Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a .300 win mag

Options
  • 13-09-2017 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

Looking for a new .300 win mag rifle. Not a hugely popular round anymore so there isn't a huge selection. I don't want to spend much more than 1000euro. I would like a Remington 700 but I'm open to other options.

I know a lot of you will be itching to tell me about better calibres but I have my reasons and iv made up my mind.

Any advice on dealers who supply this calibre would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

You can get a rifle in from anywhere in Europe, Germany especially, reasonably easily. Its getting a supply of ammunition i'd be worried about. Some otherwise common rounds, that might be easy to buy in the uk or the us, might not be common here and difficult to get. Case in point, a lad on here with a 7x57 rimmed, common enough in Germany, no suppliers could be found in Ireland.

What will you be using the .300 win mag for ?

https://www.frankonia.de/marken-a-bis-z/waffen/remington/Artikel.html?lastSelected=f_s_kaliber&f_s_kaliber=.300+Win.+Mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Jim.Creele wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking for a new .300 win mag rifle. Not a hugely popular round anymore so there isn't a huge selection. I don't want to spend much more than 1000euro. I would like a Remington 700 but I'm open to other options.

I know a lot of you will be itching to tell me about better calibres but I have my reasons and iv made up my mind.

Any advice on dealers who supply this calibre would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim.

There's lots of the ammo in Hilltop. Probably a rifle or two in that calibre as well.

Rosahane wrote: »
    There's lots of the ammo in Hilltop. Probably a rifle or two in that calibre as well.

What sort of price do you know ? Pricey ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jim.Creele

gunny123 wrote: »
    You can get a rifle in from anywhere in Europe, Germany especially, reasonably easily.

Are you saying I can get a rifle delivered in from another country?

Jim.Creele wrote: »
    Are you saying I can get a rifle delivered in from another country?

Yes, it's fairly easy from Germany, get an article 7 import licence and you are good to go. But if it's a Remy you want, just order it through a dealer here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Rosahane

What sort of price do you know ? Pricey ?

Sorry, No idea on price. Saw it while Pat was getting other ammo out for me. He's usually OK on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

300 Win Mag ammo was about €48 the last time I bought some about 2 years ago. That was Hornady loaded with 180 grain SST.

Might get a discount if buying in bulk

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jim.Creele

Yes, it's fairly easy from Germany, get an article 7 import licence and you are good to go. But if it's a Remy you want, just order it through a dealer here.

Any ideas of dealers with this kind of Remy? 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 35 schmidt223

I almost certain Dom Byrne of domscustomrifles has a Remington 700 in .300 Win Mag.

Advertisement