Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep Sky Stacker issues

Options
  • 13-09-2017 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭

Hi gang, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on what I may be doing wrong in DSS.

For my last few sessions of good imaging I haven't bothered using DSS as its just throwing out garbage at the end. The colour is completly ruined in the stacked image and the stars looked like they've been put through a squeeze press!

I've been just using photoshop to from start to finish instead lately and its actually been great. However its not so great when I have over 20 images to be alligned.

Heres a 80% cropped example of a DSS output + basic curves stretch in PS.

2nd attachment is the same area cropped from a single image with no adjusments made.

Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Hi Ian. Long shot but is hot pixel detection and removal set to no?

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Hi Ian. Long shot but is hot pixel detection and removal set to no?

It was on the default settings but im gonna try set it them to zero now and see what happens. I got a step closer earlier by converting all my RAWs to TIFFS and use them, however then my issue seems to be that only the center of the frame is being aligned correctly. :rolleyes:

80% crop sample

One step forward one step back lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Weird. I had awful trouble with my A7s raw files in PI and Dss. In the end i did what you did and converted them to .tif. Have you confirmed your debayer settings are correct?

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I got it working in the end after some messing around with the different alignment options and I also got told to turn off hot pixel detection.

Result here on my flickr.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/landscapeaddict/37049517172

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Looked like a white balance issue but I see you have fixed it now. Not sure if you do but doing a few flats and darks would remove that white vignetting a fair bit! The darks you can have a set ready to go if your setup is always the same (light train Lens + body). Not a bad result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Iancar29 wrote: »
    I got it working in the end after some messing around with the different alignment options and I also got told to turn off hot pixel detection.

Result here on my flickr.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/landscapeaddict/37049517172

Very nice image!
    Did you use a scope or just a telephoto lens for this >?

Advertisement