Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio moving when dry

Options
  • 13-09-2017 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    We have a small patio layed by proffessionals last year in October. This summer (few sunny days) we've noticed that slabs (sandstone)are slightly moving when it's dry. When its wet there is no movement. Builder who layed the patio is saying that this is normal due to expansion. ??? (Are the slabs in warm countries moving as well?)
    Me and my partner know nothing about laying patios so i'm looking for an anwer is it really normal that sandstone slabs are moving when its dry?
    Thank you for all advice!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I don't know anything about patio slabs but I do know that they shouldn't be moving and if it were my patio I'd be getting the cowboy builder that put it down to put them down properly.

Slabs shouldn't move no matter the weather.

His excuse of expansion is as bad as the job he's done on your patio.
    Get him out to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kasia23

Thanks guys, that's what we thought as well. He's coming on saturday to discuss the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Patios shouldn't move.
    Slabs weren't laid correctly or insufficient cement has used.
    If one or two are loose, i'd hazard more will follow very soon.

Advertisement