Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Home Delivery

Options
  • 13-09-2017 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

How does this work guys, do you just load your trolly up, go to checkout, and pay for it and say you want this delivered?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

danjo-xx wrote: »
    How does this work guys, do you just load your trolly up, go to checkout, and pay for it and say you want this delivered?

I'm pretty sure that's it. Just to let you know, Supervalu and Tesco do home delivery too and I've used both and no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Iceland does it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

danjo-xx wrote: »

This is generally what happens in my experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Be a grand job to have . Start work and get a list for Mr A and you go around and load up there shopping pack into the delivery van and then repeat for another customer

What if u order an item but it sells out before the worker gets to it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Be a grand job to have . Start work and get a list for Mr A and you go around and load up there shopping pack into the delivery van and then repeat for another customer

What if u order an item but it sells out before the worker gets to it ??

Well in this case with Dunnes. You go around the shop and pick out your shopping and just ask for it to be delivered to your house.
    With online shopping.(I'd say the system would know if an item was low in stock and need to pick up fast for the customer). If you did miss out on an item you'd probably get an e-mail. Saying sorry that xxxx was not in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I believe the standard with online shopping (I've certainly heard it's how Tesco works) is when something is not available, its replaced with something equivalent. You should then be informed of this on delivery and have the option of refusing the equivalent item for a refund.

Doesn't apply to Dunnes as they don't do online shopping (except for textiles). You do your shopping and they deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

JohnC. wrote: »
    I believe the standard with online shopping (I've certainly heard it's how Tesco works) is when something is not available, its replaced with something equivalent. You should then be informed of this on delivery and have the option of refusing the equivalent item for a refund.

Doesn't apply to Dunnes as they don't do online shopping (except for textiles). You do your shopping and they deliver.

Yep this is how it works with SuperValu and Tesco anyway. There's also an option when choosing items not to substitute for something else if the original isn't available. Then you just don't get the item or a replacement (e.g. If you use a certain type of baby food and know you don't want a similar replacement then you just get none).

Advertisement