Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Pro 256GB - Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hi All

This might be of use to someone especially as Apple increased the price of this model by €70 last night from €849 to €919.

IPad Pro 10.5 - 256GB - Space Grey

€919 from Apple

€709 Plus €6.99 P&P from Argos EBay Store

Over €200 off retail price

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/Apple-iPad-Pro-10-5-Inch-WiFi-256GB-Tablet-Space-Grey-V002071-/112516631011

Is that store legit? Incredibly cheap price for what it is. Isn't the 64GB base model more expensive than this?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im very tempted but im a tad suspicious at that pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Argos eBay is fine. It's usually stick that Argos have in their warehouse that has slightly scuffed packaging.

**** it

I went for it.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Headshot wrote: »
    **** it

I went for it.

Thanks OP.

Tempted too. Let me know how you get on, although they will all be probably gone by then.

I presume you get the usual warranty with them?

I'm still using the original Air and my Mrs is using the 3!!

Been looking at one of these for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Yup will let you know how I get on Adox ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

adox wrote: »
    Tempted too. Let me know how you get on, although they will all be probably gone by then.

I presume you get the usual warranty with them?

I'm still using the original Air and my Mrs is using the 3!!

Been looking at one of these for a while.

In the questions and answer section it says

"Hi there, The iPad Pro 10.5 Inch WiFi 256GB - Space Grey comes with a 12 month warranty that covers manufacturing faults. Thanks for using Argos Q&A."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Im very tempted but im a tad suspicious at that pricing

Think it's all legit and I don't think it's a mistake either. If you have a look at the pricing history this model was reduced to €709 in Irish Argos stores between the 16th and the 25th of August too.

http://checkargos.com/product/6849409

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Kayshee123

I'm interested but a little sceptical tbh for that price..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Argos.ie was selling this last week for €709 and I missed it but thanks to the OP I ordered this.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Could you walk into Argos in the RoI for warranty repairs/issues or does it have to be dealt with through eBay/Argos online?

Could you walk into Argos in the RoI for warranty repairs/issues or does it have to be dealt with through eBay/Argos online?

For Apple Products you usually deal directly with Apple by post for any in warranty issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Kayshee123 wrote:
    I'm interested but a little sceptical tbh for that price..

Why? It's the Argos Ireland eBay store... All warranties will be with Apple.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

For Apple Products you usually deal directly with Apple by post for any in warranty issues.

Thereby potentially signing away a lot of your consumer rights, your contract is with Argos and your "warranty" is a hell of a lot longer than 12 months, if you deal with Apple you are "breaking" your potential rights as a consumer with Argos.
    If I bought this and it keeled over after 24months I'd be in to Argos for repair, replacement or refund and if they refused then Small Claims Court and I'd win hands down.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Thereby potentially signing away a lot of your consumer rights, your contract is with Argos and your "warranty" is a hell of a lot longer than 12 months, if you deal with Apple you are "breaking" your potential rights as a consumer with Argos.
    If I bought this and it keeled over after 24months I'd be in to Argos for repair, replacement or refund and if they refused then Small Claims Court and I'd win hands down.

You wouldn't be signing away any of your rights under EU law by dealing with Apple directly. Apple merely offer the service to deal with them directly as a convenience to the customer as they would be kept in the loop a lot more than with most retail store (who incidentally would be doing the same thing, sending the product back to Apple).

The question here isn't on warranty, as it's clear from the description that Argos are offering the full 12 months required (or 2 year EU). The question was whether the warranty would be honoured in a bricks and mortar Argos store, which I don't know the answer to!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You wouldn't be signing away any of your rights under EU law by dealing with Apple directly. Apple merely offer the service to deal with them directly as a convenience to the customer as they would be kept in the loop a lot more than with most retail store (who incidentally would be doing the same thing, sending the product back to Apple).

The question here isn't on warranty, as it's clear from the description that Argos are offering the full 12 months required (or 2 year EU). The question was whether the warranty would be honoured in a bricks and mortar Argos store, which I don't know the answer to!

On the Argos eBay Ireland page, but ships from the UK. There is no "2 year EU" law, both U.K. And Ireland use the Sale of Goods Act, so you'd have to go through small claims after 12 months. And then who is your contract with? Too messy for me anyway.

slave1 wrote:
    Thereby potentially signing away a lot of your consumer rights, your contract is with Argos and your "warranty" is a hell of a lot longer than 12 months, if you deal with Apple you are "breaking" your potential rights as a consumer with Argos. If I bought this and it keeled over after 24months I'd be in to Argos for repair, replacement or refund and if they refused then Small Claims Court and I'd win hands down.

whiterebel wrote:
    On the Argos eBay Ireland page, but ships from the UK. There is no "2 year EU" law, both U.K. And Ireland use the Sale of Goods Act, so you'd have to go through small claims after 12 months. And then who is your contract with? Too messy for me anyway.

Seriously? When was the last time you used a warranty? Are you expecting this iPad to fail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

tedpan wrote: »
    Seriously? When was the last time you used a warranty? Are you expecting this iPad to fail?

How Apple fanboys envisage the Apple warranty dept....

skeleton-in-office-at-a-computer-ay0806.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

Out of stock. :(

degsie wrote:
    How Apple fanboys envisage the Apple warranty dept....

I can't stand Apple, but i can't remember returning something for manufacturing defects for at least 10 years. Most threads on boards all talk about warranties on phones, drones, tech when the majority of the time the user has broken it. I don't see the point, although maybe I should be worried about Apple products?

iniall wrote:
    Out of stock.

It's been out of stock since yesterday

I had an iPad Air fail after 14months, the "home" button simply stopped working, bought with 12month Argos warranty, Argos refused to take any responsibility, SCC and I won full refund.
    Same as I won full refund from Dell, Tesco and Lidl when they tried fobbing me off.

Know your rights people

Directly from Citizen Information down below...piece in bold by me.
    It can be perceived that you are accepting repair if you return to manufacture i.e. forgoing refund or replacement, also you need to stick with whomever your contract is with, in this case Argos.

In my case both Tesco and Lidl tried pushing me off to manufacturer which I politely refused and then they both said your on your own, I won the SCC claims.
    Dell refused to repair a two year old laptop, again I won.
    Argos refused everything because two months outside the "warranty" period, again I won in SCC.

In all incidents the companies gave me full original cost refund and my SCC costs (they are not obliged to refund SCC costs).

Honestly, will ye read up on your consumer rights...
    If things go wrong

If you have a problem with an item that you have bought it is always the seller who should put things right. As a general rule, the seller can either repair or replace the item. Alternatively, they can refund the costs of the item or service to the consumer.

If you are not satisfied with the quality of goods or services you can:

Return the goods to the supplier who sold it to you (you should not return the goods to the manufacturer)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

slave1 wrote: »
    I had an iPad Air fail after 14months, the "home" button simply stopped working, bought with 12month Argos warranty, Argos refused to take any responsibility, SCC and I won full refund.
    Same as I won full refund from Dell, Tesco and Lidl when they tried fobbing me off.

Know your rights people

You paid extra for the Argos warranty and they refused to take responsibility? :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Any electrical item can fail, and an iPad is one expensive piece of kit. I've had iPhone home buttons go as well, and Apple are generally stepping up to the plate for their own sales. Once it is bought from someone else, Apple don't have to do anything after 12 months.

slave1 wrote:
    I had an iPad Air fail after 14months, the "home" button simply stopped working, bought with 12month Argos warranty, Argos refused to take any responsibility, SCC and I won full refund. Same as I won full refund from Dell, Tesco and Lidl when they tried fobbing me off.

Wow, that's a lot of faulty goods, they must have some sort of magnetism to you!

Keep buying locally!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

No option to purchase from that link above.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement