Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to uk

• 13-09-2017 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭

Just wondering is it had to get setup with a uk prsi number? Would it be a wise move to make now before brexit in case one wanted to move over in the future? I understand you would have to move over for a period and get work etc.. thoughts please..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

You'll have to go through an interview for national insurance number...they usually want you to have a job lined up to process it. It's about 15 years since I did it so may have changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

From their website:
    If you’re moving to the UK

You may have a National Insurance (NI) number printed on the back of your biometric residence permit (BRP). You don’t need to apply for a National Insurance number if you already have one, or one is printed on your BRP.

If you don’t have a National Insurance number, you must apply. You can only apply for it once you’re in the UK. You must have the right to work or study in the UK to get a National Insurance number.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

I've heard of people doing this before moving over through Belfast, not sure if that's still valid or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

It's not urgent - I don't think I had mine for the first month or so I was working there.

And the feckers made me go to London for my interview for the number, even though there was a centre that would have done just ten minutes' walk from my house. Avoid that if possible :P

Advertisement