Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster bank android app problem

• 13-09-2017 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I'm having problems with the Ulster bank android app. Everytime i open it the following error appears "Security Error 1.4 Security check failed". When i click ok the app closes.

The app did work fine, but i smashed my phone and sent it off for repair. I had the phone backed up and re-installed everything and the app hasn't worked since. Anyone else have a similar issue and any fixes would be appreciated.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

rraido wrote: »
    I'm having problems with the Ulster bank android app. Everytime i open it the following error appears "Security Error 1.4 Security check failed". When i click ok the app closes.

The app did work fine, but i smashed my phone and sent it off for repair. I had the phone backed up and re-installed everything and the app hasn't worked since. Anyone else have a similar issue and any fixes would be appreciated.

thanks.
    I have not had any problem with the app when reinstalling the phone or the tablet and I've done it several times on both devices (1 or 2 the phone and the table maybe 4 or 5 times)

I'd speak with the place they made the repair and with your carrier and take the phone to your phone carrier's repair shop and see what they can tell you. You can also do yourself a full default settings restore and see if that works.

Sorry I can't help more

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rraido

Thanks tanit. i got onto Ulster bank and they said I had too old a version of android for the app to work (lollipop) and it needs marshmallow to work properly.

However I updated to a newer version of lollipop and it's working fine now. I might upgrade to marshmallow anyway.

Advertisement