Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Comments

@Riverstown 1:
    I replied to the Garda position but haven't heard anything since. I'm going to the recruitment event on the 23rd. Fingers crossed a job materialises soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Riverstown1

@Riverstown 1:
    I replied to the Garda position but haven't heard anything since. I'm going to the recruitment event on the 23rd. Fingers crossed a job materialises soon

Thanks Sammy. I also applied & haven't heard anything since & just wondering am I the only one 🀔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Loveache wrote: »
    I've got NCBI. Anyone know what it's like to work there?

National Council for the Blind? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KevoS2009

@Riverstown 1:

Best of luck with the application . The application deadline for the recruitment event was for 3pm today to send the relevant information and it was closed earlier in my applications but just checked there and it can be still updated with a date of March 1st on it . The deadline must of been pushed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I still haven't heard from the department I've been assigned to

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ali m

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I still haven't heard from the department I've been assigned to
    Its very slow, I'm still waiting on location, its one of three city centre places but would like to know as supposed to be starting Mon 11th.

ali m wrote:
    Its very slow, I'm still waiting on location, its one of three city centre places but would like to know as supposed to be starting Mon 11th.

Has anyone contacted you at all from your department?

Has anyone contacted you at all from your department?
    Yes after I got my Dept, I got a call from the H.R to say I would be going to one of 3 city centre locations and was told where the 3 are, an email followed and a form I'd to send back with my bank details, start date that suited me etc, I got a reply last monday week to say they were delighted I'd be joining them and would be in touch when I had been assigned to one of the 3 offices, I think I'll ring if I don't hear tomorrow. Have you heard nothing since your email with dept?

ali m wrote:
    Yes after I got my Dept, I got a call from the H.R to say I would be going to one of 3 city centre locations and was told where the 3 are, an email followed and a form I'd to send back with my bank details, start date that suited me etc, I got a reply last monday week to say they were delighted I'd be joining them and would be in touch when I had been assigned to one of the 3 offices, I think I'll ring if I don't hear tomorrow. Have you heard nothing since your email with dept?

Got an email from PAS on Monday with my department but not a word since. I'm wondering should I make contact?

• Advertisement

Got an email from PAS on Monday with my department but not a word since. I'm wondering should I make contact?
    It can't do any harm

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AggieC

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I've been given the three locations and told them I could start 11th March. The last email I received was last Thursday saying the office manager will be in touch when I've been given the exact location. I thought I would hear by the end of this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Nihiyminoy

First time poster but anyway I have my interview this week so I’m just looking for any useful tips or information from somebody that has passed the interview for clerical officer within An Garda Síochána.

Still haven't heard anything from the department I'm going to. The number doesn't work and no reply to the email I sent

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Pickysue

Any idea on when the results of the recent EO exams are out?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SoolsDublin

Hi , i'm just wondering is anyone else still waiting on the extra clearance for the Gardai from just before Christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Kitkat1995

Hi, my boyfriend starts in revenue next monday and was wondering about the dress code?

Kitkat1995 wrote: »
    Hi, my boyfriend starts in revenue next monday and was wondering about the dress code?

Not sure about revenue specifically but shirt and trousers no tie and I'm one of the smarter looking ones. Never hurts to make a good impression.

Hi , i'm just wondering is anyone else still waiting on the extra clearance for the Gardai from just before Christmas?

That's not unusual but it's worth chasing with Garda HR.

Still haven't heard anything from the department I'm going to. The number doesn't work and no reply to the email I sent
    Did you get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 wenji71

My cousin got a placement in Store street social welfare, any idea what its like , do they have a canteen etc?

• Advertisement

ali m wrote:
    Did you get sorted?

I did, thanks. Starting April 1st. When are you starting

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Anyone have any insight into the department of health, what they are like to work for and what the work is like?

I did, thanks. Starting April 1st. When are you starting

Ah thats great, I'm starting on Monday, nervous!

ali m wrote:
    Ah thats great, I'm starting on Monday, nervous!

Best of luck

Best of luck

Thanks! you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Starting my new role on Monday. I'm just wondering having done 6 months in a local authority, would I be eligible for my first increment in August rather than next March?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

tgdaly wrote: »
    Starting my new role on Monday. I'm just wondering having done 6 months in a local authority, would I be eligible for my first increment in August rather than next March?
    Yes you should I got 6 months carried from public service - it won’t count for any promotions though

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

I also had to email people point to sort this

Yeah, I've 6 years previous work as a CO and HR confirmed I can carry it over. I'm delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭trudy2222

Best of luck to everyone starting tomorrow!! I’m so nervous/excited can’t wait to get started and see what I’ll be doing!

• Advertisement

trudy2222 wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone starting tomorrow!! I’m so nervous/excited can’t wait to get started and see what I’ll be doing!

Same here! Hope you have a great day. Best of luck everyone!

Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mammyofgirls

Hi I am sure this has been asked lots of times just can't find it.How long between references been contacted to a job offer

Hi I am sure this has been asked lots of times just can't find it.How long between references been contacted to a job offer

Depends on how quickly they get your references. Once my references were sorted on a Friday I had an email by Monday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mammyofgirls

Depends on how quickly they get your references. Once my references were sorted on a Friday I had an email by Monday evening

Thanks they contacted both of my references one last week and the other today so was just wondering how long it will be before I hear something back

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mumblybum

Does anyone know when the next round of training for Revenue starts? Iv just finished my garda vetting and I'm expecting a call soon. My girlfriend works in Revenue and I really don't want to work there!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

I'm currently a service officer in the civil service. I have applied for career break and it has been approved. I'm after getting called for an interview for a CO. If I'm successful at the interview will I be allowed take my career break ?

Happy St. Patrick’s day everyone!
    I’m after getting called for an interview next Saturday . Very excited and extremely nervous. Has anyone got any tips ahead of it please ? I’m batch 5 by the way.

KevoS2009 wrote: »
    I’m after getting called for an interview next Saturday . Very excited and extremely nervous. Has anyone got any tips ahead of it please ? I’m batch 5 by the way.

All the best for saturday Kevo. I'm going too and beginning to feel the nerves :(

• Advertisement

All the best for saturday Kevo. I'm going too and beginning to feel the nerves :(

Cheers pal and same to you . My Nerves are off the charts. great to have this thread to look through to see how to prepare for the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

I'm not able to attend my interview today I'm sick. I have a doctor cert would I be able to get my interview rescheduled.

I landed a job at the recruitment event today. I’m delighted. Many thanks for all the advice on here.
    Now, who can tell me anything about the Property Registration Authority?
    Thanks

Passed my interview and got a placement in NSSO in clonskeagh to start next week . So happy and many thanks to everyone who has posted on here about the interview process :-)

I am booked to go away on a Tuesday and Wednesday in Mid April . Should I ask them for the time off so soon after starting or just cancel my trip? I dont want to rock the boat so soon but just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on what I could do?

Passed my interview and got a placement in NSSO in clonskeagh to start next week . So happy and many thanks to everyone who has posted on here about the interview process :-)

I am booked to go away on a Tuesday and Wednesday in Mid April . Should I ask them for the time off so soon after starting or just cancel my trip? I dont want to rock the boat so soon but just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on what I could do?

Perfectly normal to have leave already booked. Just let them know before you start.

Just curious as to how long it was for any of you from submitting your Garda vetting until you got a start date?

• Advertisement

Nihiyminoy wrote: »
    Just curious as to how long it was for any of you from submitting your Garda vetting until you got a start date?

15 Weeks. 12 Weeks seems about the average.

15 Weeks. 12 Weeks seems about the average.

Was hoping not to get an answer like that, imagine how long “special vetting” takes then

Was hoping not to get an answer like that, imagine how long “special vetting” takes then

AGS vetting is special vetting AFAIK. Are you having to do something in excess or the 'normal' AGS vetting?

Edit Sorry just assumed you were placed with AGS, massive influx of people there. If it's not AGS or similar it could be done inside a couple of weeks.

AGS vetting is special vetting AFAIK. Are you having to do something in excess or the 'normal' AGS vetting?

Edit Sorry just assumed you were placed with AGS, massive influx of people there. If it's not AGS or similar it could be done inside a couple of weeks.

Hate to be uninformed but what is AGS? Haha, A_____ Garda Síochána?

I just assumed that it was “special vetting” because it’s for clerical officers within the Gardai.

Hate to be uninformed but what is AGS? Haha, A_____ Garda Síochána?

I just assumed that it was “special vetting” because it’s for clerical officers within the Gardai.

If it's with An Garda Síochána (AGS) then it will be special vetting. 12 - 16 weeks roughly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement