Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging cash

Options
  • 14-09-2017 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭

I am travelling back home to ireland from another EU country and have a few grand (under 10k) I would like to lodge in my BOI account but I don't want to fly home with the cash as I'm afraid of losing it.

Any advice for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Have you an account in the country you're travelling from? If so, lodge and transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Have you an account in the country you're travelling from? If so, lodge and transfer?
    I personally don't have an account here but I have family here that do.

Would this not incurr significant charges though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

We would advise that you lodge the cash into an account over there and do an electronic transfer.

Yes there would be fees, the sending bank would be able to advise you of these before you make the transfer to your BOI account.

This would be safer than carrying that amount of cash.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement