Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid Direct Debit

Options
  • 14-09-2017 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I had a direct debit due to be taken on Friday and I transferred money into the account but it didn't clear in time. How long before there is another attempt to takethe direct debit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi sosyourface,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

Can you please clarify is the direct debit due to be debited today?

If so and you have lodged funds in the direct debit will present again as you have up to 4 O'clock the day the direct debit is debited to credit your account with funds to cover it.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

Hi sosyourface,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

Can you please clarify is the direct debit due to be debited today?

If so and you have lodged funds in the direct debit will present again as you have up to 4 O'clock the day the direct debit is debited to credit your account with funds to cover it.

Thanks,

Kareana

No, it was due to be paid LAST friday, but the funds did not clear in my account on time so there was not enough money to pay the DD.

Will there be another attempt to take the DD from my account, and if so when will this happen?

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi sosyourface, 

Thanks for your reply.

If it was last Friday and the direct debit went unpaid you should be able to see a unpaid fee of €12.70 on your account.

This would indicate that the DD didn't go through therefore you would need to contact the retailer and arrange another source of payment for last week .

Thanks,

Kareana  

Advertisement