Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on a build

Options

Comments

You'll have to allow for the additional cost of the missing parts
    To complete this bike you'll need a saddle, seat post and seat clamp. You'll need tyres and tubes. You'll need to add a set of pedals along with a handlebar, headset, stem and bar tape. You'll also need a bottom bracket cable guide, two downtube barrel adjusters and a set of gear cable outers and a set of front and rear brake cable inners and outers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

You'll have to allow for the additional cost of the missing parts

Also, for a first time builder you'll need some tools, be reasonably mechanically competent and have plenty of patience. Worth doing if you enjoy that kind of thing (as i do!) but not from a point of view of saving money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

smacl wrote: »
    Also, for a first time builder you'll need some tools, be reasonably mechanically competent and have plenty of patience. Worth doing if you enjoy that kind of thing (as i do!) but not from a point of view of saving money.

I saw the missing parts after posting. They really suck up the difference.

Whats peoples opinions on the built version of the bike?

I have a Raleigh Revinio 8 speed at the moment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The 20% discount is on the full bike, not the frame. The build would be more ta present

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I saw the missing parts after posting. They really suck up the difference.

Whats peoples opinions on the built version of the bike?

I have a Raleigh Revinio 8 speed at the moment.

It's getting a lot of love on another thread as with the discount, and if you can pay in sterling it comes in around €500. It really belongs in the BA thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Weepsie wrote: »
    It's getting a lot of love on another thread as with the discount, and if you can pay in sterling it comes in around €500. It really belongs in the BA thread.

Thanks.. another question. whats the sizing like. I'm 5'8 with a 30" inside leg.

I had a 54cm on the raleigh. I assume I'd need a 53cm on this one.:confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Thanks.. another question. whats the sizing like. I'm 5'8 with a 30" inside leg.

I had a 54cm on the raleigh. I assume I'd need a 53cm on this one.:confused:

Looks like, from sizing guide on the same page;

Rider Height Frame Size
    5' 3'' to 5' 5'' XS (48)
    5' 4'' to 5' 6'' S (49)
    5' 5'' to 5' 7'' M (51)
    5' 7'' to 5' 10'' L (53)
    5' 10'' to 6' 2'' XL (55)

Advertisement