Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angry man Deliberately bumping into people in Docklands

Options
  • 13-09-2017 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm writing this wondering if any of you who work in the South Docklands (Grand Canal Dock, Forbes St and Sir John Rogersons Quay area) have encountered a very angry man with a South African accent but hints of USA accent as well.

I've had two unpleasant encounters with him now in fairly much the same place in the space of a month. Both times I have not seen him before he bumps into me, I turn around and eventually he turns around as well. He shouts all sorts of obscenities very loud then turns and walks on.

He did it again this morning: bumped into my right arm, I was ready to apologies to him out of politeness, but then the abusiveness just continued. He even showed his fist and made a fake charge.

I've never encountered the infamous "South African Con man" on the reddit articles but could this be the same guy?

Have any of you encountered this guy. I have no picture, but hes about 5 '9, 5 10 and looks completely normal and well dressed. Seems very unhinged mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Shaved head & backpack?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Rich Ritchie?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭savj2

Shaved head & backpack?

He had a bag on his bag, I thought he had some hair but can't remember if he was wearing some sort of hat or not.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I've encountered the South African con man a few times and he was never aggressive. Maybe he's been found out and this is a new gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Lickin2me

Smack him

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    I've encountered the South African con man a few times and he was never aggressive. Maybe he's been found out and this is a new gig.

what was his con?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Muahahaha wrote: »
    what was his con?

I'm not 100% on the details but it involved him 'borrowing' money off the victim then giving the victim a stolen laptop as collateral. Then arranging to meet the victim to return their money at a later date. Needless to say he never turns up.

There's a few threads on Reddit r/Dublin about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    I'm not 100% on the details but it involved him 'borrowing' money off the victim then giving the victim a stolen laptop as collateral. Then arranging to meet the victim to return their money at a later date. Needless to say he never turns up.

There's a few threads on Reddit r/Dublin about him.

Similar to the scrote stopping me and asking to use my phone. He's trying to call his friend...
    He had a phone with 'no credit' and a €50 as collateral I could hold while he uses my phone.

I can just imagine him running down the road with my phone and I'm left holding a dud phone and a photocopied €50.

• Advertisement
Advertisement