Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs. Sevilla UCL Matchday 1, RTÉ 2 and BT Sport 2 7:45pm

• 13-09-2017 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

1505129028_690379_1505129295_noticia_normal.jpg

The big Champions League nights are back at Anfield after what seems like a decade, and a cracker to kick things off as the Reds are out to exact some measure of revenge for Basel 2016 in the Europa League final.

Team News:

Ings, Lallana and Clyne all unavailable for Liverpool, Coutinho likely to play a part. Karius is confirmed to start in goal, so that could be fun for the neutrals.

Soria, Nolito and Geis all unavailable for Sevilla. Pareja is doubtful to be involved.

Have at it. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

2-1 Liverpool....

I hope.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Impossible to predict Liverpool results. Could be 6-0, 0-4 or anything in between.

Stupid sexy Flanders Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

The big question: will Moreno play again against his old side?!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I expect he will, with Robertson coming in against Burnley.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'd start Robertson and Coutinho but just want us to show some composure tonight. 3-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Big test for Karius as has been said.

Has a lot to prove, I still have huge doubts over him but he is young and Klopp must rate him. Don't agree with the decision to play him here as I think Mignolet is better than most give him credit for and has proven himself far more than Karius, but willing to be proven wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Sevilla a massive price for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Don't think Moreno should start. His head isn't the best at the best of times, so I don't think it's best to play him agasint Sevilla becuase his head wasn't in it the last time, best to play Robertson this time and get the best result this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Don't think Moreno should start. His head isn't the best at the best of times, so I don't think it's best to play him agasint Sevilla becuase his head wasn't in it the last time, best to play Robertson this time and get the best result this time.

Are you drunk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

0-2 Sevilla

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The kids are beating Sevilla 3-0 at the moment hopefully they'll not embarrass the seniors.

DJnu74KXUAAX27Q.png:large

Karius, Gomez, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, Wijnaldum, Can, Henderson, Salah, Mane, Firmino.

Subs Mignolet, Milner, Coutinho, Sturridge, Klavan, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Robertson.

Talking points; Moreno starting, Klavan loses out to Lovren !! , Gomez at RB. Added to Karius in goal :)

Seville

S. Rico, Mercado, Pareja, Kjaer, Escudero, Pizarro, Jesús Navas, Banega, N'Zonzi, Correa, Ben Yedder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

How many of that Seville tore us apart in the uefa final,hate to say it but Liverpool & Klopp are under pressure here,3_2 either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The whole Karius playing the CL is a mistake. No shots to deal with against Arsenal and he still nearly cost us goals.

I don't care if he showed potential in the Bundesliga, he's been terrible in a Liverpool shirt.
    He spills the ball, makes mistakes at his feet, isn't even a strong shot stopper. I'm not confident of him making a save tbh. Hopefully I'm wrong but I can see this blowing up in Klopp's face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Sevilla are ALMOST worth a.bit at 4/1...

I just think coytinho cane come in if things go too wrong and settle things down

3 1 pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Fromvert wrote: »
    The whole Karius playing the CL is a mistake. No shots to deal with against Arsenal and he still nearly cost us goals.

I don't care if he showed potential in the Bundesliga, he's been terrible in a Liverpool shirt.
    He spills the ball, makes mistakes at his feet, isn't even a strong shot stopper. I'm not confident of him making a save tbh. Hopefully I'm wrong but I can see this blowing up in Klopp's face.

He needs to build up his confidence and find some form so maybe this his opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

murpho999 wrote: »
    He needs to build up his confidence and find some form so maybe this his opportunity.

I can get that but there's got to be better ways than playing Champions League games. These are some of the most important games.

If you want to play him in CL games, give him the Maribor games plus the LC. Opening game against Seville sorry he simply doesn't deserve it on merit.

Fromvert wrote: »
    I can get that but there's got to be better ways than playing Champions League games. These are some of the most important games.

If you want to play him in CL games, give him the Maribor games plus the LC. Opening game against Seville sorry he simply doesn't deserve it on merit.

Well it's the manager's call so I'm happy to let him decide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

What a fcuking mess, from Can pulling out of a challnge at the start to Lovren doing a proper Lovren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Shocking from Can then Loveren.

Good old Lovren strikes again. He is the biggest problem in our defence.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Turned the game on just to see that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Klopp will admit defeat now, sub his best players off for prem at weekend and be complemented for good management

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Imagine having let two transfer windows go by, after falling out with your best centre back and failing to sign a new one, despite your defence being the reason you didn't challenge for the title last season.

How many clean sheets....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Thats nothing to do with how the team is set up.

It's to do with Lovren being absolutely fúcking shít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Good man Lovren!!!

• Advertisement

Unlucky there not to get lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Wish I'd backed sevilla

Mane looks amazing tho. Wouldn't be surprised to see him involved in a few

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

What a fcuking mess, from Can pulling out of a challnge at the start to Lovren doing a proper Lovren.

Agreed. Can a disgrace in the build-up. Lovren is Lovren, he can't help it, but shouldn't be out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Lovren doing a Lovren

Wonder when Matip will go up front

Unearthly wrote: »
    Klopp will admit defeat now, sub his best players off for prem at weekend and be complemented for good management

Lol

Fair play... very witty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

That's a foul, no plan for the defender to play the ball there.

• Advertisement

Referee is appalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Clear foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Well, that was a pretty blatant foul, right in front of the ref

Imagine being our frontline. The pressure to outscore Lovren's utter shítness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Shocking defending but clear free kick before the goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

SlickRic wrote: »
    Referee is appalling.

10 mins in and blaming the ref already... wow..

I think Salah might be more comfortable playing on the left.

Just get VVD in January no matter what the cost and drop Lovren. He's a walking disaster, makes too many errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just get VVD in January no matter what the cost and drop Lovren. He's a walking disaster, makes too many errors.

Wish I could get £100k a week for taking fresh-air shots :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The more I see that goal, the worse it gets. Lovren is such a poor player, wouldn't get into any of the other top six Premier League sides.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Gotta give props to Klopp for his management of Coutinho

bennyl10 wrote: »
    10 mins in and blaming the ref already... wow..

I didn't blame him for anything. Jog on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Yeah it's so unfair on them. But in fairness - we all knew this would happen. We said the failure to upgrade on him during the long summer transfer window would cost us goals. Tonight's won't be the only one it will cost us this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'd be happy with Lovren as our 3rd choice CB. Having him as a starter for 40 games means you'll always be susceptible to errors like that one, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Tusky wrote: »
    Yeah it's so unfair on them. But in fairness - we all knew this would happen. We said the failure to upgrade on him during the long summer transfer window would cost us goals. Tonight's won't be the only one it will cost us this season.

It's like Klopp has taken a leaf out of Wenger's book. Ignoring a problem that exists.

The fans can see what the problems are, the media can see what the problems are and the pundits can see what the problems are.

And they all agree on the same thing!

Doe Klopp really think he can turn Lovren into Franco Baresi or Moreno into Paulo Maldini?

• Advertisement
Advertisement