Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New mod advice

• 13-09-2017 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Just like it says....I'm using nearly 100% vg, probably around 95vg/5pg ...(mixed). I'm a terror for going into a shop and buying something stupid, so far:
    Kangor subtank - got fed up of carrying around a box of tissues, but great vape
    Vaperesso - Micro usb port fell out, but ceramic coils pretty good
    Clieto - Great vape, nearly as bad as subtank for leaking
    Little smok vape pen 22 (temporary solution) - Really great flavour, but coils take ages to wick the 95%vg mix and only last a couple of days

They're all attached to my face 24 hours a day, I'm cycling six batteries which are always on charge to keep them running...
    I'm running a combination of all of them at the moment, glass, coils, o rings and need something new!!!

So...Budget is around 100euro...and it needs to wick nearly 100% vg...any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

Something rebuildable. Wick it to suit 95% VG. I like my Kylin at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jobby

Steve666 wrote:
    Something rebuildable. Wick it to suit 95% VG. I like my Kylin at the moment.

I was using a rebuildable drip setup at home before, maybe it's something I should revisit. The sub box came with one which was pretty good but I stopped purely because of how much I was having to re coil it, maybe I need to vape less or start smoking again lol

I really like how the smok tastes, but the guy in the shop said that even the physically 'larger' coils are only supposed to take 80/20 liquid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I'd go with a Single Coil RTA or RDTA with alot of wicking. Avocado, Lost Art (Goon Clone), Serpent or Ammit Single Coil version. In any of them I'd go with a single coil configuration and you'd need to keep the wicks on any of them as short as possible (just touching the juice well).

Another Option is to look at a sqonking if you don't want to go down the RDA route again - should be no issues wicking. 

Why 95% juice BTW ? Why not dilute a bit with Vodka or Distilled water and just add more flavoring if you are DIY'ing

was.deevey wrote:
    Why 95% juice BTW ? Why not dilute a bit with Vodka or Distilled water and just add more flavoring if you are DIY'ing

Thanks for that, I'll look into them. The 95% was partly because at that thickness the cleto wasn't leaking so much and I'd also found a juice I really really liked (rude oil, dirty diesel) but it was to fruity...so I'm adding glycerine to that amount which makes it perfect....also, it would have been cheaper to smoke 40 a day if I didn't lol

• Advertisement

jobby wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I'll look into them.  The 95% was partly because at that thickness the cleto wasn't leaking so much and I'd also found a juice I really really liked (rude oil, dirty diesel) but it was to fruity...so I'm adding glycerine to that amount which makes it perfect....also, it would have been cheaper to smoke 40 a day if I didn't lol
    I thought the 95% might due to a PG allergy or something and you were DIY'ing your own juice. Add a mix of PG/VG instead of straight up VG to soften the flavour would be my advice instead of water or vodka.

I've never had leaking with any of my tanks Subtank / Griffin / Avocado or the Lost art once they are wicked properly with 70/30. PG and Nic are what gives you the throat hit so unless you up the Nic content as well to above 10mg it must be really unsatisfying ?

If a tank is leaking with 70/30 its a problem with the tank.

Sorry, Stupid boards editor is doing fcuked up things again when you post.

I eventually got a refund on the subtask after taking it back in a plastic bag full of fluid, apperently I wasn't the first to do so, the cleto has always been 'moist' and the guy in the shop stopped selling them because of it i think.

Edit: and I've got man flu so every hit is a gurgle throat hit at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

My subtank leaked like mad until I started using the RBA. It's never leaked since. The disposable coils that come with it are terrible.

If you want a different rba I just bought an ammit in ivape. Handy thing is that it came with a spare glass, that's 5 mils.

For a non ab that you can use bought coils I'd recommend a smok like the baby beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

If you want a tank that's guaranteed not to leak, get the OBS Engine. Simple to build and wick and is top air flow, unless you leave your tanks upside down often you're not going to get it to leak. Great RTA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Just use a dripper and something like reuleaux rx200 , vape anything in that

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

Serpent SMM seems to wick extremely well. I'd say it'd have no bother with 95% VG. Awesome flavour, very saturated vape, very easy to build and it seems solid out.

OBS Engine - ya - fantastic yoke altogether - probably well able to handle the thick juice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Steve666 wrote: »
    OBS Engine - ya - fantastic yoke altogether - probably well able to handle the thick juice too.

It is, I use 80+ VG daily in mine, some of my juices are almost 90% VG, no issues.

I wouldn't recommend a dripper to anyone unless that is definitely what they were after. I find drippers irritating at best and I have no problem coiling and wicking one up in a few minutes. I get about 7-8 decent vapes then have to re-drip ... feck that.

Hmmm.....lots to think about...I think I'll go for the Alien220 starter kit that comes with the baby beast...I'd like to support the new fella in Douglas, I'd prefer the larger 5ml tank but that would be an online job. Dripper...sigh...I love my cheepo dripper at home but out and about is a pain in the hole.
    I was kinda thinking about getting the cleito rebuildable that'll fit straight into what I already have, we'll see :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Hmmm.....lots to think about...I think I'll go for the Alien220 starter kit that comes with the baby beast...I'd like to support the new fella in Douglas, I'd prefer the larger 5ml tank but that would be an online job. Dripper...sigh...I love my cheepo dripper at home but out and about is a pain in the hole.
    I was kinda thinking about getting the cleito rebuildable that'll fit straight into what I already have, we'll see :)

Check out reviews for the Wotofo Serpent SMM RTA. Super forgiving build deck that makes it impossible to screw up the wicking, no leaks, great flavor and insanely popular online.

If I hadn't got the Ammit 25 I would pick one up in an instant.

Well....I ended up going for a red and black alien 220w mod and the smok spiral tank....it was kinda pricey, 100 euro for the two of them, but I thought paying the 30 odd euro extra to support the local shop was worth it.....love the mod, two batteries is fantastic, even my old ones give me more than a day of heavy use with the 0.6ohm coil. Kinda disappointed with the tank size though. ..i mean who's idea was it to change the law to a 2mil max? It's ridicules. Will probably end up getting the cleito rebuild coil for the tank I already have.....refilling the 2mil on the way to work is getting stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Well....I ended up going for a red and black alien 220w mod and the smok spiral tank....it was kinda pricey, 100 euro for the two of them, but I thought paying the 30 odd euro extra to support the local shop was worth it.....love the mod, two batteries is fantastic, even my old ones give me more than a day of heavy use with the 0.6ohm coil. Kinda disappointed with the tank size though. ..i mean who's idea was it to change the law to a 2mil max? It's ridicules. Will probably end up getting the cleito rebuild coil for the tank I already have.....refilling the 2mil on the way to work is getting stupid

I looked for a bigger glass but with no avail,I have found the spiral tank that holds 4ml & you do get a spare glass which you could put on your tank.

If you decide to buy it,during checkout,use the Ireland Express ePacket which is in the drop down list...only takes 2 weeks for delivery,other postages will take 4-6 weeks.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10007487/6951205-authentic-smoktech-smok-spirals-plus-sub-ohm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I've found a few larger tanks on gearbest too. I ordered the smok cloud beast from there. Still waiting though.

Gearbeast deliveries take about a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Venom wrote: »
    Gearbeast deliveries take about a month.

Ordered something from Gearbest on the 1st sept and am still waiting. Getting a bit worried now to be honest.

• Advertisement

Ordered something from Gearbest on the 1st sept and am still waiting. Getting a bit worried now to be honest.

Where does the tacking number say it is?

The tank I bought from them seemed to spend forever in the Netherlands.

Where does the tacking number say it is?

The tank I bought from them seemed to spend forever in the Netherlands.

2017-09-15 12:59 Despatched to overseas (Country code: IE)

2017-09-15 12:59 Despatched to overseas (Country code: IE)

Could it be a case of the item not being in stock? I'd get onto them to see what the story is.

Could it be a case of the item not being in stock? I'd get onto them to see what the story is.

Apparently it was the last SS Hcigar 75 they had. It should have turned up by now. Think I'll take your advice and shoot them a mail. Damnit, those Hcigars are near impossible to get now in stainless steel.

I'v just gotten so used to ordering stuff from Amazon and having it in a few day that every where else seems to take forever :o

Loving the 0.6ohm coils.....0.3 leak like a mofo

Advertisement