Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should the Ray Darcy show be axed from rte television ?

• 14-09-2017 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Not only do I think it should be axed, I think whoever commissioned it should be put in prison.

Should the Ray Darcy show be axed ? 82 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No, it's grand
    100% 82 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I'd go one step further and axe Ray Darcy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

First you wanted Matt Cooper dumped, now you want Ray gone too

But yeah ray should be fired, out of a cannon into the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

It won't be axed as long as RTE are satisfied with the viewing figures. And that's a fact.

I voted Yes, mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Basal

It won't be axed as long as RTE are satisfied with the viewing figures. And that's a fact.

I voted Yes, mind.

But it has less viewers than the Saturday night show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

It's definitely time to give 'The Big Fella' from Cork back his Saturday Night slot.

RTÉ seriously messed up when they axed his show, it was achieving excellent viewership figures, even passing out the Late Late Show on occasions.

2015-02-12_opi_6923999_I1.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

It's definitely time to give 'The Big Fella' from Cork back his Saturday Night slot.

RTÉ seriously messed up when they axed his show, it was achieving excellent viewership figures, even passing out the Late Late Show on occasions.

But that show was shocking bad too...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Much as I can't stand Ray, Brendan is worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

Only 8 days to wait. He's back on Saturday 23rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I thought BoC was decent. He knows the idea of a chatshow on RTE's budget, with RTE's pulling power is a bit ridiculous and he makes the best of what he's working with. The American style monologue at the start was a shocker alright, but some interviews were good, Noel Gallagher for one springs to mind. Well able to banter with him and didn't come across like a starstruck sycophant as Tubridy always does.

The key problem for all RTE chatshows is there just isnt the guestlist to warrant their existence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Agricola wrote: »
    The key problem for all RTE chatshows is there just isnt the guestlist to warrant their existence.

Exactly. The guest list on The Late Late or Ray D'Arcy always seems like a last minute round up from the RTE canteen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Are Twink and Linda Martin guests on Ray D'Darcy every month? Same old same old.

Get rid of it. It's cringeworthy and amateurish in format.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I was thinking of how the work there was has been over George Hook by some, yet to me it was far worse how Ray Darcy treated Pamela Anderson. He treated her as if she was a blonde bimbo, when she is a very intelligent and successful woman.

I don't know why RTE have to keep with an incompetent interviewer who seems to get off on misery and trying to make himself look superior to whoever. They could have got rid of him if they had not used so much of our license money to pay him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Basal

It's so cringe when he shouts"it's Saturday night and we're on the telly" every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Basal wrote: »
    It's so cringe when he shouts"it's Saturday night and we're on the telly" every week.

"It's Saturday night and we're live on the telly"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

He gets paid feck all, so when you average it out over the year he's costing us very little for his "talents".

So keep him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

He gets paid feck all, so when you average it out over the year he's costing us very little for his "talents".

So keep him.

What're you smoking? Ray D'Arcy is on €400,000.

I agree it should be axed. It got slightly better from the circus it was first in credit to D'Arcy. Instead of struggling on I think he should quit while he's... "ahead", go back to whatever crazy people that listen to in his little corner on 2FM and leave the rest of us alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

What're you smoking? Ray D'Arcy is on €400,000.

Sarcasm.

Marlboro lights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

At this stage they should probably just get rid of the saturday night live show completely. The dont get the guests, it's pretty much the same guests that D'Arcy has on his radio show... And it's not like he adds anything to the interviews that make the show any more interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

At this stage they should probably just get rid of the saturday night live show completely. The dont get the guests, it's pretty much the same guests that D'Arcy has on his radio show... And it's not like he adds anything to the interviews that make the show any more interesting.

I think they should keep the show, just have a different presenter.

From the top of my head, I'd say somebody like, oh I don't know, Brendan O'Connor.

The show doesn't even have to have a fancy title, just something along the lines of 'The Saturday Night Show' will do.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

There simply isn't the traffic these days to have two chat shows on RTE two nights running. Put the resources into one programme, get decent guests on it and try to do something innovative on a Saturday night instead.

But I fear that won't happen as the Ray D'Arcy Show is cheap, easy to produce TV that's perfect for people in RTE who dont really care.

The LLS could move towards what it was, but so long as a frightened lightweight like Tubridy is doing it, it'll die a slow death.

When you look at that Twitter account from the RTE producer over the past few days, you don't wonder why RTE are where they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Lest we forget, RTE axed the Saturday Night Show out of panic after seeing it overtake the LLS in the ratings. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As far as they're concerned, Tubs and the LLS are supposed to be the main attractions, not the Saturday show. And by replacing the SNS with something that's just as misery-laden as the LLS, has a less likeable host than Brendan, and also has a terribly unimaginative title, they've made sure that the Saturday show won't out-rate Tubs and the LLS again for a long time. :rolleyes:

Advertisement