Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good venue for a 50th near Malahide

Options
  • 13-09-2017 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi

Friends of mine are visiting the October bank holiday weekend.
    They're staying in Malahide and one of them will be celebrating her 50th whilst there.

Any advice on a restaurant or pub venue in the locality that would be good to book ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Sale e Pepe and Bon Appetit are two I like in Malahide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

I love Siam Thai. They have a singer there at the weekends and it has a great vibe

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

Lead wrote: »
    I love Siam Thai. They have a singer there at the weekends and it has a great vibe

+1 for Siam Thai

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

All good recommendations above.

Any preference on food ?

Kajaal is very good if they like Pakistani food

Old Street restaurant is recently opened and meant to be good.

I wouldn't leave it too long to book as Malahide is busy at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

As mentioned by Cloudio9, if it's a Friday or especially Saturday you will struggle to get a booking for large group in any of the more popular places. Also depends on the type of food your group will be looking for? Scotch Bonnet has an upstairs area for parties? Cafe Provence has just started opening evenings and might be glad of a group booking on a weeekend night? Food is good there daytime. Or maybe the grand hotel could accommodate a large group?

• Advertisement
Advertisement