Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new twin and earth

Options
  • 13-09-2017 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I'm surprised there hasn't already been a thread on this, how are the sparks out there finding the new t&e, when first fixing?
    Any trouble with conduit, boxes etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

The one thing I have struggled to get so far for it is new clips. Currently the only option I can come up with is using old-style T&E clips of one size bigger. I'm sure proper clips are being manufactured for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

It's a struggle to terminate 10 square into a shower switch. Wasn't the easiest with the old cables either but there's absolutely no flexibility on the earth now

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Passing wisdom but what's new about it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

listermint wrote:
    Passing wisdom but what's new about it?

The earth is now the same size as the L and N where previously it only had to be half the size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

Definitely fills up the 32mm holes in the joists faster than the old stuff. Hopefully they keep manufacturing it on the aluminium drums, hate to see it on cardboard.
    Haven't second fixed it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

dbagman wrote: »
    The earth is now the same size as the L and N where previously it only had to be half the size.

It was less than half the size in the bigger cables probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Bruthal wrote: »
    dbagman wrote: »

It was less than half the size in the bigger cables probably.
    The sizes were (live conductors/cpc):
    1/1
    1.5/1
    2.5/1.5
    4/1.5
    6/2.5
    10/4
    16/10 (for IS cable) or 16/6 (for BS cable - not to be used in the south of Ireland)

Advertisement