Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

So I got a call earlier to say they’ve reached my number (Batch 2, OOM 60’s) and that I’m going to Dept of Justice(not AGS, the department itself). Was kinda hoping for Revenue but happy enough. Only thing is that extra layer of Garda Vetting will take an age as others have pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lornzzz

Just got the email to say starting in store street 10 am monday , anyone else starting then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Leela82

Lornzzz wrote: »
    Just got the email to say starting in store street 10 am monday , anyone else starting then ?

You only got a few days notice? Oh my nerves! What oom are you?

Batch 1 - 295. so been waiting quite a while .

I’m 870 and for the guards too. Best of luck on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EllG

Congrats on finally getting a start date!! When did they contact your references do you remember?

EllG wrote: »
    Congrats on finally getting a start date!! When did they contact your references do you remember?
    It was months back maybe around April , then heard nothing for ages , then got an email a week or two ago about references again asking for another but i didn't have any others then the two I gave , and then a week ago got a call from garda hr and then email today about starting Monday.

It was months back maybe around April , then heard nothing for ages , then got an email a week or two ago about references again asking for another but i didn't have any others then the two I gave , and then a week ago got a call from garda hr and then email today about starting Monday.

Theyve already contacted my current reference a week ago i hope they dont leave me that long as it will most definetely get very awkward in work. Were you in the same situation?

Do you think they took where you live into consideration when placing you? Is it handy due u to get to?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

Just completed my garda vetting form. My passport has expired and I can't find it so I assume I didn't need to provide my passport no in this case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Keara73

I'm starting in civil law reform on Monday 19th, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

So I got a call earlier to say they’ve reached my number (Batch 2, OOM 60’s) and that I’m going to Dept of Justice(not AGS, the department itself). Was kinda hoping for Revenue but happy enough. Only thing is that extra layer of Garda Vetting will take an age as others have pointed out.

The extra vetting for Justice is not the same as for AGS. It just takes a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭babyboom

I'm ashamed to say I had to leave after just a few days as the commute just wasn't going to work for me. It was working out at a minimum of 1hr 10 up to 1hr 40 each way which just wasn't feasible for our circumstances. I'm gutted, especially after having gone through such a long process. I'm glad I went for it but I do wish they would take location into account when allocating positions. I found this forum very helpful and I wish everyone the best of luck in their new positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭only girl

babyboom wrote: »
    I'm ashamed to say I had to leave after just a few days as the commute just wasn't going to work for me. It was working out at a minimum of 1hr 10 up to 1hr 40 each way which just wasn't feasible for our circumstances. I'm gutted, especially after having gone through such a long process. I'm glad I went for it but I do wish they would take location into account when allocating positions. I found this forum very helpful and I wish everyone the best of luck in their new positions.
    Ah Babyboom I'm so sorry to hear this. It must have been a terrible few days for you having to make that decision.
    It is my worst fear going into this that I'll be giving up my current job to travel half way across the county to get to work every day.
    I am on the verge of being offered somewhere.
    Best of luck to you in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭tgdaly

I got an email this morning to say they'd reached my number (I'm batch 2 in the 30s)

No indication of what location or department they had for me though, is this normal? They just asked was it ok to check my reference

only girl wrote: »
    Ah Babyboom I'm so sorry to hear this. It must have been a terrible few days for you having to make that decision.
    It is my worst fear going into this that I'll be giving up my current job to travel half way across the county to get to work every day.
    I am on the verge of being offered somewhere.
    Best of luck to you in the future.

Thanks only girl. I've done a lot of crying this week but it's the right decision in the end. If I was younger and the other half was working different hours it may have worked. Best of luck to you. I hope you get somewhere that suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭dub70

Babyboom you should talk to your heo and see if anything can be done

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

Ah no, sorry to hear this. It didnt work out for reasons out of your control so try not to feel so bad. I know a its such a long process but maybe you could reapply when it opens up again next year? You might get placed in a better location if your successful again. Best of luck whatever you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paperhelper

Thanks only girl. I've done a lot of crying this week but it's the right decision in the end. If I was younger and the other half was working different hours it may have worked. Best of luck to you. I hope you get somewhere that suits you.

So sorry to hear this... I live in Balbriggan and to be honest the south side would be out for me so I hope they don't place me there. Can I ask where roughly they sent you to ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Ber25 wrote: »
    Just completed my garda vetting form. My passport has expired and I can't find it so I assume I didn't need to provide my passport no in this case?

My passport was out of date so I just left that part blank and I stated in store Street six weeks ago so don't worry about that it will be fine. Best of luck 🀞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

I was in store Street as tco for five months this year and it was grand. Busy and slightly chaotic but it was fine. They have a decent enough canteen too which is quite handy..... Best of luck 🀞

So sorry to hear this... I live in Balbriggan and to be honest the south side would be out for me so I hope they don't place me there. Can I ask where roughly they sent you to ?

I was on Infirmary Road beside the Phoenix Park so it was either a train and Luas or drive in. Car broke down on first day and isn't reliable anyway so I was looking at a long journey.

I was on Infirmary Road beside the Phoenix Park so it was either a train and Luas or drive in. Car broke down on first day and isn't reliable anyway so I was looking at a long journey.

So you lived roughly where sorry to ask just trying to figure out what they might do.

et101 wrote: »
    My passport was out of date so I just left that part blank and I stated in store Street six weeks ago so don't worry about that it will be fine. Best of luck 🀞

How are you enjoying working with the guards?

So you lived roughly where sorry to ask just trying to figure out what they might do.

Donabate

• Advertisement

Donabate

Yeah could see that would be hard ... Hope they don't send me there.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

Waiting for start date. How much notice do they normalky give u? I have to give 2 weeks notice in my current job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sarah813

Ciao Belle wrote: »
    I'm so frustrated at this stage, am in top 50 and got assigned to AGS in May. I went through special garda vetting which came through in October and am now in clearance with PAS....my brother was in 600s and has been working since September in diff Dept.

Anyone started work with AGS yet..?

Wow that’s really long, I thought I’d been waiting a while having been placed early July with the guards! I’ve emailed the evetting hr address a couple of times, they don’t seem to say much except tell me how far along the process is, but it could be worth a try emailing them, rather than PAS. The whole thing is either being delayed and slowing down as more people are assigned to the guards, or it’s just that much of a mess. 😂

Ber25 wrote: »
    Waiting for start date. How much notice do they normalky give u? I have to give 2 weeks notice in my current job.

For the tcos they usually would only give one week so I would hope permanent cos get two before starting, but who knows? I think you’d be fine just so long as you tell them that your current job requires two weeks notice before you leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Loveache

Surely it must be more though too? There will be people who'll have to work a month's notice. Can anyone who's started say how much notice they got and how much room they had to adjust it according to their circumstances?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Loveache wrote: »
    Surely it must be more though too? There will be people who'll have to work a month's notice. Can anyone who's started say how much notice they got and how much room they had to adjust it according to their circumstances?

I was offered a position from this panel and from 2016 panel, was given a months notice in both positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RoseSoap

When your oom comes up, do PAS take into account your current circumstance? For example, they would want to call my current employer for a reference and when I explain this to employer, I would feel obliged to give my month's notice there and then, hoping to get a start date within that month. Am I being optimistic? As somone put it earlier, it could get very awkward if my employer is called for a reference and I'm still there 2-3 months later waiting for a start date!!

RoseSoap wrote: »
    When your oom comes up, do PAS take into account your current circumstance? For example, they would want to call my current employer for a reference and when I explain this to employer, I would feel obliged to give my month's notice there and then, hoping to get a start date within that month. Am I being optimistic? As somone put it earlier, it could get very awkward if my employer is called for a reference and I'm still there 2-3 months later waiting for a start date!!

This is exactly what I'm afraid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭CMR23

This is exactly what I'm afraid of.

I don't have personal experience of this as am waiting at the moment for EO campaign. But I have read numerous times that this does unfortunately happen. Many people have said their references were checked, position offered vetting begins and it is long after the one month mark that they ever get placed. It has caused a lot of distress for people. Sorry to say again this is just what I have been reading. And people really calling on PAS to better streamline these stages so as to not keep people in upset situations with current employers.

Im in this situation myself at the moment its awful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RoseSoap

Im in this situation myself at the moment its awful :(

Oh dear! The outlook is not positive! How long are you waiting since your references have been contacted, EIIG?
    Worse case scenario, I may need to reach out to a few temp agencies

Oh dear! The outlook is not positive! How long are you waiting since your references have been contacted, EIIG?
    Worse case scenario, I may need to reach out to a few temp agencies

Only about a week and a half but im panicking with how long everyone else seems to be waiting after references are checked

I sent off my garda vetting on Saturday through the link received by email. She said once this comes back she'd contact my reference. Surely I wouldn't be waiting much longer after that to be place?
    I won't be able to attend my Christmas party now and will hardly be getting my bonus either. This job better be worth all this bloody hassle!

My references were called 2 weeks ago and I’ve just been sent another vetting email. I’ve already done the extra vetting for the guards. Anyone get another on top of that?

Leela82 wrote: »
    My references were called 2 weeks ago and I’ve just been sent another vetting email. I’ve already done the extra vetting for the guards. Anyone get another on top of that?

I got another one too but that was sent to me about a month ago

• Advertisement

I got another one too but that was sent to me about a month ago

Eiig, how long after clearance did pas contact you? I emailed garda hr about my vetting. They came back fairly quick to let me know that its a 3 stage process and my application is in stage 3. Haven't had a call from pas yet about contacting references hoping that will happen soon. Keep us posted on your progress

dub70 wrote: »
    Eiig, how long after clearance did pas contact you? I emailed garda hr about my vetting. They came back fairly quick to let me know that its a 3 stage process and my application is in stage 3. Haven't had a call from pas yet about contacting references hoping that will happen soon. Keep us posted on your progress

Pas contacted me once the extra garda vetting was done which was 2 weeks ago im batch 1 early 900s. And about two weeks before that i got another garda vetting form which was completed today. I actually emailed them a few hours ago to ask for a start date/ location and they said i should hear tomorrow. Hope this helps!

How was your first day?

Pas contacted me once the extra garda vetting was done which was 2 weeks ago im batch 1 early 900s. And about two weeks before that i got another garda vetting form which was completed today. I actually emailed them a few hours ago to ask for a start date/ location and they said i should hear tomorrow. Hope this helps!

Oh wow cos I’m oom 870 so maybe we’ll all hear tomorrow?

Im early 900's as well. 12 weeks now since vetting was submitted. When you think of it it's been a year now since the competition closed and we are all still waiting. You never know i might get a call this week

Im early 900's as well. 12 weeks now since vetting was submitted. When you think of it it's been a year now since the competition closed and we are all still waiting. You never know i might get a call this week

dub70, was your current employer contacted 12 weeks ago? I am 900s also and just sent off my 1st vetting on Saturday. I'm worried they'll call my manager and I'll be left waiting into the new year in limbo

dub70, was your current employer contacted 12 weeks ago? I am 900s also and just sent off my 1st vetting on Saturday. I'm worried they'll call my manager and I'll be left waiting into the new year in limbo

No 12 weeks since i submitted vetting form. Is this your extra clearance you sent off? You would think if we are all goung to work for the guards they would clear us all promptly

No 12 weeks since i submitted vetting form. Is this your extra clearance you sent off? You would think if we are all goung to work for the guards they would clear us all promptly
    This is the first vetting form I've sent, through an email link. I haven't been told where I'm being placed. She said she'd be contacting my reference once this comes back and apparently the regular vetting only takes a week or so.

Oh wow cos I’m oom 870 so maybe we’ll all hear tomorrow?

Im keeping my fingers crossed 😂

• Advertisement

How many vetting forms total have they had you do then??

Advertisement