Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Leela82

Ciao Belle wrote: »
    Finally got my message yesterday to say I have been assigned to AGS...

How long after this message did you hear from AGS Personnel directly...

Congrats! Just a day or 2. Where are you Hoping to get placed?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ciao Belle

Leela82 wrote: »
    Congrats! Just a day or 2. Where are you Hoping to get placed?

Thanks! Hoping for North side, HQ in Phoenix Park or city centre...south side be a serious struggle...where did you end up?

Thanks! Hoping for North side, HQ in Phoenix Park or city centre...south side be a serious struggle...where did you end up?

She hasn’t come back to yet she was checking locations for me. Yeah actually I never mentioned the Phoenix park to her that would be handy too

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alchemy_

Way behind a lot of you but I got the email today to say I passed the interview and just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here for their advice and tips it was really helpful. Good luck to everyone !

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Alchemy_ wrote: »
    Way behind a lot of you but I got the email today to say I passed the interview and just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here for their advice and tips it was really helpful. Good luck to everyone !

Me too, it will be a long wait. Although the guy at my interview mentioned there are an awful lot of roles. I imagine if they are interviewing batch 4 then that is good for the previous batches

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paperhelper

So just to let you know I called PAS today who said they are at the 190s in batch 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Have my test near the end the month im in batch 6.

If i pass the test i might hear back before my 40th birthday :pac:

One my best mates works as a clerical officer in the building at the Jervis luas stop took him years to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 frezabelle

Me too, just got the email today. I only had my interview last week, are you the same? Dare I say they seem to be moving quicker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭trudy2222

Me too, well done!

• Advertisement

She hasn’t come back to yet she was checking locations for me. Yeah actually I never mentioned the Phoenix park to her that would be handy too

They rang this evening and offered me HQ in Phoenix Park which is perfect location...😀

Not sure what HQ us like to work in though..any ideas?

They rang this evening and offered me HQ in Phoenix Park which is perfect location...😀

Not sure what HQ us like to work in though..any ideas?

Oh congratulations!!! Did she give you an option or just tell you that’s where u we’re going?
    I haven’t heard anything about it but I’d say it would be good

Oh congratulations!!! Did she give you an option or just tell you that’s where u we’re going?
    I haven’t heard anything about it but I’d say it would be good

Thanks...she just said they had an opening there and I didn't ask about other options because I was delighted...

Option to start asap or after Christmas...

Thanks...she just said they had an opening there and I didn't ask about other options because I was delighted...

Option to start asap or after Christmas...

Brilliant! If she calls me and says there’s no spots in santry I’ll ask about Phoenix park too, would suit better than store street

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭afterhours

Are you able to "pass" if you got Garda offices? I was told you could?

afterhours wrote: »

I don't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭afterhours

I don't think so.

My mates who work in the government told me you can! hrmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Loveache

I don't think so.

What does 'pass' mean here?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Loveache wrote: »
    What does 'pass' mean here?

As in to refuse and request another department instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

afterhours wrote: »

I was told if I turned it down then I would be off the panel (this was 2016 CO comp)

So just to let you know I called PAS today who said they are at the 190s in batch 2.

Yep buts really only because of NSSO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Lenamagda

Hi just to let u know I'm batch2 230 had got a phone call today asking if I they can call my last referee and if i could get letter from social warfare to confirm my last few months of unemployment. The thing is they didn't offer me any department yet so is this normal practice coz it's seems to me that everyone was getting email with dep first and then asking for referees etc. Also I know someone who is close to my no and got phone call with offer to people point but had to refuse. There was no option of another dep.

Lenamagda wrote: »
    Hi just to let u know I'm batch2 230 had got a phone call today asking if I they can call my last referee and if i could get letter from social warfare to confirm my last few months of unemployment. The thing is they didn't offer me any department yet so is this normal practice coz it's seems to me that everyone was getting email with dep first and then asking for referees etc. Also I know someone who is close to my no and got phone call with offer to people point but had to refuse. There was no option of another dep.

I got offered people point by email but turned it down I am stii on the general Dublin panel.

I got offered people point by email but turned it down I am stii on the general Dublin panel.

Its seems that there is no one rule to everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Its seems that there is no one rule to everyone.

I think people are allowed turn down people point because it was a separate option to apply there.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jobseeker2018

I got a call from PAS yesterday and they have reached my OOM. I'm batch 2.2 oom 232. Need references checked and vetting done. Will prob be after Christmas before I start as it will give time for everything to be checked.

Good luck to all those still waiting ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

I got a call from PAS yesterday and they have reached my OOM. I'm batch 2.2 oom 232. Need references checked and vetting done. Will prob be after Christmas before I start as it will give time for everything to be checked.

Good luck to all those still waiting ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Can I just ask did they offer you a dept or NSSO?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

NSSO is offered separately. I was offered NSSO and turned it down. They then said they'd be in contact when my number came up in the full panel. I know someone who was only a few before me who got called for their referees so fingers crossed I'll get called tomorrow.

Can I just ask did they offer you a dept or NSSO?

Offered nothing until references and vetting checks out. I didn't pick NSSO anyway so shouldn't be offered it. I did work as a TCO in Justice for 18 months so will see where I'm offered hopefully somewhere on a train or bus route.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 V_moore

Rang clearance today inquiring, I am Batch 2.2 number 201, she said she was going to give me a call in the next day or two but as I was on the phone she gave me some details and said she would be sending me an email. she thinks I am going to the courts, any one have any idea what that will be like?

I wonder how many PAS get through in a week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EllG

Does anyone know what its like to work for the guards in dublin castle?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭only girl

I'm batch 1.6 oom 930 and although I've been contacted by pas and vetting is complete as of today, I'm completely in the dark as to where I'm going. All this waiting is driving me mad and if they contact my reference before Christmas it's going to be a very uncomfortable few weeks.

Got my call this morning. No department yet. Just to do vetting and a medical clearance form then they'll contact my referee. Batch 2 number 290

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RoseSoap

hdowney wrote: »
    Got my call this morning. No department yet. Just to do vetting and a medical clearance form then they'll contact my referee. Batch 2 number 290

Good stuff! They're moving fast, I'm a few ooms after you and received the vetting form on Saturday which I sent off Sunday. I haven't spoken to anyone yet. I wonder if that's normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RedLucozade

Does anybody know how many people are in Batch 2?

I know there was around 1000 people in batch 1 but that couldn't be consistent throughout.

Is anyone here in the 3 or 400's or higher in Batch 2?

Does anybody know how many people are in Batch 2?

I know there was around 1000 people in batch 1 but that couldn't be consistent throughout.

Is anyone here in the 3 or 400's or higher in Batch 2?

1000 In batch 2. I am 315 and hoping to here soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 doawheelie2020

I think it's only 400 batch 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

EllG wrote: »
    Does anyone know what its like to work for the guards in dublin castle?
    What hours would you be working with the guards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EllG

Paddy93 wrote: »
    What hours would you be working with the guards ?

I have no idea i presume its the usual 9-5 well i hope so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 dothejoy

Hi guys!

Is anyone here a foreigner or knows of a foreigner who has undergone this whole process?

dothejoy wrote: »
    Hi guys!

Is anyone here a foreigner or knows of a foreigner who has undergone this whole process?

Hi dothejoy,
    I'm not Irish currently waiting for Garda v
    Vetting to be finish and dept assign

I think it's only 400 batch 2.

It's 1000

Flexi time applies with core hours same as any dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SoolsDublin

It's 1000

It's only 400 in batch 2 ..I rang and checked with Pas

hdowney wrote: »

Medical clearance? That's new, never heard of anyone having to go through that and I certainly wasn't told either as I got my call Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭dub70

Im still waiting for extra clearance. Getting fed up now

Hi
    Can anyone tell me what they ask for that extra garda vetting u have to go thru if ure assigned to Garda or justice, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

Hi
    Can anyone tell me what they ask for that extra garda vetting u have to go thru if ure assigned to Garda or justice, thanks

I'm not sure exactly about the sections you have named but in a dept. I worked on TCO i needed security clearance as well as normal vetting the same info but vetted by the Civil service.

Medical clearance? That's new, never heard of anyone having to go through that and I certainly wasn't told either as I got my call Saturday.

Basically I declared my medical condition on the application form, so an additional form needed to be completed for the GMO. Standard stuff. Tick this box if you suffer from x and give more info.
    Mind you there was EVERYTHING on it short of have you ever stubbed your toe!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dothejoy

Hi dothejoy,
    I'm not Irish currently waiting for Garda v
    Vetting to be finish and dept assign

Well, actually I already got my answer, I was wondering whether I'd still have to go through the e-Vetting process, even though I'm sending a police clearance certificate from my own country. An employee replied to me and said that yes, I do. So I'm good, but thanks anyway! Hoping this whole thing goes by quick, I'm excited to move to Dublin. 🙂

• Advertisement
Advertisement