Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasps on raspberry bushes

Options
  • 14-09-2017 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I meant to ask this a while back but never get around to it

Prior to raspberry fruits ripening my this-year planted raspberry plants regularly had a small number of wasps crawling intently all over them. About 6-8 weeks ago. There were some whitish green berries growing at the time but the wasps weren’t damaging them. More recently the berries came to fruition and were delicious, and the wasps no longer seemed to be around.

I’m just curious as to why the wasps were so previously fascinated with them – would they have been eating some other insect attracted to the bush?

This is impossible to google as I’ll just get information on people trying to stop wasps eating their berries.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They feed on nectar and insects earlier in the year, so could be either or both.

Advertisement