Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Route Announcements 2018

Options
  • 13-09-2017 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

SNN-REU twice weekly from the 27th of March with Ryanair. Tuesdays and Saturdays.

SNN-YYZ 4 times a week 737MAX Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays with Air Canada. Will run from June to October.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sadly I think this is about all we'll get this year!

Reus is simply replacing Berlin, however may get better numbers. Could affect falcon's Reus service.

Toronto is a great service to get, great to see continuing growth on TATL routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Disappointing news regarding Deltas ops from Shannon. They will slash capacity by 43% next summer(-20,000 seats). Boeing 757 all summer. No more commercial WB flights from shannon (Not incl KU and TK)

43% is extremely drastic and excessive, I don't know the exact seat number difference between a 757 and a 767 but it's certainly not a 43% drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭john boye

Certainly not 43%, There's only about 30-40 (depending on the layout) or so more seats on the 767.

Wasn't the route always 757 until this summer? In any case, DL are withdrawing their non-ER domestic 767s before year's end and they're being replaced by ERs so I guess they have to come from somewhere.

Past 2 years.

• Advertisement

Apologies. Had calculated the wrong 767 config. Drop of 26%. 170 on the 757 and 230 on the 767

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭john boye

Oh, I assumed they used the 208 seat config on it.

United cut Chicago next year.

Really bad news for the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

JCX BXC wrote: »
    United cut Chicago next year.

Really bad news for the airport.

Not good that’s for sure. Hopefully they will get someone to replace United but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Lets lighten up the evening a bit. Please please vote for Shannon airport..Airport with most votes will see a new service from Eurowings in S18...Spread the word!!!!!! http://www.vote-and-fly.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Interesting SNN is on there. Obviously on Eurowings radar in any case

Interesting SNN is on there. Obviously on Eurowings radar in any case

Wasn't there reports of a cologne announcement (with Germanwings, now Eurowings) a few years ago that never happened?

Remember, Eurowings is part of the Lufthansa group, Lufthansa operated SNN-FRA this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Shn99 wrote: »
    Lets lighten up the evening a bit. Please please vote for Shannon airport..Airport with most votes will see a new service from Eurowings in S18...Spread the word!!!!!! http://www.vote-and-fly.com/

I voted but Shannon is doing pretty badly in the poll.

VG31 wrote: »
    I voted but Shannon is doing pretty badly in the poll.

Now in 6th place, was in last at 10th an hour ago!

It won't win, however could put it on Eurowings radar in the future if votes increase.

The more I look into Mostar (Far in the lead), the more I think theres been some "tampering" of some sort. It's not a big place, I've certainly never heard of it before!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

It won't win, however could put it on Eurowings radar in the future if votes increase.

The more I look into Mostar (Far in the lead), the more I think theres been some "tampering" of some sort. It's not a big place, I've certainly never heard of it before!

Mostar is the closest airport to Medjugorje but it's not quite the easiest airport to fly into apparently hence why most of those pilgrimage flights go to Dubrovnik.

SNN - Cologne appeared in the booking engine at one point but was swiftly taken off.

It did well in the Hapag Llyod Express days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

you must be too young to remember the yugoslav civil war!

Now in 4th place. Apparently the final 3 will be chosen on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Masala

How do we see that info????

Also.... how does an airport make the list???

Seems a strange way to secure a new route!!!!! No economics or financials needed???? Didn't think things got that bad in aviation that airlines decided on new routes on an X-Factor style format.

Masala wrote: »
    How do we see gate info????

http://www.vote-and-fly.com
    Also.... how does an airport make the list??? Seems a strange way to secure a new route!!!!! No economics or financials needed???? Didn't think things got that bad in aviation that airlines decided on new routes on an X-Factor style format.

I think it's a brilliant idea! Any service will likely be a 1/2pw token service, nothing major, could well turn a profit if it's the most voted for. However, the real winner here is the airline. Some massive free advertising made from this campaign, especially for the chosen route. Routes can struggle to take off, however if such a route won such a competition the build up to it would be alot larger for alot cheaper.

Nice to see companies getting involved with innovate new ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Masala

I see.... it only shows the standing when you actually vote!!!

SNN at 7.7% behinh 3rd at 10% and ahead of Belfast in 5th at 7%

Interesting!!!

Masala wrote:
    Seems a strange way to secure a new route!!!!! No economics or financials needed???? Didn't think things got that bad in aviation that airlines decided on new routes on an X-Factor style format.

I'm sure they've done their homework already...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Would like to see more flights to the canaries. Gran Canaria isn’t even serviced from Shannon and other islands don’t have great service either. When it can run 7 days a week from Dublin and 4 a week from Cork, surely Shannon could do better (LPA)

Toronto is a great route and the price is great

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Would like to see more flights to the canaries. Gran Canaria isn’t even serviced from Shannon and other islands don’t have great service either. When it can run 7 days a week from Dublin and 4 a week from Cork, surely Shannon could do better (LPA)

Toronto is a great route and the price is great

The current service to the canaries is the best we've had in years really, I can't see it growing much more for a while sadly!

Summer we have up to 3x weekly ACE, 1x TFS and 1x FUE, winter is the same less a Lanzarote rotation.

Stockholm with SAS is cut for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Shannon is now just about in 3rd place. Hope it stays there until tomorrow.

Shannon has finished in the top 3, at 9.6%, however the top two are both above 30%.

Voting will take place on FB tomorrow at 4pm Irish time.

Good to see it making it into the final at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

I just noticed Shannon is dropping the Berlin route from the end of October.....why is this? I would have thought it was a very lucrative route for them!! :(

Mr rebel wrote: »
    I just noticed Shannon is dropping the Berlin route from the end of October.....why is this? I would have thought it was a very lucrative route for them!! :(

Self destroyed the route by changing the timings from a very well performing MON/FRI to TUE/SAT and have now moved the route to Kerry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Self destroyed the route by changing the timings from a very well performing MON/FRI to TUE/SAT and have now moved the route to Kerry.

Actually, that is true in my case as once they got rid of the Fri/Mon weekend slot I switched to Dublin instead.
    Unfortunately Kerry has a death timeslot for the return flight from Berlin on Sundays (7am....really?!)

Advertisement