Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

tgdaly wrote: »
    I've my exam for stage 2 scheduled for Friday morning, and the whole weather situation is starting to worry me a bit. Do people think there's much risk of this being postponed?

As Starlady says, give them a ring on Thursday. They are quite flexible. The day I did my Stage 2 test there were 2 people there who had arrived on the wrong day and they let them take the test then instead.

I would imagine if it snows and you can't make it they will just allow you to take it a different day.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Starlady7

Just found out earlier my interview is next Tuesday, oom 363. Very glad to be called but a bit nervous. Anyway fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone doing the interview xx.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭isabella5

also found out i have been called to an interview on the 8th. OOM 307

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Did my stage two Assessment test yesterday. Twas grand. One of the maths questions was a little hinky for me, think it was a percentages one, but other than that I was happy. Worst part was sitting around twiddling my thumbs when I was finished waiting on everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Killester1

Well done. I’m sure you are glad it’s over. Mine was cancelled due to weather 🙄. Can I ask you how it compared with the familiarisation questions in public jobs site? Was it harder/easier?? Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cornel08biz

Hi guys
    I ve received the invitation for the interview. Oom about 400. Can t really get references from the current employer cause they only give a standard hr reference. But i hve good ones from other employers. I can get a reference from someone that i work with but it wouldn t be my direct manager. Anyone facing the same problem ?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Killester1 wrote: »
    Well done. I’m sure you are glad it’s over. Mine was cancelled due to weather ��. Can I ask you how it compared with the familiarisation questions in public jobs site? Was it harder/easier?? Tks

Pretty much on par really I found. I think the time goes quicker than you think though

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

Hi guys
    I ve received the invitation for the interview. Oom about 400. Can t really get references from the current employer cause they only give a standard hr reference. But i hve good ones from other employers. I can get a reference from someone that i work with but it wouldn t be my direct manager. Anyone facing the same problem ?

Thanks

Wouldn’t worry about that at this stage. They ask for 3 references but only contact 1 in the end and only after you’ve been offered a placement. Good luck with your interview!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

I got word last week that I passed the interview too which I’m delighted with, my OOM is 35 just wondering when roughly do you think they will be placing people?

• Advertisement

Congratulations. They said that they will be starting latest in June , But could be earlier... How was the interview ? Did you find it difficult ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

June would be earlier than I expected so hopefully that’s the case, to be honest the interview was tougher than I expected and I did very little prep for it but if you have example for each competency you will be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 17 thebeertalking

Hi Claireyy,
    Congratulations on the job! Hope it's going well for you. Just wondering, were you on the 2016 panel? I'm in the first 100 of batch 1.1. Thanks!
    Claireyy wrote: »
    My interview was the 1st of Dec, they were quick with telling me that I passed, think it was exactly one week later, the 8th. Got offered placement on the 29th January, and then was offered a start date the following week. They gave me a choice, I had exactly 3 weeks notice between getting my start date and actually starting. I was placed with Justice but wasn’t told my Dept until a few days before I started, apparently this is normal procedure. Hope this helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rachaelworld

So I called the clearing section again today to see if there was any update around time estimates for placement and he said they wouldn't be finished using the 2016 panel until April or May so only then will they start with the 2017 panel. He said that OOM number has very little to do with how many people are ahead of you and he can't tell us for definite how many are ahead until they actually start using the panel. It's not much new but I thought I'd pass it on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 peatsee

So I called the clearing section again today to see if there was any update around time estimates for placement and he said they wouldn't be finished using the 2016 panel until April or May so only then will they start with the 2017 panel. He said that OOM number has very little to do with how many people are ahead of you and he can't tell us for definite how many are ahead until they actually start using the panel. It's not much new but I thought I'd pass it on anyway.

Did they give any indication as to how they will decide on the order people will be called because they did say the interview was pass/fail and wouldn't have any effect on your oom

Hi Claireyy,
    Congratulations on the job! Hope it's going well for you. Just wondering, were you on the 2016 panel? I'm in the first 100 of batch 1.1. Thanks!

Yes I was! Batch 11, only started with Justice in Feb! If I can help with anything, let me know! :)

• Advertisement

Anyone have the email handy? Need to tell them I won’t be attending interview!

Hi, so I did my interview today. It went fairly well I think. As others have mentioned the interviewers are lovely and do their best to put you at your ease. It wasn't bad at all, the competency questions were fairly standard like- "what do you feel is your greatest work achievement? " and "did you ever work with a difficult colleague. .and what happened...what did you do in the situation? " for example. Best to have examples of the each competency prepared and be prepared to talk about anything on your form as they may ask about college or leisure pursuits as well if they're on the form. Now the wait for the results! 😮.....:)

I'd be interested to hear from people who did not pass their interview

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rachaelworld

peatsee wrote: »
    Did they give any indication as to how they will decide on the order people will be called because they did say the interview was pass/fail and wouldn't have any effect on your oom

Sorry I just saw this, no they didn't but I didn't think to ask, I just assumed it would be according to OOM

Hi Guys ,
    Went for the interview last week... I'm quite nervous about the result... How long does it take to get the result?
    Did everyone pass ?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Throwdown

Fair play to everyone who passed the interview and who are giving interview advice, will definitely pass on tips once I've done mine.

I'm in the mid-600's in Batch 1, anyone close to that get their interviews dates yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Cazita

Throwdown wrote: »
    Fair play to everyone who passed the interview and who are giving interview advice, will definitely pass on tips once I've done mine.

I'm in the mid-600's in Batch 1, anyone close to that get their interviews dates yet??

Hi My OOM was 530 batch 1 and I had my interview today. Was very very nervous. Hope it went ok but even after preparing my mind still went blank a few times. Fingers crossed. Glad that bits over.

Cazita wrote: »
    Hi My OOM was 530 batch 1 and I had my interview today. Was very very nervous. Hope it went ok but even after preparing my mind still went blank a few times. Fingers crossed. Glad that bits over.

Oh wow, you're very close to my OOM so I'd imagine mine will be sooner rather than later. I'm already instantly nervous haha.

Congratulations for getting it done anyway, fingers crossed for you. If you don't mind me asking while it's fresh in your memory, what questions were you asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Cazita

Oh wow, you're very close to my OOM so I'd imagine mine will be sooner rather than later. I'm already instantly nervous haha.

Congratulations for getting it done anyway, fingers crossed for you. If you don't mind me asking while it's fresh in your memory, what questions were you asked?

When I went in first they went through my application form that I had to fill out. From what I did after school which was 23 years ago through to my first few jobs and any college, courses I did. They then skipped the years in the middle and asked about my more recent employments. I’ve been on a career break bringing up my two children but have done the TCO the last 2 years so they asked about that. There were 2 interviewers and they split the competencies they sent you in the familiarisation material between them. Delivery of Results, teamwork, customer service, drive and commitment and special knowledge, expertise and self development. They also asked about how I had overcome any difficulties in previous jobs. You have to give examples in all of the above from previous employment. What threw me st the end was after preparing for all that they asked me at the end what else I could bring to the job and I went blank after learning answers for all the rest so make sure you have an answer ready for that too. I was very very nervous but they were both very nice. The interview is 30 minuets and it’s timed they don’t go over. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

I'm in the mid-600's in Batch 1, anyone close to that get their interviews dates yet??[/QUOTE]

I'm 620 so I'll give you a shout when I hear...... feeling very nervous about the interview but fingers crossed it all goes to plan. I did a stint as TCO last summer and was assured by my manager that when sitting these interviews, the interviewers WANT you to pass, so they are not there to try and catch you out, which should make us feel a bit clamer (but it's not working for me at this minute!). Best of luck ;)

Cazita wrote: »
    When I went in first they went through my application form that I had to fill out. From what I did after school which was 23 years ago through to my first few jobs and any college, courses I did. They then skipped the years in the middle and asked about my more recent employments. I’ve been on a career break bringing up my two children but have done the TCO the last 2 years so they asked about that. There were 2 interviewers and they split the competencies they sent you in the familiarisation material between them. Delivery of Results, teamwork, customer service, drive and commitment and special knowledge, expertise and self development. They also asked about how I had overcome any difficulties in previous jobs. You have to give examples in all of the above from previous employment. What threw me st the end was after preparing for all that they asked me at the end what else I could bring to the job and I went blank after learning answers for all the rest so make sure you have an answer ready for that too. I was very very nervous but they were both very nice. The interview is 30 minuets and it’s timed they don’t go over. Hope this helps.

Thanks a mill for the info :) best of luck!

et101 wrote: »
    I'm 620 so I'll give you a shout when I hear...... feeling very nervous about the interview but fingers crossed it all goes to plan. I did a stint as TCO last summer and was assured by my manager that when sitting these interviews, the interviewers WANT you to pass, so they are not there to try and catch you out, which should make us feel a bit clamer (but it's not working for me at this minute!). Best of luck ;)

Yeah my friend said the same, it does make me feel a bit calmer but still nervous! I've been trying to think of examples from college for the competencies but it was so long ago. Would prefer to talk about something other than my current position.

Yeah my friend said the same, it does make me feel a bit calmer but still nervous! I've been trying to think of examples from college for the competencies but it was so long ago. Would prefer to talk about something other than my current position.

I had been at home raising kids for the previous 23 years so you can imagine how redundant I felt but managed to get the tco position and did grand at it. So do not think that any skills or experience you have is not relevant. Wish I could feel that positive myself but best for forward and all that. Do your prep and you'll do great

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Keara73

I have my interview tomorrow and I'm shaking. I am batch one oom 548. Does that mean even if I get through to panel (unlikely) that I'm number 548....stupid question probably but my anxiety is getting so bad I'm wondering why I'm doing this at all!

Keara73 wrote: »
    I have my interview tomorrow and I'm shaking. I am batch one oom 548. Does that mean even if I get through to panel (unlikely) that I'm number 548....stupid question probably but my anxiety is getting so bad I'm wondering why I'm doing this at all!

Hi Keara,
    You'll be fine tomorrow, please don't get too stressed about it. I know what you mean though as I was a bit nervous before my interview last week. But in the end it was grand. The interviewers were really lovely and warm and do their best to put you at your ease. Yes it is a formal interview but the questions they ask were fairly gentle if that makes sense? They are not trying to catch you out. Have some examples of the competencies ready and always remember that they will be asking about YOUR experience at all times even if you are discussing teamwork etc. Have a look back through the thread here to see some of the kinds of questions that were asked as I found that a great help myself.
    You will be fine tomorrow and best of luck with it! Let us know how you get on. 😇

• Advertisement

Starlady7 wrote: »
    Hi Keara,
    You'll be fine tomorrow, please don't get too stressed about it. I know what you mean though as I was a bit nervous before my interview last week. But in the end it was grand. The interviewers were really lovely and warm and do their best to put you at your ease. Yes it is a formal interview but the questions they ask were fairly gentle if that makes sense? They are not trying to catch you out. Have some examples of the competencies ready and always remember that they will be asking about YOUR experience at all times even if you are discussing teamwork etc. Have a look back through the thread here to see some of the kinds of questions that were asked as I found that a great help myself.
    You will be fine tomorrow and best of luck with it! Let us know how you get on. 😇

I'll post tomorrow if I can hold my phone.
    I'm so tense now I'm afraid my neck will go into spasm lol.

I'll post tomorrow if I can hold my phone.
    I'm so tense now I'm afraid my neck will go into spasm lol.

Sending you positive vibes! :)

Sending you positive vibes! :)

Okaaay
    So that was awful and I was so anxious I cried. They were lovely I'm just useless at interview

Okaaay
    So that was awful and I was so anxious I cried. They were lovely I'm just useless at interview

Ah I'm sure you did ok though. They have to take into account that people are nervous in interviews, it's only human. How did you find the questions? Xx

Ah I'm sure you did ok though. They have to take into account that people are nervous in interviews, it's only human. How did you find the questions? Xx

They were just as everyone had said. I had practised my answers but my mind just melted.
    Anyone with half a brain could answer.

They were just as everyone had said. I had practised my answers but my mind just melted.
    Anyone with half a brain could answer.

I'd say you are just being really hard on yourself! Some of my answers didn't go as well as they could have but I think most people will say the same if they're being honest. Don't let it upset you xx.

I'd say you are just being really hard on yourself! Some of my answers didn't go as well as they could have but I think most people will say the same if they're being honest. Don't let it upset you xx.

I'm not being modest lol. I really just melted. I could barely remember my own name.
    They were lovely, it was very gentle, I'm just not any good at thinking on the spot. Which obviously is a skill most employers look for lol.
    Thanks for support and best of luck to everyone xx
    Good luck keeping the country running.

I'm not being modest lol. I really just melted. I could barely remember my own name.
    They were lovely, it was very gentle, I'm just not any good at thinking on the spot. Which obviously is a skill most employers look for lol.
    Thanks for support and best of luck to everyone xx
    Good luck keeping the country running.

Sure we'll see when the results are out, I hope we find out soon...waiting is not easy! Good luck to all of us and welcome re the support xx.

Does anybody know how long does it take to get the results ?
    They said 2 weeks , but i heard that some people received it sooner than that ?

• Advertisement

Does anybody know how long does it take to get the results ?
    They said 2 weeks , but i heard that some people received it sooner than that ?

I'm wondering the same thing myself....

I'm wondering the same thing myself....

Mine was 10 days later but it just depends. Others took two and three weeks. You get notified either way whether you pass or fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hopefully up

Okaaay
    So that was awful and I was so anxious I cried. They were lovely I'm just useless at interview[

Keara

So sorry that you suffered like that. Really they only want you to give an answer that allows them to tick a box. There are lots of vacancies that have to be filled. If you didn’t give the box ticking answers and you don’t get the job do not despair. Just do a practice interview with a coach before your next interview. You should find someone to do that for about €150 or you may be able to access it free by searching online.
    This is not a judgment on you personally! It’s just a matter of preparation as you would do for anything else. I’m sure you’d be great in this job and I hope that you get it if it’s what you want.
    I’m not sure how my own interview went. I was probably talking too much but maybe not saying the right things to allow them to tick the boxes. I’m not really sure if this job is for me! Well we will see. ....

Okaaay

Ah no, been there and done that and once those nerves kick in it's very hard to control the situation. I've no doubt that they will take your extreme nerves into consideration. Fingers crossed it will all be fine. Don't be too hard on yourself cos hopefully it will all work out. Feel for you I really do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hopefully up

Can anyone who has started tell us what the job is like?
    What are you doing? Are your colleagues helpful?

Anyone got the results for the interview last week?
    Tkx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 DPB74

No, I haven't heard anything and my interview was just over two weeks ago, I hope I passed, I felt the interview went ok on the day but you never know. Fingers and toes crossed at this point.

My interview the 8th and still haven't heard back

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tigerwoods

What is the highest OOM that has been called for interview so far as I am trying to gauge when they will get to my OOM.Also it looks like the 2016 panel is closing soon based on the comments for 2016 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Birdy25

548 is the highest I have seen in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DPB74

Just got a message on my publicjobs account, "I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying standard at interview" I am delighted to have passed. Good luck to everyone with their results.

• Advertisement
Advertisement