.

Seeing this from time to time: when I receive a text message, and I enter the app, there is no reply window on the bottom, just a blank section on the screen where the “reply” text box normally lives. Have seen it a few times and force closing the app and reopening is the only way to fix the issue. Currently on 11.2 but upgrading to 11.2.1 as I type. Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Any recommendations for wireless charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Get one on Amazon for 15-20 euro.

Search Qi charger.

Get one on Amazon for 15-20 euro.

Search Qi charger.

Thanks but looking for something more pacific

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Is it possible to walk into an Apple store and ask for a battery replacement after 2 or 3 years? Curious given the recent news

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Darren 83 wrote: »

2z6sgo9.jpg

I think I found specifically what you’re looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

You'll have to be more specific about what you're looking for.

They're all pretty much the same, with different ways of propping up / laying down the phone.

You'll have to be more specific about what you're looking for.

They're all pretty much the same, with different ways of propping up / laying down the phone.

I’d prefer it standing up, Is there any difference with 5w and 7.5w. Would also like the plug included.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Carnmore

I’d prefer it standing up

Should this not be for the After Hours forum?

I’ve this and it works well. Comes with USB lead only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I've been using my 8 for a week now and am delighted with it. There is a massive step up in speed compared to my 6
    BDJW wrote: »
    Thanks for your help lads. Think I'm going to go with a Fuleadture case. Just need to decide between black or blue!

However, I'm not a fan of the above. It's an absolute dust magnet, and it even attracts so much dust that around the outside of the screen bezel is covered in dust when I take it out of my pocket, which is a pain seeing as it's a black iPhone so it's very noticeable. As the case is silicone, it's also a pain to slide in and out of my pocket. I should have really thought about that prior to buying though!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Question. Does anyone else's 8 plus freeze when you double tap the home button and switch back and for through apps. Mine does it and seems to happen more frequently lately.
    Also I notice I seem to get notifications in bunches. Like I will get a couple Whatsapp messages and a Facebook notification and a text all at once like my internet has dropped and then suddenly reconnects. This happens over both wifi and mobile data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

14murphy wrote: »
    Also I notice I seem to get notifications in bunches. Like I will get a couple Whatsapp messages and a Facebook notification and a text all at once like my internet has dropped and then suddenly reconnects. This happens over both wifi and mobile data.
    I have exactly the same problem with my 8 plus, it seems to mainly affect whatsapp, viber and facebook messenger. If i look at the timestamp of the time the message was sent to me, it will usually show it was sent 4-5 mins ago and my phone only recognises it now, as if its just reconnected to wifi or data again.
    I will also get multiple notifications at once from different apps, again as if i've just reconnected to data or wifi

Simply Red wrote: »
    I have exactly the same problem with my 8 plus, it seems to mainly affect whatsapp, viber and facebook messenger. If i look at the timestamp of the time the message was sent to me, it will usually show it was sent 4-5 mins ago and my phone only recognises it now, as if its just reconnected to wifi or data again.
    I will also get multiple notifications at once from different apps, again as if i've just reconnected to data or wifi

Exactly!!
    Sometimes I feel if I pick the phone up and the accelerometer kicks in and the phone "wakes" I'll get a couple notifications as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Same here. The other night I was chatting back and forth with FB messenger open and about an hour later I got all the message alerts from that chat!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Any recommendations for wireless charger?

I got a Trust one from Power City - €15. Think it's only 5w but using an iPad charger it charges quick enough on my 8 plus.

• Advertisement

Same here. The other night I was chatting back and forth with FB messenger open and about an hour later I got all the message alerts from that chat!

Surely it’s ios problem.

Simon201 wrote: »
    I got a Trust one from Power City - €15. Think it's only 5w but using an iPad charger it charges quick enough on my 8 plus.

Cheers, Will pick up one tomorrow thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I’ve been using my 8 Plus for about 2 weeks.

Sometimes it doesn’t wake when I pick it up

I can’t make up my mind whether to keep it or whether to sell it and just make do with an 8. (I had upgraded from a 6)

I’m getting about 2 days out of the battery. I’m not a heavy user really

But I used to get a day out of my 6 and I was fine with that

Also I have an Otterbox case that has a plastic screen protector incorporated into the case and I prefer the feel of the actual screen, as I had with the 6...

Decisions, decisions!!

Gekko wrote: »
    I’ve been using my 8 Plus for about 2 weeks.

Sometimes it doesn’t wake when I pick it up

I can’t make up my mind whether to keep it or whether to sell it and just make do with an 8. (I had upgraded from a 6)

I’m getting about 2 days out of the battery. I’m not a heavy user really

But I used to get a day out of my 6 and I was fine with that

Also I have an Otterbox case that has a plastic screen protector incorporated into the case and I prefer the feel of the actual screen, as I had with the 6...

Decisions, decisions!!

You'll still fetch good money 2nd hand for it.

Having issues after the latest update, when unlocking my phone it seems the wifi is turned off for a few seconds. Its really annoying. Especially when it locks after a few seconds of using an app, and then when I unlock it I get a pop up about wifi.

Anyone else getting this sh1te?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Looking at upgrading from an iphone 7 to and iphone 8 plus is it worth it ?

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Not IMO but others will tell you different.

IMO these days an upgrade only becomes worth it every other year. The differences in a single year are too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Not really I haven’t noticed many differences from both phones. Upgrading to a IPhone X is a different story though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Going to the plus will make the biggest difference for you.

• Advertisement

Going to the plus will make the biggest difference for you.

x2

The battery life, telephoto lens for zooming in and portrait mode are the benefits (after processor obv).

Advertisement