Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Route Announcements 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Masala

Mr rebel wrote: »
    Actually, that is true in my case as once they got rid of the Fri/Mon weekend slot I switched to Dublin instead.
    Unfortunately Kerry has a death timeslot for the return flight from Berlin on Sundays (7am....really?!)

That only for winter. Summer slot is leaving Berlin around 1730 on a Sunday...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Mr rebel wrote: »
    JCX BXC wrote: »
    Self destroyed the route by changing the timings from a very well performing MON/FRI to TUE/SAT and have now moved the route to Kerry.

Actually, that is true in my case as once they got rid of the Fri/Mon weekend slot I switched to Dublin instead.
    Unfortunately Kerry has a death timeslot for the return flight from Berlin on Sundays (7am....really?!)
    Id imagine they may be popular with German Tourists, who id say the route is aimed at

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Locker10a wrote: »
    Id imagine they may be popular with German Tourists, who id say the route is aimed at
    lets see...... Kerry has a population of 150,000, Berlin Urban area has 4million with 6 million in total in the catchment area.

I think you might be right that the market for incoming flights is more important than the irish market.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

the public voting on the Eurowings new route from Cologne has opened on their facebook site and Shannon is doing miserably.
    Its looking like Mostar will win this by a fair margin over the only other choice which is Trapani.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

the public voting on the Eurowings new route from Cologne has opened on their facebook site and Shannon is doing miserably.
    Its looking like Mostar will win this by a fair margin over the only other choice which is Trapani.

The way they have formatted this voting is disappointing, many people have little idea how to use FB and will simply hit the like button, hence skewing the results.

Shannon won't win regardless, but it is a little disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Finished just a few percent behind Mostar.

Surprising! Just 4% behind Mostar @33%. Beating Tripani.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Slightly off topic but the restaurant upstairs before you enter security is closed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but the restaurant upstairs before you enter security is closed.

Yes, I was picking up my uncle there in April and they told me it had closed permanently. There is a smaller cafe downstairs however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Doltanian wrote: »
    Yes, I was picking up my uncle there in April and they told me it had closed permanently. There is a smaller cafe downstairs however.

Yes there is and it’s worse than useless

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Yes there is and it’s worse than useless

I remember my uncle getting a fryup there and myself a scone and tea but it was small and the seating area limited and of course quiet expensive. Next time I use shannon I'll eat somewhere outside the airport, as the time you eat is also burning time on the expensive parking meter also.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Doltanian wrote: »
    I remember my uncle getting a fryup there and myself a scone and tea but it was small and the seating area limited and of course quiet expensive. Next time I use shannon I'll eat somewhere outside the airport, as the time you eat is also burning time on the expensive parking meter also.

The arrivals area is to change with the restaurant that is there moving to make a much better spot and the car hire being relocated.

The refurbishment of the duty free is to start soon. The duty free was only done up last time about two to three years ago. The money could be much better spent on the arrivals hall and immigration area as they are in desperate need of refurbishment / reconfiguration.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

BZ wrote:
    The refurbishment of the duty free is to start soon. The duty free was only done up last time about two to three years ago. The money could be much better spent on the arrivals hall and immigration area as they are in desperate need of refurbishment / reconfiguration.

They got planning to do the arrivals hall but nothing ever happened. I wonder was it down to money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Moved to the mid west in recent months. Sad to see someone of the news here about flight reductions and cuts.. having lived in cork for years and listening to the troubles in cork airport they are doing better.
    surely with the catchment area and existing motorway network it should be doing better..esp with he pressure on dublin airport and the hassle of getting to it.
    i know i for one would perfer to fly from cork or shannon than dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

They got planning to do the arrivals hall but nothing ever happened. I wonder was it down to money?

It’s due to go ahead over the winter as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Sadly I think this is about all we'll get this year!

Reus is simply replacing Berlin, however may get better numbers. Could affect falcon's Reus service.

Can I clarify / confirm: the SNN - Berlin route is definitely gone for summer 2018?

Geuze wrote: »
    Can I clarify / confirm: the SNN - Berlin route is definitely gone for summer 2018?

Yes, the Berlin route is definitely gone for summer 2018, Reus is now operating in its place.

Geuze wrote: »

The nearest Berlin service for 2018 (outside of Dublin) is out of Kerry Airport on a Wednesday and Sunday with Ryanair

Ryanair announcement today (16th Feburary)

New routes to: Liverpool (3pw) and Bristol (2pw), as well as more frequency to Manchester (4pw-6pw).

Translates as an extra 7 weekly flights, well needed for the airport.

Ryanair announcement today (16th Feburary)

New routes to: Liverpool (3pw) and Bristol (2pw), as well as more frequency to Manchester (4pw-6pw).

Translates as an extra 7 weekly flights, well needed for the airport.

Very odd... in light of O'Learys stance on Brexit.

Also... why Bristol??? What the attraction..??

PS... good on SNN. Any traffic to the West is to be welcomed!!

• Advertisement

Masala wrote: »
    Very odd... in light of O'Learys stance on Brexit.

Also... why Bristol??? What the attraction..??

PS... good on SNN. Any traffic to the West is to be welcomed!!

Thought the same about UK traffic. In regards to Bristol it was a fairly popular route when Stobart ran it so there's a market there.

Advertisement